Skip to content

The (unfortunate, inexplicable) death of Khalid

GeldridgeGeldridge Member Posts: 21
Hey guys,

Given the general feelings of hostility/rage/murderous apathy towards Jaheira's other half, I thought I might start a thread about creative ways that people have used that have resulted in the death of the mighty warrior Khalid...

My personal favourite was to send Khalid on a naked midnight tombstone-reading mission in Nashkel

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    ahh great :-) little credit here!!!

I found khalid very useful as a human shield, too bad I didnt have enough money to resurrect him :)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2012
    Khalid was there, naked. Jaheira started hitting him with a staff. At first lightly, it was meant like a joke. Then the tragic accident occurred. Tried to help him, we did, but twas to late, for his little under-stat heart had stopped beating, and the racist dwarven cleric wouldn't want to raise him from the grounds.

Oh brave sir Khalid, sir Khalid, sir Khalid, Garick will sing tales of your infortune !
    I will add one on Trent behalf:

I've recruited Khalid and Jaheira many times. She always sound so upset when Khalid fails to return from a naked solo scouting mission

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I sent Khalid to distract the Deathknights while the rest of us ran by in the maze... he TOLD me he could take them! Who was I to argue
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Once he tried to wrestle with a bear. He was such a nature lover, oh yeah he was.

Another time, he got a kiss from a superb creature near the coastline. He couldn't resist. Was she a siren or a succubus ? Khalid never knew, for his soul departed beautifully with her lips while Jaheira started to insult him.

He saw some slimes in Nashkel's mine, and thought it was some yummy pudding. It did taste bitter. Xan enthusiastically commented that the group seemed doomed to fail.

And... that's all Garrick have to tell as far as my plays are concerned ;)
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    C-click on someone y-your own s-size!
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I'm no cruel party leader. Khalid usually just dies trying to do the honorable thing. Is it my fault when he gets turned to dust by lightning bolt? Not my fault! ....I do my best to console Jaheira. ;)
  • La_VoixLa_Voix Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 772
    Oh, come on, you guys are wicked ! Khalid is the nicest man ever. He always volunteers to trigger the traps in the dungeons we visit so that we don't get hurt.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I left him in the tavern in Nashkel to secure my rear while I travelled north. I guess leaving him there in company of Jaheira, Bicker Queen of Tethyr was as worse a fate as anyone could have conceived.

No, really. I always liked him better then Jaheira. He might be less useful, but given a bow and assorted archer staff turns him into a capable enough foe-piercing machine. One which isn't that annoying.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited July 2012
    I always liked Khalid as well. Stats doesn't matter so much for party members to me, and the stuttering coward is totally the coolest fighter on the Sword Coast. Minsc is a ranger, so he doesn't count.

edit: stupid autocorrect
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I usually kill Jaheira in the most ridiculously awesome way possible. That said! *runs away from topic*

Much love to Khalid, much hate to Jaheira :p
  • GeldridgeGeldridge Member Posts: 21
    I had a friend who would roleplay a domestic between K and J and then equip them in their best gear and have them battle it out. Whoever was left would stay with the party and be rewarded with the Helm of Balduran (when he found it!)
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    To be honest iam not a big fan of khalid or jaheira. khalid was clearly jaheiras bitch. And jahiera was clearly confused about her gender lol
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    I actually don't kill him. I just have him quit the party in a secluded room (often a tent at the carnival), so he can't reach me to drag off Jaheira.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @Idanielholm
    i would never think to do that. does it really work lol
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    IMO Mustard Slimed is the most humane way to put him down. ;)
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    how about polymorphing him into a hamster using the wand of polymorphing, then sneaking up on Minsc at night while he's sleeping, carefully replacing the hamsterified Khalid with Boo? A fate worse than death I daresay... especially since we all know where Minsc hides Boo at the beginning of Bg2! *villainous laughter*
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    Leave him on the second floor of the Friendly Arm Inn. "He said he'd catch up with us later, Jaheira. Really."
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,422
    You could also simply overload him, so he couldn't move around. Then if you kick him from the party, he won't be walking up to you and talk to you, so Jaheira wouldn't leave the party either.
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    OMG you guys so mean , what did khalid ever done to you , apart from his distracting stutering and shitty stat? I never killed him I just left him usually at nashkel fair in the gambling tent . I did finish the game a few time with him . He seem ok just a bit wwierd when minsc became the melee fighter and khalid became the range ranger .
  • levelwormlevelworm Member Posts: 41
    Khalid is one of my fav NPC, with his "ahem...yes?"
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 379
    Why doesn't anyone like Khalid?

Why doesn't anyone like Khalid?

I guess he is one of those NPC's we all love to hate...

oh and he is useless....

and a coward :)

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I love Khalid, I just hated his stats. Remember boosting him up a bit just to keep him useful.

I have accidentely killed him off a few times though ;-)
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Accidently ? After joining this furom for 2 weeks I kno you guys and poor khalid
    edited July 2012
    I so love him that I made a stone statue in his figure! ( basiliks are useful creatures.. ) :-)