Skip to content

Bhaalspawn powers in BG2EE:ToB

SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
When Irenicus snatch your soul you loose your Bhaalspawn powers.

Should those be back in ToB when you have come back from hell with your restored soul?

I think so. Like if you agree.
Yay or nay?
  1. Bhaalspawn powers in BG2EE:ToB97 votes
    1. Yay! My character should have his awesome god-given powers in the finale!
      83.51%
    2. Nay! They suck anyway. Irenicus can have them and rott in hell.
      16.49%

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, "awesome" is a relative term when talking about the bhaalspawn powers you get... I suppose Draw Upon Holy Might is pretty damn good for Fighter and Thief kits, but the rest of it all is kind of pointless by BG2...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    @Samus David Gaider, who was the original lead designer for the BG games, made some powers that you would acquire as you progressed in ToB. They decided to scrap that idea as they figured it would be too confusing or some such, but someone decided to make these powers available as a mod. Anyway, I found it on Baldurdash.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    @Samus Yeah I was not very sure on the facts there...
  • BestopherBestopher Member Posts: 28
    Something is better than nothing. Yay cure light wounds lol
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    When I hear the word bhaalspawn I don't think a few spells that any mediocre priest can cast. I imagine summoning fire from the skies, earthquakes underneath my foes' feet, floods from all directions, unholy lightning from my fingertips, and shooting evil black and red energy beams from the palm of my hand, CRUSHING ANY THAT DARE STAND BEFORE ME. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *Deep breath* O.K. I'm good now. I've calmed down
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    @OneAngryMushroom I think someone needs anger management :P
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564

@OneAngryMushroom I think someone needs anger management :P

Yeah maybe a little, what tipped you off the "OneAngry" part or the part where I was "burn the world!"
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I was very dissapointed when I saw that they were gone. Draw Upon Holy Might, Cure Light Wounds and Slow Poison, please come back to me...
    Post edited by Djimmy on
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Kaltzor said:

Well, "awesome" is a relative term when talking about the bhaalspawn powers you get... I suppose Draw Upon Holy Might is pretty damn good for Fighter and Thief kits, but the rest of it all is kind of pointless by BG2...

I wouldn't say 'Awesome', but I wouldn't say useless either. I routinely play a Wizard through the series. I am of the mind set that he is something of an atheist. Well, maybe not athiest. he believes in the Gods, he just refuses to worship them. Likewise, he really doesn't like relying on a cleric ability to heal his person. So he uses the cure light wounds abilities regularly.

• IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    "Yay! My character should have his awesome god-given powers in the finale!
    Nay! They suck anyway. Irenicus can have them and rott in hell."

I find the way these choices are formulated a bit of a false dilemma :)
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598

I wouldn't say 'Awesome', but I wouldn't say useless either. I routinely play a Wizard through the series. I am of the mind set that he is something of an atheist. Well, maybe not athiest. he believes in the Gods, he just refuses to worship them. Likewise, he really doesn't like relying on a cleric ability to heal his person. So he uses the cure light wounds abilities regularly.

Anti-theist with other words.

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

When I hear the word bhaalspawn I don't think a few spells that any mediocre priest can cast. I imagine summoning fire from the skies, earthquakes underneath my foes' feet, floods from all directions, unholy lightning from my fingertips, and shooting evil black and red energy beams from the palm of my hand, CRUSHING ANY THAT DARE STAND BEFORE ME. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *Deep breath* O.K. I'm good now. I've calmed down

MAKE YOUR FOES PASS AWAY
    I was wondering where that went! Thank you!
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    @SCARY_WIZARD

No problem.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I always thought that CHARNAME was quite "empty" compared to The Five in ToB. Yes, he/she does have godly stats, but thats thanks to tomes and the machine of Lum in watchers Keep. As I have stated before, the Slayer for is kinda mediocre or just plain weak by that time. I always hated losing my previous powers, so if we could get those back at least, that would be great. Improved versions though would even be better :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Ascension's Improved Slayer/Ravager forms and its high level bhaalspawn powers add a level of awesome power to Charname. Mass Healing or Regeneration, DUHM, Resurrection. Dark Taint is a bit lacklustre, though. I like Hand of Murder, because, well, its called Hand of frickin' Murder.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I always liked getting Vampiric Touch. Super useful for a fresh CHARNAME starting BG2. I'm hoping Ascension will be included in BG2:EE, though, in order to make this a bit of a moot point.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    If not included, I at least hope it gets upgraded to be compatible with BG2:EE.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I dislike them mainly because they just clutter the innate skill menu, of which is already annoying to select skills from.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Mordeus said:

I dislike them mainly because they just clutter the innate skill menu, of which is already annoying to select skills from.

It's the principle of the thing. Every other Bhaalspawn get some kind of cool power, even Imoen gets some cool stuff in ToB, but what does the heir-apparent, with his own pocket plane get? Well, a pocket plane, obviously, but other than that just a lack-luster shape shift ability that makes people hate you whenever you use it. In a word: Bull$%&#.