Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Spells: Find Traps and Knock. Do they work? (

LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
edited April 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I've played through BG dozens of times, and still I have not used those spells. Because I love thieves. Now, I am planning a 3 or 4 member-evil run with my protagonist being a level 6 thief, then dual-classing over to mage. Vicconia, Dorn, and maybe Eldoth because I never took a bard along before.

My concern is Durlag's tower. I want to complete everything in the game, and DT is a wicked grind and the last time I ran through it traps were a huge problem even for my skilled rogues. Will Vikky's Find Traps spell work 100% of the time?? My main character can only get his traps skill up to 80%, because I am putting 95 points into setting traps. My mains lock skill will only be around 30%, aka useless. So I will need to rely heavily on knock spells. Do they work 100% of the time?

With traps, I hope to find them with magic, then use a potion of perception to disarm the tougher ones.

Thanks in advance.

Comments