Skip to content

Smuggling into Baldur's Gate City

The user and all related content has been deleted.
1.png 1.8M

Comments

• LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    The guard in the eastern part is difficult to get by. This can make it unlikely you meet Tamoko or Delthyr without metagaming. Perhaps the smuggler can take you passt this first guard.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that the majority of players (if not all?) use the world map to get to Baldur's Gate once they finished Candlekeep during chapter 6. So the whole smuggling into the city is rather pointless. Now perhaps if there was a benefit to doing it?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @typo_tilly found a typo!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Samus said:

@Balquo I agree with your analysis, I am probably in the minority wanting to explore the extra content rather than rush to the end.

I do not know what is possible or not or the limitations involved, but one could make it so that players are forced to go through the gate area to access the main city (that would be the most logical step for me). By increasing the number of times the area is visited it provides the opportunity to put in temporary/random NPCs who are travelling to and from the city in that area, as an avenue for extra content or dialogue (Similar to the Drizzt mod you created).

Alternatively one could create a situation to encourage players to use the main gate rather than force them, so if you do not take the more subtle approach to enter the city perhaps you must fight a small group of Flaming Fist mercenaries / Battle Wizards. The event could trigger shortly after you do not smuggle your way into the city? Another alternative would be to increase the size and number of Flaming Fist mercenaries looking for you within different parts of the city if you did not smuggle your way in. As things currently stand I can avoid confrontation with the Flaming Fist rather easily, throw in 2-3 more NPCs in each city section and a Battle Wizard or two, then smuggling myself into the city becomes far more desirable...

I agree, as it stands now there really is no reason to use to sewers to get around (if you know what you are doing you can avoid the fist. It would be kind of sweet if you not only was there an incentive to use the smuggling but if it actually felt like you were being hunted.