Skip to content

A Canon party story plan with a love button. Please press.

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
The Canon party. A story plan via the use of NPCs to replace the current Baldur's Gate books...

The main story should role on but the NPCs give the extra bit of flavour. If the books were re-written I would try and include them all...

The Canon party I believe should be...

1) Anduin - Greatest bathrobe wearer on the planet award winner 2012-2013

2) Imoen - Bit of a flirt with Anduin... Until truths are revealed (a bit like Leia kissing luke in Star Wars...) They bump into...

3) Xar, who wants to go to the friendly arm inn with his sidekick...

4) Montaron, who at the friendly arm recognises Jaheria as a Harper and Jaheria recognises Zhents. After a bungled attempt on Anduins life, Xar and Montaron both flee so that...

5) Jaheria and...

6) Khalid can join you all the way to Nashkell. Where you meet...

7) Minsc. Who you agree to help. Jaheria and Khalid, disagree with this is foolishness and disappear to solve the iron riddle on their own whilst you go to save Dynahier, who is also being hunted by a mage that joins your group his name is...

8) Edwin who on seeing...

9) Dynheir, blasts her into little chunks. Minsc and Edwin leave the area battling with spells being slung and swords used in a most dangerous manner... Imoen and Anduin listen to Dynaheir's dying wish that you are to look after Minsc, but without a Minsc to look after wander back to Bergost to regroup... You bump into...

10) Kivan. He is a silent unsmiling character. He constantly disappears then returns to the group constantly just in time to put an arrow through a bandits ass. You also bump into...

11) Kagain, who flirts with Imoen, carries all her equipment and generally doffs his helmet to her in all sociable exchanges, causing moments of awkwardness... This only makes Imoen jump into the arms of...

12) Garrick, a useless warrior, but one with a winning smile, who woos Imoen. They share moment of passion in Nashkel. Kagain is left to rage in jealousy... After defeating the Orc, Mulahey, in which Garrick saves Imoen from death, Kagain throws his axe into the back of Garrick. Kagain then demands Anduin from Imoen, who refuses. Without his axe Kagain grabs the nearest weapon to hand, a strange purple sword from the treasure chest and attempts to plunge it into Anduin's heart. The sword blasts Kagain's arm from his body. Holding the stump of his arm he vows revenge and disappears into the mines darkness...

13) Xan, doomed to be number 13 explains what happened and that the blade is a moonblade and after a tearful goodbye between Garrick and Imoen, you bury Garrick and Imoens love and escape... Soon after the group bump into a statue of...

14) Branwen, who you rescue. She heals your party but forms a bond with Kivan whos heart is also healed. Branwen has lost her family from being in stone form for so long, Kivan his wife... Kivan begins to actually smile. You go to the bandit camp, at which point Branwen is slain saving Kivan... Kivan also leaves the party, the tears on his face hidden by the relentless rain, his face a grim mask matching the weather, as he carries the body of Branwen into the forest. Silently vowing vengence... This leaves Xan, Imoen and Anduin to journey to the mines. On the way they meet...

15) Coran, who is happy go lucky chap that cheers the gloom ridden group... Also...

16) Eldoth, who is actually not wanted in the group, but follows and speaks against...

17) Faldorn, who you pick up to lead you through the forest... Eldoth warns Anduin that Faldorn wants to kill Coran for hunting Wyverns... And on finding the Wyverns... Faldorn changes sides and sets a veritable host of wyverns onto the group... Eldoth saves Xan, who would have been doomed without him, and is fully welcomed into the group. Faldorn is slain and they venture into the mines and find...

18) Yeslick... Who Imoen is wary of after Kagain. Yeslick promises to prove his worth to Imoen and becomes her father / protector figure. The group venture to Baldur's gate where at the urging of Eldoth, they go straight on to save...

19) Skie... Eldoth and Skie have a lot of catching up to do... Eldoth and Skie whilst agreeing to a crime spree including blackmail, promise to aid the group in the future... Coran, also gets a surprise when he finds out his child is in danger. The group save the day, but Coran takes time out with his daughter... Xan, bemoans that the group is doomed without more clerics. Luckily the group bump into...

20) Tiax, who wants to rule all and another gnome named...

21) Quayle, Both of them bicker... Anduin has just about had it with Tiax and Quayle and Ankhegs on a trip back to the friendly arm when suddenly...

