Skip to content

How popular is Baldur's Gate in Italy?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    In 1998-2002 in Italy in the dedicated newsgroup (it.comp.giochi.rpg) we were talking about bg and bg2 all the time. No rpg ever was that successful. I knew personally many people who used to play it.
  • stringa85stringa85 Member Posts: 10
    Hi from Italy! this is the only game that I played many times on my PC... I think that baldur's saga is popular in Italy, and enhanced edition version is very appreciate from our side! Thanks!
  • LuthfordLuthford Member Posts: 1,301
    edited April 2013
    I was 14 years old the first time i saw this masterpiece.. a friend of mine suggested to install baldur's gate on my pc and my first comment, when i saw a screen like that:
    "this game is shit"!!
    It was 1998.. since then i have never stopped to play this game (the game) and now i'm 29 years old XD
    ps: aedan purtroppo l immagine l ho trovata tramite google e ho cercato di scrivere nel modo più corretto possibile. Magari poi ti racconto un aneddoto sui thread nostrani XD
  • MandraMandra Member Posts: 5
    I'm italian and I think that Baldur's Gate is the best rpg in the world!! ;-)
  • arivittarivitt Member Posts: 30
    Baldur's Gate is the only game I play. And the Italian translation is the only thing that make me buy the game.
  • SeanCourtneySeanCourtney Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2013
    for me it's the same thing that said @arivitt and @Mandra...I love to play BG but only if i can play in italian (I'm sorry for my english)
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    In Italy Baldur's Gate is a must! :D Ciao a tutti!
  • scubarazorscubarazor Member Posts: 4
    I love Baldur's Gate :) !!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Maybe a bit off topic here, but I believe both companies responsible for BG are Canadian (Bioware and Overhaul); correct me if I'm wrong.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    From Edmonton even.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Tresset said:

Maybe a bit off topic here, but I believe both companies responsible for BG are Canadian (Bioware and Overhaul); correct me if I'm wrong.

I do not understand how this is related to the topic :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm from South America, but I have dual-citizenship (Italian/Brazilian). Does that count?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Pibaro said:

In 1998-2002 in Italy in the dedicated newsgroup (it.comp.giochi.rpg) we were talking about bg and bg2 all the time. No rpg ever was that successful. I knew personally many people who used to play it.

And then came Final Fantasy 7.XD

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Kilivitz
    Sure. You can join us in the party!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited April 2013

And then came Final Fantasy 7.XD

You could even say "And then came Diablo 2" :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I noticed the German section just expanded recently...
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I am Italian-American born in New York ed ho famiglia fra tutta l'Italia. Baldur's Gate truly gives me the feeling of fantasy Europe in medieval times, and it is based on such a realistic system of abilities and chance. I am so happy to hear that it is such a big hit in my country of origin.

• Alcott80Alcott80 Member Posts: 1
    Hi from Italy... I love B'sG!!! :-)