Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    There may be a high probability of success, but there is still a non-zero probability of failure. Either way, I think the crowd sourcing idea is great for these kinds of creative endeavors.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Certainly true. I just meant, if you funded the kickstarter, you're essentially "buying" the game before you even know what the basic plot is; so you're only buying it for the development team--which for a strong team like Obsidian is generally a pretty good bet, but that's what the trade-off is.
    Right, you're supporting your dream team :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

There may be a high probability of success, but there is still a non-zero probability of failure.

Generally speaking, that's true, but for "Project Eternity" specifically? These are the people who made "Fallout 2", "Planescape: Torment", "Knights of the Old Republic 2" and "Mask of the Betrayer", except that this time they're not working under the publisher-mandated constraints that undermined their previous efforts. Given those parameters (and barring some unforeseen disaster), I'd say success is practically assured.
    @shawne - Hey, I'm as excited as anyone. I loved all these games and expected great things. But I'm just saying that even though the probability of failure is low, it's not zero. I'm sure if I had to I could come up with examples of dream teams that did not end up producing the result everyone expected perhaps for reasons outside their control. I'm just saying, it can happen, but don't let my skepticism rain on your parade!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I would even go so far as to say that the difference isn't so much "good" or "bad", but rather it's "great" or "not as great as you were expecting it to be".
    Right, it's probably better to focus on most likely outcomes rather than on low-probability catastrophes ;)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I think it comes down to having realistic expectations going in: Obsidian tends to falter when it comes to gameplay and design, and make up for it in story and characters. Speaking only for myself, I can live with bugs and glitches if the devs have another Kreia or Nameless One in them.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    On the subject of non-backer Eternity or BG2EE, in my case it's still both.

I just save $1-2 a month somewhere and then when either of them comes out I have the purchase price ready to go in the bank account. It's pretty easy to do, and you have the best of both worlds! =D
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    Went the 45 bucks for 2 games tier for eternity/wastelands 2, then got the torment 2 game also... can't wait for either... back on topic thou of BG EE can't wait for the 2nd one... :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Progress?
    Twitter
    Andrew Foley:
    It appears the Gate has opened once again. Release the Hounds. #DeliberatelyVaguePR #ItsCalledAnNDA #IdTellYouButThenIdHaveToKillYou
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    It appears that BG:EE is back on sale, judging from @Cerevant's link. Trent also tweeted, 'Yay, I think.'

Could the infamous dispute be close to settlement?
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    YES!!!! Everything else then this outcome would be a shame!
    Post edited by Schopenhauer on
    Whoa, dudes, this is awesome!
  • CorpusDelictiCorpusDelicti Member Posts: 45
    YAY!
    Well, now here's a question. Perhaps way to much to hope for, but does this mean that BG2EE will be coming out soon?
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2013
    Phillip Daigle @daigledopple
    #bgee #bg2ee toot
    1 hour ago
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    such short tweets bring such high hopes, but seeing it back in the app store.. *sigh* I'm relieved, can't imagine how all you devs feel. Gratz
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Alright! Now THAT is cool! I really hope the patch will follow soon after!
    And, for the records, good job guys! (Gals too, but my guys include them... You know, generalizing... :) )
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    awesome to hear, i hope everything else can progress smoothly from here on out. its my favorite game ever, cant wait to see whats next.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Bring on zee Android version, my 3 hour commute demands it!

(Grats Overhaul, good to see this outcome).
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    So I dug a huge hole for nothing?? I guess I'll put my shovel back in the basement...
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Dare I say 'yatta' yet? Oh I'll do it anyway: Yatta!
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Cheers to all my fellow forumers for the good news! Does this mean we can soon finally learn what this whole nightmare was all about?
    Announcement pls! :)
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    The only thing that surpasses my astonishment is my pleasure. Hail the conquering heroes! Hail Beamdog!
  • MosesHallMosesHall Member Posts: 28
    @Sniiiimon: let's spell it right: 「やったあああっ!」 (Oh fooey I don't know how to spell it right. Who cares. Let's get nekkid and dance in the streets. We're that much closer to butchering Kangaxx without it taking 30 seconds to reload.)
This discussion has been closed.