22) Ajantis, appears and smites both. Shocked with a sudden abundance of dead gnome, the party confront the Paladin who explains that at least one of the Gnomes was a follower of Cyric and that Cyric is evil. The group are unsure about Ajantis, the uneasiness is put under more strain when Ajantis hands a letter from Jaheria... She is following other clues and urges you onwards... Ajantis stays with the group and the group bump into...

23) Shar-Teel, who slays Ajantis in combat. She is about to lay into Anduin after proving the prowess of females over males, when Imoen puts an arrow through her eye. Onwards and upwards... The group bumps into...

24) Viconia, who instantly goes under Anduin's wing for protection. A strained romance starts... But is made more awkward by the sudden appearence of...

25) Safana, who now becomes Anduins favourite... After a romantic tryst in the night Anduin is awoken by screams. Viconia has slain Safana! Viconia, attempts to explain that Safana was stealing from the group... Imoen and Xan are about to send Viconia back to Shar, when suddenly she casts a blinding light and disappears into the forest. Anduin finds the stolen belongings on Safana, proclaiming that Viconia was indeed innocence... Saddened, they continue until in the hall of wonders they meet...

26) Alora who believes that she can guide the group through the thieves maze with her lucky rabbits foot... She dies instantly from a spiked pit trap... Luckily, Eldoth and Skie turn up, although they do not join the group through there thief network they give a map of the maze to the adventurers and wish them well... Also to wish them well Coran appears, who also passes on the news that an Elf was looking for them.

Anduin, Imoen, Yeslick and Xan stumble upon the ruins of the temple of Bhaal. They muster themselves to enter when the crack of thunder and the chime of sword on metal can be heard. Edwin and Minsc are fighting in the bowels of Baldur's Gate!

What twisted machinations could have brought the battling pair to the temple of murder? This is a question that would need to wait... Edwin scampers breathlessly into the temple. Screaming his vengence at the sky Minsc follows. Feeling astounded at the sudden reappearance of Minsc and Edwin, the group give chase and enter the temple...

Only to be confronted by a shocked Kagain. It conspires he has used a hold person spell on Minsc who now stands frozen before him. Edwin smiles his thanks and leaves the temple. Kagain's trap had failed but his will had not, with half a zombiefied arm attached, Kagain throws his axe into the group and Imoen receives a glancing blow. Yeslick steps up and saves Imoen, but in killing Kagain is mortally wounded. Yeslick and Imoen share a tearful farewell as Yeslick, the last of his Clan dies... EPIC! Okay where was I... As the dwarf dies an evil chuckle comes from the gloom... Saveoursock has been warned of your coming by the jealous wrought Kagain, in return for whatever spells he used against the group!

Saveoursock and his well prepared militants let loose an armageddon of spells against the group... All is lost... Xan dies... Imoen lies unconcious and Anduin, weaponless, inches his way across the temple floor towards Xan. To all extents and purposes they are left bleeding and bereft on the temple floor.

Saveoursock, disappointed at how easily his brother is defeated steps forward to finish it. Kivan appears as an avenging shadow and takes out all the protagonists with his arrows... Shouting the names of his fallen kin as each arrow flies... His quiver empty he abandons his bow, and shouting "For Branwen!", thrusts his spear through the body of the evil mage, he turns, only to be picked up by the neck by Saveoursock. Who throws his body like a rag doll against the walls of the temple.

Meanwhile Minsc, awakens from the spell cast upon him. He screams his pain at the temple roof. Kivan, broken and bloodied pleas to Minsc not to make the same mistake as him. Save the living, don't avenge the dead, the dead will never thank you for it. Minsc, stares at Kivan before resting his eyes on Saveoursock, who throws Kivan against the wall above the altar. Calmly, Minsc turns his back on them both and leaves the temple. Squeaks can be heard...

Saveoursock, picks up Kivan and pins him to the altar with his own spear, demanding his name. Kivan gives it and the name of his love that Saveoursock unwittingly killed. Saveoursock, unwittingly gives Kivan what he sought, he smiles as he joins his lost love... This unexpected event leaves Saveoursock is momentarily stunned...

