Skip to content

Swaziland (in Southern Africa) institutes new law against high flying witches.

georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
edited June 2013 in Off-Topic
Crazy I know, here is the news article:

EDIT: Figured out how to embed a picture ;)

EDIT2: Included a link to a reputable news site (the CNN of South Africa) carrying the story as well so as to make any sense to anybody reading this post :)

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Swazi-broomstick-flying-witches-to-fly-low-20130515

Post edited by georgelappies on

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    You reminds me of how strange this world.
    Thanks a lot.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Aren't they maybe mistaking airplanes for 'high flying witches'? Not questioning anybody's IQ here tho...
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Wasn't Swaziland also the country where a rapist escaped the police because he turned into a babboon and ran away?

/google

No wait, that was Zimbabwe.

http://www.zimdiaspora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10299:zimbabwe-rapist-turns-into-baboon-police-flee&catid=38:travel-tips&Itemid=18

Fun stuff.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited June 2013
    mlnevese said:

Those high flying witches were a menace I say... About time someone did something about them! :)

Couldn't agree more. Nothing is more annoying than waking up in my 1000 feet tall tree house and having to swat a swarm of high flying witches on the kitchen window first thing.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    good thing their legislators aren't concerned about things like running water, food, medicine, infrastructure and roads. It's the high flying witches that are the problem!
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    From what I'm seeing lately in the news, I think every country should start being wary of high flying witches. They're really starting to get out of hand.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Oh, dear... another place Aerie's banned from. Honestly, when she just has a little bit to drink...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317

good thing their legislators aren't concerned about things like running water, food, medicine, infrastructure and roads. It's the high flying witches that are the problem!

Pff...just because they have the highest infection rate of HIV anywhere (26% of their adult population has HIV) (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2155rank.html) doesn't mean they shouldn't be wasting resources hunting witches. No wait it probably does mean they have much bigger (and real) problems :(

• georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Makes on think of Monty Python's Holy Grail doesn't ...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Hah! High flying witches. A likely story.
    They'd probably just collide with the glass ceiling
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Well, to be fair, we had a similar law like this 400 years ago and witches are hardly a problem anymore. So I guess it works!
    One could make a point about the fear of high flying witches being similar to the fear of the Terrorist! card that is played out here in the states.

Swaziland could justify tapping phones and the Internet in order to subvert high flying witch plots. Dozens of plots have been thwarted!
    I call discrimination on the high flying witches' part. They also need their occassional trip in the sky, y'know. Freedom and stuff.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    That reminds me of Harry Potter.
    @Djimmy: Shhhh! Next you'll give them ideas to make a law against flying cars and dragons! Where be the freedom at, man? D;
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The last comments by @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud are starting to make me think she may be a high flying witch in disguise... ;)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    mlnevese said:

The last comments by @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud are starting to make me think she may be a high flying witch in disguise... ;)

Didn't you know that every witch has a cat? And they fly with them everywhere, especially clouds. Or maybe she is a nyan cat and we all know they can fly. But keep it quiet here. You never know where "witch police" is hiding.

mlnevese said:

She's a witch! BURN HER!
    I ain't no witch. I'm cat flying on a puff of air. There's a slight difference there. :o
    Well, witches turn into cats sometimes, I think... Look, the pyres built already so we've gotta burn someone.
    We need to weigh the cat to see if it weighs the same as a duck to prove she's made of wood and therefore a witch!
    B-but...Look at me...I'm adorable! *points at avatar with huge, cutesy kitty eyes*
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Someone hand me a duck. Shouldn't take long to see if she's really a witch.
    edited June 2013
    There was a duck in a thread over there. I'll go fetch it...
    B-b-but that's unfair! What if I just ate and weigh a few grams more than the duck does? I call discrimination. *pouts*
    Look it's this simple

If a person weighs as much as a duck, she is made of wood and therefore...
    B-but what if the duck is a spy from the FBI? Of course I got nothing to hide, but those ducks always seem to have a chip on their shoulder...And it's not like ducks are friendly with cats, as they're their natural enemy. This case is far too subjective. Objection!
  • TheseekingseerTheseekingseer Member Posts: 3
    WOW! Is this for real?
    edited June 2013
    @Theseekingseer The high flying witches news is real. If @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud is a witch is still being discussed...
    Post edited by mlnevese on