Skip to content

How far am I in the game?

I've put in about 45 hours, doing most of the side quests, and I just got to Baldur's Gate. About how many hours or percentage do I have left?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well, a rough estimate for how much you have done would be, hmm, maybe 60-80% depending on how many of the side quests you have actually done. If you have explored like 90-100% of the side areas and done Durlag's tower then it would be closer to 80% of the game done; take away D's tower from the done list and you have about 70-75% done. If you have done like 75% of the side areas and not D's tower then probably about 60% of the game done.

It is hard to be precise on how much you actually did without more details. Like maybe take a screenshot or two of your world map and then I could probably narrow it down more.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I would have guessed more like at least 50% (maybe even more) remaining of the main game not counting TotSC content, once you reach the city. At least I always seem to spend more time on the BG-and-after part of the game than I do getting there, mostly because there's so much to do in the city.. especially for people with the compulsion to explore each and every house.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    If are just entering Baldur's Gate for the first time, I'd be a bit surprised if you have done Durlag's Tower. Either way, you got a long way to go... In my playthrough, before I reached Baldur's Gate, I thought, 'okay, this game is big, but not SO big, only the big city to go!' ... Then I got there and realised just how big the city was, and just how much there is to do there. Also without giving you spoilers, there will be further quests away from the city as well.

Your charname's xp is a reasonable estimate of progression. I reached 180k xp (after removing xp cap) with a full 6-man party after doing most of the quests. That said, the TotSC quests do give you significantly more xp than the core quests in Baldur's Gate.

So... assuming you haven't done much of Durlag's Tower or any other Ulgoth's Beard quests, and just entered Baldur's Gate for the first time, I'd estimate you are 50% into the game.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    i would say you did 3 big things
    now you have to do 4 big things you are below 50%
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited July 2013
    Well... In theory you could complete the game quite soon... But in reality you will need to check every container for gold pieces... Will reload a number of times to see if you can kill that monster using that new spell you picked up... Will accidentally revisit portions of the map you have been to before... Lose an hour trying to figure out where you have to go next to finish a quest... Spend six hours or more at least just reading journal and item entries... So... I reckon... You are 4 days away from completing the game... But you will possibly need to spread those (4x24h=) 96 hours over a period of weeks so 2 hrs a night lets me imagine that you will complete it in 48 days time... So by September 4th you will see the end cinematic... Let me know if I was close :)