"Sword meet Evil, EVIL MEET MY SWORD! RAAARRRGH!" Saveoursock's helmet is sent flying, the second thrust disarms him. The third strike is caught in Saveoursocks hands, who twists the blade and breaks it in half. Minsc, throws himself forward and grabs armour, pulls and twist, ripping away Saveoursocks pauldron. He kicks again and Saveoursock is on his back, Minsc runs forward to take advantage but Saveoursock returns the favour by rolling back onto his feet and ripping Minsc's own armour away. The mighty warriors wrestle to a standstill, arms clenched around each others throats, muscles taut and bare to the unearthly light of the temple. Minsc weakens first, and is forced down onto his knees. Saveoursock cries out in triumph and breaks hold to land a titanic blow to Minsc's head. Minsc does not fall. Another blow, armoured hand against naked skull, the crack of which resounds through the temple. Minsc stands taller, starts to smile. "I WILL BE LAST!" Saveoursock grabs Minsc and throws him against the altar, smashing it. Stooping to pick up his sword and then carrying it aloft, its tip pointing downwards to Minsc's heart he cries "and you WILL go first"

"Not today Brother..." Anduin plunges the Moonblade between Saveoursocks shoulderblades. Saveoursock stares in shock at the blade that has appeared in front of him through his chest. The blade crackles with arcane might as it sends the killer of it's master to the void... Saveoursock fades as his flesh withers from his bones and his skeleton becomes ash...

Anduin collapses... He awakes as Jaheria and Khalid explain how they retrieved you from the crypt... Imoen and Minsc are the only other survivors from the battle with Saveoursock...

Okay this turned into something else halfway through... I just couldn't stop. This is a story plan... How can anyone make a piece of literature based on this story WITHOUT it being crap is beyond me...
Post edited by Anduin on

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited April 2013
    Okay. @EntropyXII put the idea into my head. Twice already. Stop!

Again an epic post. I apologise, and again, I have started another thread so people can read it and discuss it without hijacking someone else's thread. The thread that started it can be read here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18121/if-abdel-adrian-never-existed

Tell me your thoughts...

EDIT: If your wondering about why Neera, Dorn and Rassad did not make the cut. It is simply because I don't know enough about them yet and I am unsure if they should be allowed to live on into BG2...

oooh crap! I killed off Quayle!
    Post edited by Anduin on
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I found it quite funny, I enjoyed the read but the entire story arch is so, all over the place it just would have to span over a long, long time. How these adventurers all seem to bump into each other is just funny. only thing that made me 'WTF' was Minsc and Edwin appear at the end near the crypt, how the hell did they get there and why? and how long have they still been fighting? did they sleep between the battle? some of the descriptions of the characters make no sense. I don't see Kagain being all lovey dovey towards imoen, He is interested in gold and killing, he would be more likely to angrily push the group towards looting. Ajantis killing two gnomes for the sake of one of them being evil and him being a paladin just seems out of character. Kivan is much more reserved and I think he would have a different approach towards the fight at the end with Sarevok. However these aren't complaints this is what made it funny for me, the complete randomized events that roll around and make no sense :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @majoca The origins is that I was trying to change the canon party, from the Abdel version. I basically put the full 26 original characters as the canon! To fit them into the novel NEEDED to be quite random.

It is also a story plan. But couldn't help but go into more detail as I got near the end. Basically for the end to work you need Minsc, Imoen, Khalid and Jaheria together.

The Minsc and Edwin dynamic is a whole other level of backstory that could be a book on its own... How did they find themselves battling under Baldurs Gate indeed! Lets just presume Minsc hunted Edwin relentlessly.

Kagain is evil, but still has needs... He does indeed demand Imoen at the end.... If I had time to add detail, he would have been doing all the extra things, lovey doves as you say, and EXPECTED Imoen to like him. Think the highwayman, Bess and the stable hand tryst... Look up the poem.

Ajantis is a Paladin of the stupid good kind... He also has been killed and resurrected many times, expects that this is the norm, and if he makes a mistake he can pop to the temple to correct it... I killed him off and I fully expect Ajantis would not even complain knowing his temple friends will resurrect him in time for BG2... Quayle and Tiax just had it coming....

Hope this answers a few of your questions... It was only a plan written in 10 minutes :)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It's great, but Quayle mustn't die ;_;
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Anduin I guess that makes me your muse? I'm honoured :)
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Loved it. If anyone should try and make this mess of a story into a book, it's you!

In all honesty, I would scrap some of the characters if I had to write a Baldur's Gate novel. Just too many things going on.
    edited April 2013

I like it all except for the part about Imoen liking Garrick. Makes me want to play the game and kill Garrick.

I just kill Garrick anyway normally... The Beregost NPCs became inadvertently important....

