Skip to content

Favourite divine spellcaster - BGEE

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Who is your favourite divine spellcaster? (It could be for their spell casting abilities, or for other reasons of course).

I've included Minsc and Kivan because technically they get 1 spell at level 8.
  1. Favourite divine spellcaster - BGEE101 votes
    1. Yeslick
      15.84%
    2. Quayle
        2.97%
    3. Jaheira
      13.86%
    4. Faldorn
        0.99%
    5. Branwen
      17.82%
    6. Tiax
        4.95%
    7. Viconia
      34.65%
    8. Minsc
        0.99%
    9. Kivan
        0.99%
    10. Other
        6.93%

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Viconia's been a spectacular asset to my party every time I've included her - and with her Magic Resistance tweaked to only work on hostile magic, she's even more efficient.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    No love for vile spellcasting? Dorn's glass heart is now surely broken. :(
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

No love for vile spellcasting? Dorn's glass heart is now surely broken. :(

Dorn can use his innate abilities in BGEE, but he can't actually cast any divine spells until level 9 (300,000 XP).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Quayle, for great Cleric/Illusionist badassery.
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    I like Viconia and Brawen both, but Viconia is sexier and I prefer evil
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Tiax! All time favorite BG NPC.. Oh and he is a gnome (and a nutcase). Also enjoy his summon Ghast ability.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    By Valkur's strapping buttocks!

Branwen is pretty much the ultimate Cleric for me both in her use and visuals. I always bring her along.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    After spending almost a year on these forums, I was quite sure Viconia would be the winner, and I bet I'm not alone :D
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Fredjo - no you're not :-)
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    Xzar dualed to cleric at level 5.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Branwen, she's a STONE cold fox. /RoboCop'd
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    I like Yeslik the best, but he's available so late I often make do with Jaheira or Branwin.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My character when i make him a divine spellcaster rocks :)!
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I always loved Branwen. She seemed the complete cleric, and tank and I often replaced Jaheira with her. Great looking doll (pun intended). But then Viconia slowly stole my heart. First, I love the exotic mysterious drow characters, with their deep fantasy atmosphere. There's a tradeoff with her weak CON and fewer HP's but she can still tank if necessary in the middle game. But then, the Magic Resistance sealed the bargain for me. Resist the enemy mage's first onslaught on the party and then still be standing to cast Dispel Magic and be seductively mysterious at the same time. I'll take some of that.
    Divine spellcasters are quite easy to like.
    Viconia is great. I've played with Branwen too - and liked it. Xzar is funny and powerful. Even Jaheira, Faldorn and Yeslick are cool...except they tend to be boring (for me). Tiax...is...okay...

Now try the same love with Arcane spellcasters...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    The fetishist dream.
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32
    That being said her magic resistance was also resisting healing potions at some point in time. That was... problematic.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    bengoshi said:

My favourite is Xzar (dual-classed at level 6). Cleric/Necromancer combo is very tasty!

I mean, a summoning machine, he becomes the best divine spellcaster in BG1.

He has a very detailed personality and is so hilarious, especially with his buddy Monty.

He can become even better than Quayle in terms of the number of spells per day, he has a good STR to carry some stuff, his DEX is rather high also and... he's Death, destroyer of worlds!

The only downside is some time that is needed to regain his Necromancer abilities but with his stats and DUHM he can easily survive this timeout.

This. All of this.
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84

The fetishist dream.

Yep... naughty, sweet, black.
    Urd1en said:

The fetishist dream.

Yep... naughty, sweet, black.
    ...evil, twisted, xenophobic and sexy.
    (okay, as it was mentioned, the "evil" part is very questionable and "netural" would fit her much better)
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    I love Branawen. Something cool about some Viking chic being rescued from petrification to work with you. An she works well for my party setups
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Branwen. Other than being an buff-slinging, ultra tank that doesn't need more protection spells than a particularly flimsy kobold to be a beast in the front lines, I've just never been into the whole drow dominatrix thing.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Atian said:

That being said her magic resistance was also resisting healing potions at some point in time. That was... problematic.

Does that still happen?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    elminster said:

Atian said:

Does that still happen?
    Uuughgghh wow I hated that, too. :/ "HI I'M BLOODING ALL OVER :D!" "i heal u" "SORRY - Huweeck! *drop dead*" "Daughter of a...".