Skip to content

Grand Theft Auto V

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Just saw the gameplay trailer. I think it looks pretty cool. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Looks cool, Played GTA, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City. Rockstar produce great games.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I saw the trailer a couple days ago. There was one bit where it mentioned that the player would have to engage in increasingly audacious heists. I am hoping for something a little more than heists and watching your characters go about their daily lives. Something that doesn't involve a heist would be nice. Heists being the primary objective for every mission sounds rather dull, so hopefully that won't be the case. Since you can customise vehicles, that implies that there might at least be a racing mission somewhere along the line.

It certainly seems to deviate from the typical GTA standard, although I am hoping it doesn't deviate too much. Not sure what to make of it yet. Needs more footage of proper gameplay, not just a few key points. The trailer only gives the smallest amount of information. A teaser.

Plus, they haven't said anything official about a PC version - so assuming there will be one, it will probably be the typical five to six months after console release. I'll watch some footage on YouTube when it first comes out for console and decide on whether I'll get the potential PC version if it comes out.

And the multiplayer... eh, so long as they don't start making the GTA franchise into an MMO of some sort, I think I'll be happy enough with it.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Last GTA game I played was Vice City, which I enjoyed immensely.
    Might give this one a whirl, looks good. And few things are nicer than reclining on a sofa, controller in hand, drink nearby, while beating up prostitutes with a baseball bat to get my money back.

Ahhh GTA.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    If Rock Star made an RPG...

lol grand theft Warhorse?

Think about THAT for a few moments.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited July 2013
    Frankly, I have little interest in GTA V, but I think the more I know about various things, including things from game industry, the better. So I have watched the trailer. It sound all well and good, maybe expect for controlling three different people, since I can't imagine how it would work with this game.

Also, I'm not really fan of big, open world, because what irritates me in gaming industry now, is tendecy to creation of games with massive open words that you have no motivation to explore.

I'm convinced, however, that fans of the franchise will be pleased by GTA V. Will I buy it? Probably no. I have other plans, regarding future games and the less money I spare, the better. You know, my PC won't upgrade itself just to handle The Witcher III. Besides, there, in fact, are some fancy games I would like to buy.

EDIT: Logical error.
    Post edited by O_Bruce on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of specs, I'm assuming the game requirements if/when GTA V does get ported to the PC will be reasonable. Given that it was made for the 360 and ps3.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Will play it. Probably wait to get in in a steam sale though.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    elminster said:

Speaking of specs, I'm assuming the game requirements if/when GTA V does get ported to the PC will be reasonable. Given that it was made for the 360 and ps3.

I have no idea, but I can speak from experience when I say that I have tried playing GTA4 with an ATI Radeon HD4870X2 and a Q6600, and it was choppy. I've also tried with a pair of GTX 480s and it was also choppy. I have also tried it with an nVidia GTX690, and it plays well on maximum settings. It was a bad port that was made better by several patches (I think there was 11 patches in total (some were only title updates that only fixed an issue or two), but I can't remember now how many there were exactly).

There are rumours that GTA5 may also be re-released for the next-gen consoles and potentially PC at a later date. So it could require a decent rig or a superb rig, it really depends on the quality of the port. Assuming that there will be a port at all.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Troodon80 said:

elminster said:

I have no idea, but I can speak from experience when I say that I have tried playing GTA4 with an ATI Radeon HD4870X2 and a Q6600, and it was choppy. I've also tried with a pair of GTX 480s and it was also choppy. I have also tried it with an nVidia GTX690, and it plays well on maximum settings. It was a bad port that was made better by several patches (I think there was 11 patches in total (some were only title updates that only fixed an issue or two), but I can't remember now how many there were exactly).

There are rumours that GTA5 may also be re-released for the next-gen consoles and potentially PC at a later date. So it could require a decent rig or a superb rig, it really depends on the quality of the port. Assuming that there will be a port at all.
    Yea I agree GTA 4 was a crappy port. I hope that if they do make it for PC they do a better job this time.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Grand Theft Baldur's GATE!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'm certainly looking forward to this one. I rarely go for collectors editions, but in this case I caved in. I didn't fancy waiting a year to 'maybe' get my hands on some of the nice exclusive incentives which was the case with RDR's various DLC like the war horse etc. I don't tend to give in to buying collector's editions or putting money down for pre-order exclusives, but I guess when it comes to some of my favourite series I'm willing to bite the bullet on that one. lol
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2013
    I might buy it when the GOTY Edition comes out at a huge discount. That's how I bought GTA4. I got bored of it before finishing the game though.

I like Rockstar's other games more, Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire. I'm looking forward to Whore of the Orient.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Let's see if the PC port sucks again...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'm not sure, but isn't Whore of the Orient still looking for a publisher? I'm not aware if Rockstar were attached to that at all. I think with the trouble Rockstar had with LA Noire and the guy behind it they seemed glad to see the back of McNamara.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    RedGuard said:

I'm not sure, but isn't Whore of the Orient still looking for a publisher? I'm not aware if Rockstar were attached to that at all. I think with the trouble Rockstar had with LA Noire and the guy behind it they seemed glad to see the back of McNamara.

You're right, I was mistaken. Team Bondi recently found a new publisher for the game, but it's not Rockstar, it's a company called KMM Games.