Skip to content

Old game series you'd want to see back

2»

Comments

• Dale_DDale_D Member Posts: 6
    1. X-Wing
    2. Tie Fighter
    3. X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
    4. Neverwinter Nights, 1 & 2 (updated with a Mac version that will run on Intel).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    For the person pining after a new Hexen, there's a game called Hellraid in production that is described as a spiritual successor to the Hexen series.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    deltago said:

Descent

This.
    Dale_D said:

1. X-Wing
    2. Tie Fighter
    3. X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter

Came to the thread for the explicit reason of posting Tie Fighter.

Going even further back, Mail Order Monsters for the old C64 would be awesome on a modern platform.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I know there are fan mods that greatly improve the graphics of the Freespace 1 and 2, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new/reboot of a freespace game.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    The Gold Box series from SSI - Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Pools of Darkness, etc. I had a lot of fun with those venerable old RPGs.

I'd also like to see something along the lines of the Buck Rogers series that made use of the Gold Box engine. Not enough fun sci-fi rpg goodness out there.

Some other obscure RPG titles like Questron, Shard of Spring, etc. would be nice to see also.

I'll throw in Airborne Ranger too. I spent a lot of time crawling through ditches and blasting guards on my C64. Good times.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436

4) Master of Orion

Hm. MOO was pretty cool. However, check out Galactic civilisations first, which looks like a fair upgrade to MOO.

Galactic civilisations 1
    Galactic civilisations 2

If stardock couldn't buy the MOO franchise, why would beamdog be able to? Atari probably hold it.

Yes I realize linking to steam is in shockingly bad taste :p
    elminster said:

Good news is at least its looking like Homeworld 1 and 2 could be released again

Homeworld was cool, just replayed both through again recently. Activision/Blizzard probably hold it.

Betrayal at Krondor !

That would be cool. Also probably Activision/Blizzard.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013

elminster said:

Good news is at least its looking like Homeworld 1 and 2 could be released again

Homeworld was cool, just replayed both through again recently. Activision/Blizzard probably hold it.

I'm not sure why you'd think that Blizzard/Activision hold it, but in any case Gearbox is the currently holder of the Homeworld IP.

With that in mind cool news (that people might have missed).

There is a new game set in the Homeworld universe coming out. Its called Homeworld: Shipbreakers (used to be called Hardware: Shipbreakers before they entered into an agreement with Gearbox).

Also from my understanding while they have the original files for Homeworld 1 and Homeworld 2, they have lost those same files for Cataclysm. So thats the reason it won't be getting a remake. Homeworld 1 and 2 are getting an HD remake though.

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    not that old, but another vampire the masquerade game.
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    I would like a new Mech Commander.

I loved the original, second one wasn't too shabby.

I remember how the intro of the game made a huge impact and looked super realistic at the time. Also the use of ingame pictures and short video clips of pilot responses gave the game a nice 'real' feeling.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    For years I was saying I wish From Software would make a new Kings Field to put Bethesda
    (elder scrolls) out of business as its been down hill since Morrowind; but not limited to TES all of Bethesda titles have degraded or been total crap since then. From Software puts so much effort into their games they spin straw into gold and think if they took a shot at a first person sand boxish rpg would blow Bethesda out of the water. I can't complain to much though their time with dark souls is very very well spent.
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    Ogre Battle. Chrono Trigger.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    well something so open as elder scrolls is hard to perfect. i agree i didn't enjoy skyrim as much as other titles, but i generally like the titles. i play them when i want openness, i play baldur's gate when i want story.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    baldurs gate!.....oh wait :D

i think they should bring diablo back PROPERLY (D3 doesnt count for MANY reasons, most of them being the fact D3 gets its story wrong)

i'd like golden axe to come back i played them to death to the point where i can play it full and kill super death adder while losing only 3 health bars