Skip to content

A Canon party story plan with a love button. Please press.

2»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited May 2013
    ...a dire badger of the size of Elminster... who has done something nasty... IN HIS HAT!
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Hey, at what point did you write out Jaheira and Khalid? They joined in FAI, but then all of a sudden Xan, Imoen, and Anduin are alone.
    rdarken said:

Hey, at what point did you write out Jaheira and Khalid? They joined in FAI, but then all of a sudden Xan, Imoen, and Anduin are alone.

They called Anduin foolish for helping Minsc, and continued to solve the iron crisis on there own. I envisioned them discovering the manufacturer of the taint given to the kobolds that was destroying the iron...

• SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, this can't be canon. I hate to be "that guy," but here are a couple reasons why:

1) Dynaheir's death in BG1 can't be canon, because she's part of your party that Irenicus kidnaps at the start of BG2. (when you free Minsc, he's going bonkers [moreso than usual] because when the party was abducted he watched Dynaheir get killed)

2) Minor: Garrick can't die in BG1 because he puts in an appearance in BG2, acting out a bizarre reenactment of Cyrano DeBergerac near the Order of the Most Radiant Heart in the Temple District of Amn. (I classify this as a minor paradox, but only because I found Garrick annoying and ditched him pretty much immediately after beating the everloving snot out of Silke)

3) Faldorn can't die in BG1 because she ends up being the leader of the Shadow Druids in BG2, whom you have to kill (and, if your main character is a Druid, you assume her place as Great Druid in the druidic stronghold questline).

4) Tiax (who is by far the best NPC in BG1, hands down) can't die in BG1. He returns as a prisoner of Spellhold in BG2, and appears to be destroyed by Irenicus -- though, actually, of course he survives this and goes on to rule. Because that is what Tiax do.

5) Quayle also can't die in BG1. This is actually fairly huge, because as backstory for BG2, Quayle is the adoptive father of Aerie, one of your NPCs.

6) Ajantis also can't die in BG1: he reappears in BG2 as one of the paladins that Firkraag tricks you into slaying by making them appear to be ogres.

There may be others that I missed, but these were the ones that leapt out at me as immediately causing difficulties for the space-time continuum. Two final post-scripts:

PS- I always find it's easier to just ignore most D&D novelizations, with the possible exception of the original three Dragonlance books.

PPS- I really am actually sort of amazed that you didn't include Rasaad, Dorn and Neera. Not only are they a bit fresher than the original BG1 cast of NPCs, they also have generally more depth-of-backstory (because of the special questlines that come bundled with their DLC packages).

EDIT: ... also, what about [[[[[[[[[MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT]]]]]]]]]]? Surely he ought to have been involved in a retelling of the tale of Baldur's Gate.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Anduin! I feel this surface dweller has a way to gaze into the future! Can you teach me your brain switching trick? I want that ability! I could see ALL THE FUTURES at once!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anduin said:

EDIT: @KidCarnival As a Necromancer... I can't use Divination spells... It is most perplexing... I would need to take @Sixheadeddog 's brain... BUT HE HAS SIX HEADS! Which one! Which one! I only have room for one! (Okay maybe two at a squeeze...)

All of the heads! Can't you see? I have six eyes, he has six brains! We just need to be quick, so we can harvest them before @Southpaw gets wind of this.
    *With necromantic skill and surgery, @Anduin removes all six of @sixheadeddog 's brains without him noticing anything more than a strange whistling between the ears...*

Okay... Quick, before @Southpaw arrives and thinks this is some kind brain buffet...

*@Anduin puts a brain on his head and holds a brain in each hand to @KidCarnival 's eyes*

All of the heads! Can't you see? I have six eyes

Errrr.... I haven't got enough hands... Hang on I have an idea...

*@Anduin starts juggling*
    Eye of Helm intensly gazes at the brains juggled in front of him.

This was meant to happen! I knew it all along! Levitating brains! THIS IS DESTINY!
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Anduin said:

Dragonlance? You have fine taste sir... fine taste... Why are you reading my drivel?

*shrug* Actually, I peek into these forums every few weeks to see if there's any news about either an upcoming update/patch, or the Next Big Game being put out in this era of Infinity game revival. BG2? IWD? IWD2? Torment?
    Anduin said:

PPS- I really am actually sort of amazed that you didn't include Rasaad, Dorn and Neera. Not only are they a bit fresher than the original BG1 cast of NPCs, they also have generally more depth-of-backstory (because of the special questlines that come bundled with their DLC packages).

I have no idea if they make it to BG2... So that would be silly to make them canon. They would also take over the story as they actually have a story in BG.
    I sort of think it's a 90% surety that these three characters will carry over into BG2EE. True enough, their storylines resolve kind of nicely in BG1, but a lot of investment has been made in them. And each of them is a romance option. It would almost be silly *not* to drag these three over into the sequel redux.

So stop juggling my eyes and backtrack a little so you can write them in.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ~*grumble, grumble...SIX HEADS? DELICIOUS! *~
    Awwwww.... @Southpaw ! I was gonna put em back!
    Levitating brains? Oh don't be silly, we are not in some fantasy world.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Anduin said:

rdarken said:

They called Anduin foolish for helping Minsc, and continued to solve the iron crisis on there own. I envisioned them discovering the manufacturer of the taint given to the kobolds that was destroying the iron...

Sorry I missed that!