Skip to content

124»

Comments

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I think I listed druid simply because I've never brought one along in any form for any length of time in BG, BG2, IWD or IWD2. At least the bard I recently completed BGEE with and am about to play through it again.

That said it appears like I'm trying to push my boundaries some. I just made a topic about running a druid using every new NPC in both games.
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Funnily enough, this thread makes me feel like playing a druid. I've made only one druid through my several gameplays... and making a quick lvl31 druid showed me how strong they could be, they probably have the best summons in the game, insect spells are amazing (Free aoe damage, 100% spell interrupt, chance to fear, not abi-dalzim but not far from it either) they have stoneskin.

Shapeshifts are somewhat decent alternatives when you need an additional fighter and not additional spells (Earth ele HLA is especially great, high damage, great thaco, im just surprised it doesnt improve your health, i thought 24HD meant 24hp per level? Jaheira sticks to her 106hp which is kinda weaksauce.. but i guess you have ironskins.

Talking of jaheira, its pretty hilarious to do greater whirlwind in earth elemental form. She hits for 10-28 with absolutely no magical gear. I always thought fighter druid was a wussy combo, but that kinda makes up for it. Just wish druids could cast spells in shapeshift forms, and that shapeshifts would scale better with levels and gear.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I couldn't find the grizzly bear option, so I picked Druid. I've never played a grizzly bear before.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    WUTS!? Now everyone is commenting HEREZ, in thread I'd necroed cuz' I made a mistake? Oh, Baator be damned and burned!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Wow.. just found out that the earth elemental prince youn can summon as a druid has a dispel on attack and stoneskin, thats pretty boss, who needs carsomyr now.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I think I've only played fighter, ranger, thief (dual or multi), mage (dual or multi) and cleric (multi) so others are my least played classes obviously.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    Definitely thief. If you don't meta-cheese with traps and backstab they're utterly useless crap. If you do, they completely ruin otherwise interesting battles. What's so interesting about trapping a dragon or stabbing the most powerful enemy in a battle (mage) before he can do anything?

Oh, and their stronghold is boring?

*puts on helmet of flame protection*
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

Specifically fighter, i like barbarian. fighter is just too boring as they have no abilities, barbarians get rage, clerics get spells rangers get stealth etc everyone has some form of ability, the fighter just.....exists

Bhaalspawn abilities don't count as every class gets them

Straight fighters are *supposed* to be the only class that can get five pips in a weapon. I wish they'd fix that, because without that being true, there really is no reason to pick a straight fighter over a fighter kit, paladin kit, ranger, or barbarian.

Actually, this whole problem comes up with the implementation of all kits for all classes. There's not enough incentive to just play the straight class instead of taking a kit. Kits are supposed to come with some major, significant disadvantages, such that the decision to take a kit over the regular class is a difficult one.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    Hate to pile on the monks..

I played one in real life D&D once and had a blast. Not sure why it doesn't transfer to BG -- at least for me, and the other voters I guess lol.

Would love to dual a monk with a mage, but of course that's a no-no.