Post edited by Anduin on

Loved it. If anyone should try and make this mess of a story into a book, it's you!

In all honesty, I would scrap some of the characters if I had to write a Baldur's Gate novel. Just too many things going on.

The whole of BG has to many things going on if you include the main plot and the side quests... Even the little added extra information served up on the side sorta dialogues, makes it messy from standard prose. Works in a computer game, as you are controlling the hero and you decide what to do... Which is messy, as then the author has to decide what to do... And other people may not agree with you...

Thought about ditching the whole Ajantis, Gnome slaying Shar-Teel thing as it would be pointless... Although the same could be said about another little chunk of NPCs that stay then leave quick...

I am amazed no one has looked at all the mistakes... I use 'you' instead of Anduin for instance and there is a whole chunk around Coran leaving that is rubbish... Doesn't even make sense...
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
    That was really awesome.
  • imajasjamimajasjam Member Posts: 59
    Look on the bright side Anduin, at least you did better than Philip Athans.
    @jagged I agree with you not because I am really vain and I think it awesome... But from the perspective that it was awesome to write.

@imajasjam lol! I didn't do better than Phillip... He got paid!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    The story is cool, and we get to see all The NPCs this way. Maybe someone should have a playthrough just like you described.

This would make a cool anime series, methinks. Lots and lots of characters, drama, adventure, fantasy, comic relief jokes, etc. Heh.
    @

But you kept your dignity and the approval of the community. There are things money can't buy.

This made my day to read this.

Unfortunately their is no love button to press... So I pressed the like button...

edited May 2013
    @lunar said:

The story is cool, and we get to see all The NPCs this way. Maybe someone should have a playthrough just like you described.

This would make a cool anime series, methinks. Lots and lots of characters, drama, adventure, fantasy, comic relief jokes, etc. Heh.

Comic would work. You could end each 20 page (12 frame standard) with a climax or reveal EASILY.

If straight into a book I foresee a trilogy. Kagains betrayal in the mine would be the end of book 1. Kivan carrying Branwen's form into the forest, jaw grimly set, tears falling end of book 2. Anduin given the gift to use the moonblade to kill his psychotic brother end of book 3.

That leaves the problem of covering Durlags and the Isle... I think they could be covered in another book by themselves. An overarching theme being that, after destroying Saveoursock, Anduin would enter Durlags to save the child (and prove to himself he is not a psychopath) although he could turn into a psycho after watching / killing children who turn into werewolves!

EDIT: @kidcarnival loving the love button. Can you make one for my wife?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Oh, I thought you want a button your wife can press, so you can play BG without interruptions. I will research the options for a new button that is more effective for your purpose.

Oh, I thought you want a button your wife can press, so you can play BG without interruptions. I will research the options for a new button that is more effective for your purpose.

An easy mistake... Perhaps you could provide a users manual?

On learning of my mistake, I asked my wife to push her love button...

The Doctors said that my vision will return in a few days and that my nose has almost no crook in it at all.
    I can already twitch my little toe, and should be up and about to do the housework in no time at all! In the meantime I get to put my legs (and arms) up and lie about in bed all day role-playing at being a mummy.

All thanks to your marvelous love button!

I'm glad I could grace your life with the experience of LARPing a mummy! It's a rewarding role, though I admit it is not easy to wrap your mind around the insane arcane power you'll wield in a few centuries and at the same time being aware that you won't live long enough to get to that part of the roleplay. To speed up the process and gain unbelievable power, just press the mummy button while I research new technologies to create the perfect button for your wife. (I'll have the knowledge of Animal Husbandry in about 56 rounds; I work as fast as I can!)

MUMMY BUTTON
    I liked so much... I have abandoned the red bathrobes...
    Oh the inspiration for my BG novel... A nearsighted Beholder Paladin of Helm with a Red Wizard familiar who travels with a decaying mummy mage who is obsessed with buttons; that is the stuff of legends! Note to self: recruit @OneAngryMushroom as cleric.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Good work!
    I have it! Button eye mummy! We can't have too many eyes in the party.
    This my greatest catchphrase...

'As a mage I can zip you, I can even zap you, I could even toggle you out of existence but I would prefer to summon a dire badger in your buttonhole and watch you suffer. SUFFER!'

And I didn't use it once in the epic http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16523/black-pits-faq-guide thread...
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...a dire badger of the size of Elminster AND HIS HAT?