Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Wiggles Yay!
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Anduin said:

Woodsman looks into the camera and states "I love the smell of cow in the morning...."

Dude, you can't stop there. Let's go back to the Nashkel scene. This is how it should go:

Woman: Did you remember to wash your face?

Girl: I did now! (laughter)

Man: Have a fine day, dear.

The camera pans over and zooms in on the lead kobold, who turns to face the audience.

Kobold: I love the smell of washed face in the morning...

End
    Hard to stop laughing at this.
    The_New_Romance
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited August 2013
    Not really trying to be an ass about this, but on the more information front and the timeline it will come in, I refer everyone to the S*it storm on the forums when the Devs missed the release date on BG:EE.

"SOON" is about as good as we're going to get.

We all just have to be patient.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Actually... I think "Spoon" is about as good as we are going to get...
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited August 2013
    Illydth said:

Not really trying to be an ass about this, but on the more information front and the timeline it will come in, I refer everyone to the S*it storm on the forums when the Devs missed the release date on BG:EE.

"SOON" is about as good as we're going to get.

We all just have to be patient.

To be honest, I remember that news being handled surprisingly well, considering they announced a delay of over 2 months something like 3 days before the game was supposed to be released.

But yeah you're probably right about the rest. And I have to say, this whole "is it ready?...how about now?...well how much longer?" shtick is getting pretty old. I imagine that if they had anything concrete to announce, no one would be more eager than them to do so.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Thank you kind @Wiggles!

For all those, who are lazy like me and only check the "News" forums, let me just copy what our dear Phillip (May Helm ever protect him!) said in the "BG:EE Back on Sale" thread about the patch release date:

September 21st?

Oh I'm sure we can beat that.

P.S.: Best of luck for your bachelor party Wiggles! ;)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Dee said:

I have it on good authority that the patch will be released before the heat death of the universe.

So, there's that.

Woohoo! Confirmed! Less than 10^100 years until the patch is released! :-)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Dee said:

I have it on good authority that the patch will be released before the heat death of the universe.

So, there's that.

I don't mind waiting for that... Where do I get my immortality potion? :)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @mlnevese

Whinthrop, though that is if you can tolerate him... :P
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    mlnevese said:

Dee said:

So, there's that.

I don't mind waiting for that... Where do I get my immortality potion? :)
    I think by that time 3D RPGs might actually be decent.. Nah! On second thought, isometric will still probably be king.

I'll try to remain somewhat patient for the patch. Could the horses help bring the patch quicker now that they are implemented?

ps. I will be deeply offended if there aren't horses...
    Necdilzor
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    I received the steam version of bgee as a gift from a friend. Should I consider getting the website version so that I will actually get the patch when it is finished? Also, will the multiplayer on the website version work better than the steam version?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

I received the steam version of bgee as a gift from a friend. Should I consider getting the website version so that I will actually get the patch when it is finished? Also, will the multiplayer on the website version work better than the steam version?

Without giving too much away, if you want the patch right when it comes out then you'll want the Beamdog version. Steam's version is updated by Atari, so there's always going to be at least a small delay before Steam users receive updates.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Not to mention there's always some kind of certification process for third party distribution services... I imagine Steam is no different.
  • ermoermo Member Posts: 81
    edited August 2013
    I have it on good authority that the patch will come out on:

*in the voice of the bigg*

"Tuesday."

Cuv
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @ermo

How so? Are you Trent's secret account? O.o
    @Wiggles said:

ermo

How so? Are you Trent's secret account? O.o

Like I said, "Tuesday."

(It's an old BG modder's in-joke.)
    Cuv[Deleted User]Necdilzor
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Information are slow but they keep coming!
    So... It's gonna be before the heat death of the universe, on a tuesday... Hum...
    Well, put it as a formula: release < "heat death of the universe" / 7
    Still a little too much for me however...
    Fredjo
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 81
    ermo said:

I have it on good authority that the patch will come out on:

*in the voice of the bigg*

"Tuesday."

Huzzah!
    Dee said:

It's worth noting that ermo didn't specify which Tuesday.

In any case, you've got a one-in-seven chance of being absolutely right. :)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    Dee said:

Aedan[Deleted User]Hasson
    edited August 2013
    @Dee said:

*tongue in cheek

With Mondays being what they are and Fridays being considered almost a part of the weekend, I figure that I actually have something closer to a one-in-three chance of being absolutely right...
    Post edited by ermo on
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Adul said:

We went from
    "When is the patch coming out?"
    to
    "When will you tell us when the patch is coming out?"
    but we have not yet reached
    "When will you tell us when you will tell us when the patch is coming out?"

So my question is:
    "When will you tell us when you will tell us when you will tell us when the patch is coming out?"

;)

The answer to your question is: "Yes."
    Adul
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited August 2013
    I'll be honest it is a bit frustrating hearing about what the patch contained and the promise of it if Beamdog/Overhaul were allowed to go back to work on BG:EE. To me it gave the impression that after the legal situation was over that it was essentially around the corner. Now that it's over there's nothing really being said on it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Necdilzor
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    I thought they never stopped working on patch so i think it will be ready soon as it was in May. Don't let us wait any longer!
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Okay, yeah, that feeling of euphoria we all got after the legal wrangles seemingly resolved themselves is about to fade so that we can get back to whining about when the next patch will be released. It's nice to see things get back to normal! =P
    Fredjo
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree on this.
    And i should add : a full week has passed since BGEE is back on sales, and we still don't have a SINGLE word on what happened back in June or now.

It's sad to say, but the "rumor" that was on GameBanshee could really be true after all... that would explain why we don't have any explanation from Beamdog, and probably won't ever have for now.

SO yeah we love BG and we also love BGEE. But it would be fair to say we can't really LOVE Beamdog.

And i'm not even speaking of all the guys who're waiting for a simple fix to Firebead's quest (amongst other things) since February...
    HuangLungWandering_Minstrel
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited August 2013
    @Streamhopper: I kind of sort of agree, but then there's the other alternative that they make the date public, commit themselves to it, and then when the date arrives they release an incomplete patch. Like what happened last time.

At this point I'm willing to trade knowing the date for getting a properly developed and tested patch.

Edit: that said, I still don't understand why they can't release hotfixes for very blatant and very easy-to-fix issues like Firebead's quest or the grinding noise in East-Baldur's Gate.
    Wandering_Minstrellolien
This discussion has been closed.