Skip to content

Dragon Age III Announced: Will you buy?

1121314151618»

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

yes, that is why I admitted that Miranda isn't the most hated :) generally people hated the 2 for being cerberus, of course i know people on BSN who only like Miranda because "that ass" that bioware keeps shoving in everybody's face like it will make me like her. I think they failed with that one when I picked the faceless squadmate for all of my Shepard, rather watching the others on youtube (unless I am femshep then I go Garrus)

She was sexualized to a ridiculous degree, this is true, but I think the reason she tends to rank higher than Jacob also has to do with the fact that she actually changes as a result of her storyline, whereas Jacob doesn't. I mean, you go through this whole thing with him and his father and all that, and at the end of it he's exactly the same as before, whereas Miranda can be persuaded to actually connect with her sister and admit to Shepard that her whole "Little Miss Perfect" act is just that, an act. (Also: Miranda actually stands up to the Illusive Man if she's with you at the last boss fight, whereas Jacob doesn't).

Jacob was cool with my main Shepard, because they were both regular guys that could just hang out. I can imagine the ME2 romance plus the events of running into Jacob in ME3 left a lot of FemShep players enraged, though.

I don't think you're quite right about Sebastian, though. He has a pretty strong fanbase, whereas there's like a total of four of us on these forums that might stick up for Anomen.

It's not so much the size of the fanbase as it is a question of comparison: as a rogue/archer, he's competing for a spot on the party with Varric.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    shawne said:

It's not so much the size of the fanbase as it is a question of comparison: as a rogue/archer, he's competing for a spot on the party with Varric.

True...I definitely always take Varric, myself.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Well for the record I was just naming examples, I actually enjoyed all of the characters I mentioned. >_>
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    shawne said:

She was sexualized to a ridiculous degree, this is true, but I think the reason she tends to rank higher than Jacob also has to do with the fact that she actually changes as a result of her storyline, whereas Jacob doesn't. I mean, you go through this whole thing with him and his father and all that, and at the end of it he's exactly the same as before, whereas Miranda can be persuaded to actually connect with her sister and admit to Shepard that her whole "Little Miss Perfect" act is just that, an act. (Also: Miranda actually stands up to the Illusive Man if she's with you at the last boss fight, whereas Jacob doesn't).

It also helps that the game calls her out on her outfit during her personal quest. Loved that part to the point where I model my Asari Sentinel in the ME3 multiplayer after that asari mercenary captain, tough-as-nails with a big shotgun as my only weapon.