Skip to content

Paladins take a long... long time to heal...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
The user and all related content has been deleted.
1.png 911.2K

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Our Paladin has fallen in love with the portly inn keeper. Bjornin helaed long ago, but he is afraid to leave the side of his true love, and so fakes his illness so that he may stay and the keeper will continue caring for him. He has spent over a year building up to a confession of his true feelings, but his shyness keeps getting the better of him.

Alas, if only the affairs of the heart were as easy to resolve as a marauding group of ogres.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    He's malingering so he can continue to collect long-term disability.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...and he wants to park his horse on the "reserved for handicapped" spot.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    It's really the goody-two shoes gene that causes this - he would have healed several times over by now but every time some healing approaches a wound it sends it away saying no no I'm sure there are other wounds that need more attention than I and the healing is sent hither and yon getting the same message from each wound it approaches until it simply withers away and another bit of healing appears and approaches a wound and the wound sends it away saying no no I'm sure there are other wounds that need more attention than I and the healing is sent hither and yon and......
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    437 days? What were you doing all that time? Just curious. :-D
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Unfortunately the wounds that Bjornin suffers from recur every single morning and are self inflicted. "

"Hey Bar-keep. I need nuth'r of them home brews - Hic!"
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    ...Didn't they teach him how to use Lay On Hands in his temple?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Look. You have enough intestines in your gut to get halfway to the moon... Bjornin got disembowelled last outing. Not disastrous as he is growing them back 2cm a day! Until then it is a cheap time at the bar, buying one drink, then continually refilling it from the magic filling colostomy bag...
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Archaos said:

They did, but then there were problems with the authorities.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I think he has PTSD. Every time someone over 6ft comes into the bar he has flashbacks and needs to order another Firewine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Archaos said:

He got into trouble for laying his hands on the wrong lass (or lad) and was told never to do that again.
  • ICNICN Member Posts: 61
    You seem to be underestimating the pain and suffering caused by a bruised ego. Some wounds you just can't come back from...
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I heard about that one back at the temple before an inquisition. In reality he's just an initiate that seems to have gotten lost from his commander and is to afraid to return to his temple for fear of punishment. I'll get him on the way back to Baldur's Gate when I make another run from Nashkel.
    @OneAngryMushroom Are you gonna stuff him in a sack and drag him back to his Order?

"Can you let me out please? Its dark and stuffy in here!" "Quiet you! You already put me over my encumberance limit!"

Archaos said:

He got into trouble for laying his hands on the wrong lass (or lad) and was told never to do that again.
    I heard he got caught laying hands on himself in public and got in major trouble. Something about indecent exposure???
    yup. there goes the old paladin-in-training excuse "I was just trying to heal her!"

...that got me thinking, monks do get a "Lay on hands" spell too, but only on themselves. (Monks get healed with a little "private time" ?)
    "I'll be in my bunk."
    Rasaad
    Southpaw said:

"I'll be in my bunk."
    Rasaad

Or:

"Isn't that Viconia really something? I think I'll need some time in my bunk" - Rasaad

• OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    CaptRory said:

@OneAngryMushroom Are you gonna stuff him in a sack and drag him back to his Order?

"Can you let me out, please? Its dark and stuffy in here!" "Quiet you! You already put me over my encumberance limit!"

I was originally going to put him on a pony and pull him back but that sounds much better. I can do that because I'm a myconid.
    @OneAngryMushroom
    I hope you weren't referring to me. I'm more of a library pony. =-p
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    For some... reason... can't... resist... posting...

He took an arrow to the knee, the incurable ailment that befalls adventures.

Gah! Flag option That way --->
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I think the reason why's he still there is that he saw Imoen and realize he could never have her and decided to spend the rest of his days drowning himself ale. Imoen has the effect on a lot of people.
    @Alexisisinneed

Is that what you're in need of? Some Vitamin Immy?
    @CaptRory

Who doesn't? Vitamin Immy is a crucial for a growing Adventure.
    @Alexisisinneed

Haha! Fair enough!
    Is it just me or does Imoen remind anyone else of Dawn on Buffy the Vampire-Slayer?
    Well Imoen is useful to the group and Dawn is just a plot point for the fifth season and after that she just takes up space. But you could argue that they both have cheery personalities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675