Skip to content

Old game series you'd want to see back

KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
Anyone else here have any old game series that haven't been touched by developers for years that you would like to see a sequal, reboot or anything to?

Personally I would like to see two things made... Hexen 3 and a proper sequal to One Must Fall 2097...

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    A good, non-3D, Heroes of Might and Magic. Also a good Might and Magic game. Mandate of Heaven was amazing while For Blood and Honor was okay.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    One Must Fall... isn't that like, a giant robot cage fighting game? Maaaaan, I remember playing that when I was like, 9 years old o_O

I dunno about any series I'd want to see brought back.... I just don't think any good could come of it haha... I'm still trying to pretend that Thief 4 doesn't exist >_>
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2013
    Hmmmm... Wing Commander and an Elite remake would be welcome. And before someone mentions it, I know the Elite kickstarter was a succes but I really don't enjoy massive multiplayer games and it looks like Elite is going that way.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Alpha centurai
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Descent
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Lost Dutchman Mine - Taught me how to play poker.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    One Must Fall and Alpha Centauri, good choices both.

I've been eagerly awaiting Dungeon Keeper 3 myself for about 14 years now.
    Thankfully, someone else had that idea and is making War for the Underworld (https://wftogame.com/) which looks to be a modern clone. I hope that goes well.

Other than that; a modern remake of Star Wars: Rebellion. That was so awesome.
    Also wouldn't mind a new vampire: the masquerade game
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,551
    Might and Magic, from VI to VIII.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited June 2013
    Homeworld

Homeworld : Cataclysm (I probably played like 700 hours of this as a kid)

Homeworld 2

New Homeworld.

Good news is at least its looking like Homeworld 1 and 2 could be released again thanks to THQ's bankruptcy. Just updated for modern machines.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    This.
    ajwz said:

Also wouldn't mind a new vampire: the masquerade game

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    An modern Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura successor hands down. Hell, even only an Arcanum:HD EE would be more than suffice!
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Arcanum with better combat mechanics! I would really like to play that game, but I just couldn't bear the combat.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Probably won't make any friends with this:

1) Knights of the Old Republic (don't say TOR is this)
    2) Castles. Games nowadays add complexity upon complexity, which is not what I want
    3) SimAnt - not really a series, though
    4) Master of Orion
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I'll be the one to say it. Half-Life 2.
    Didn't enjoy HL2 :( Was a major let down after the original half life
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Can't think of anything besides KOTOR and NWN, really.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited June 2013
    Come to think of it, more Chtuhlu Mythos games surely wouldn't hurt either. I still remember the countless, fond nights when I literally *devoured* Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the World! Now it's completly outdated and won't even run on my nvidia graphic card at all. ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Shenmue. It's been nearly fourteen years and I still dream of playing the final chapters.

Come to think of it, more Chtuhlu Mythos games surely wouldn't hurt either. I still remember the countless, fond nights when I literally *devoured* Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the World! Now it's completly outdated and won't even run on my nvidia graphic card at all. ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI

That was umm...interesting :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Probably won't make any friends with this:

1) Knights of the Old Republic (don't say TOR is this)
    2) Castles. Games nowadays add complexity upon complexity, which is not what I want
    3) SimAnt - not really a series, though
    4) Master of Orion

Ahhh Castles. I spent hours playing that in my Amiga 500 back in the day :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

4) Master of Orion

This!

Also Heroes of Might and Magic.

• MadmartiganMadmartigan Member Posts: 18
    Betrayal at Krondor !
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I'd like to see an Enhanced Edition of the old Lord British Ultima 7 series, The Black Gate and Serpent Isle, for the sake of nostalgia. That was the first game that started to offer the feel of traveling with a party in the way BG does today. The world was amazingly diverse, open and large for the day, and almost everything in it was interactive.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    Ultima Underworld and Age of Empires

Ultima Underworld and Age of Empires

At least they put Age of Empires 2 on steam. The graphical mods on there can make the game look pretty good, at least given its age.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Wow, there are graphics mods for AoE 2?
    edited July 2013
    Illustair said:

Wow, there are graphics mods for AoE 2?

Yea but you need to own it on steam otherwise you'd probably have to contact the creators to get them to work.

I also can't say the state of their multiplayer at the moment or how these mods interact with it (they shouldn't but some might). They got rid of LAN in this version which kind of sucks.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Little Big Adventure, anyone?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The first thing I thought when I saw this was Might and Magic, but several people already mentioned it.

I think Ubisoft still holds the rights, and they seem to have destroyed the franchise beyond all hope of resurrection with HOMM VI, unless a third developer comes along and is able to buy the rights from them.