Any word on the next patch?

2»

Comments

• Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    Five new kits in the next patch?!? :P
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Pluc082 said:

Five new kits in the next patch?!? :P

See, exactly like that. We aren't including new kits in this next patch, but if any one of us even suggests that we might be, it suddenly raises expectations that may or may not be able to be met. :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Dee: If you don't want people to misunderstand, isn't the solution to be very clear and unambiguous when making official statements?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @shawne
    You raise an excellent point, and it merits some further discussion. I've started a thread here for just that purpose.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I say patience is a virtue. Look at it this way: If it rains on your parade when the forecast said it wouldn't do you yell at the weather man? Yes you do, but you shouldn't. Stuff happens and things don't always go according to plan. We can't appease everyone any more than we can bring world peace. We are trying to minimize the unhappy fans factor as much as we can but we do have our limits. It is just a fact of life. Also patience is a good life skill.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I once thought of ideas for new content, and then the memory of that idea, and now I thirst only for more content. AND I WILL HAVE IT!!!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I only care about match-making, not some silly jewelry stacking bug....
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Elendar said:

I only care about match-making, not some silly jewelry stacking bug....

This ^ been waiting for matchmaking sense day 1 :(
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    PinkRose said:

I've played since release and I haven't had any problems that have stopped me from enjoying the game.

You can't pretend you had no crashes or stuttering by the day of the release.

I'm playing since the day of the release and my game crashed many times for various reasons, even when saving.

Fortunately those crashes were fixed, but they do occur from time to time.

Again, other bugs have remained for a long time and new ones seem to appear quite frequently.

Dee said:

@FrancescoT
    Any post you see from someone with a blue background is a post from a developer; I haven't looked to make sure, but we do post somewhat frequently on the boards, and often times we offer some insight as to where things stand.

Any time you're working on a commercial product, however, you need to be careful of how much you reveal. I could say, for instance, that we have five new kits that are going into the next patch, which would make a lot of people happy--but then what happens if one or all of those kits ends up having a lot of bugs in it, and we decide not to include them yet?

We're working hard to make sure each patch includes enough to make it worthwhile with AppStore and Steam approval times. There are a lot of threads asking for information about the next patch, and we post in them when we have time.

Why not address in first hand what currently is and then add new stuff (than adding new stuff without fixing the base as much as possible) ?

• hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2013

You can't pretend you had no crashes or stuttering by the day of the release.

I can most certainly say that I have had no crashes or stuttering. And I wouldn't be pretending. I've had some bugs (tethtorils scroll for instance), but no crashes or stuttering.
    They can occur very scarcely (for instance when loading a new area) or when you mess too much with the zoom function.
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    Sooo, have I missed something or have there been no patches since February?

Was kinda disappointed in that patch... took a break for a while to wait for new patches to fix stuff and, well seems I'm still waiting.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    That's pretty much what this post was about. ;)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :(
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    No, there was a patch last month.

But if you're not Italian, you probably don't care.
    *looks at date*
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    doing a cross platform simultainous patch launch, means a longer wait, they need to do x times the work depending on how many platforms they're releasing for.

- PC
    - MaC
    - Ipad

a month for each platform, seems right enough. That's the curse of multi platform availability, bugs/fixes just takes longer to do, and are more frequent.