Skip to content

G3 Announces IWDification; Beta 3 Available

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited August 2013
    @Camdawg,

I just picked up IWD1 during this past weekend's GOG sale, and was popping over to G3 to download IWD Fixes, Tweaks, and UB. I noticed that new versions of Fixes & Tweaks were just released. Is an update to UB also imminent?

Thanks, and awesome work!

PS - Loving IWDification for BGEE (Imoen found her true calling as a bard, fascinating enemies with her taunts that they're all buffleheaded and then "thwack" a crossbow bolt between the eyes ;-) )
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

@Camdawg,

I just picked up IWD1 during this past weekend's GOG sale, and was popping over to G3 to download IWD Fixes, Tweaks, and UB. I noticed that new versions of Fixes & Tweaks were just released. Is an update to UB also imminent?

Thanks, and awesome work!

PS - Loving IWDification for BGEE (Imoen found her true calling as a bard, fascinating enemies with her taunts that they're all buffleheaded and then "thwack" a crossbow bolt between the eyes ;-) )

A UB update is pending, yes. I found a lot more unused items that are going into the Item Restorations component, and I've got half the dialogue I need for a new expanded Contact Other Plane component (by default COP doesn't have any dialogue for the HoW or TotL story lines).
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I looked into something based on IWDinBG, putting Trials of the Luremaster or/and Heart of Winter into Baldur's Gate as standalone mini adventures. The problem is the area names are the same for some of those areas as the ones in Baldur's Gate so there were conflicts and I didn't know enough to modify the scripts to make them unique area names.
    @Camdawg - Awesome! Can't wait to try it out!
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Hey @CamDawg, I don't have a G3 account so I thought I would ask here: if you use Erephine's enhanced spell casting graphics (i.e. improved alpha blend), does the IWD casting graphics component take advantage of the improved alpha blending?
    agris said:

Hey @CamDawg, I don't have a G3 account so I thought I would ask here: if you use Erephine's enhanced spell casting graphics (i.e. improved alpha blend), does the IWD casting graphics component take advantage of the improved alpha blending?

Casting graphics (the bits that swirl around the caster as they chant) are universal, so the spells will use whatever is installed. The actual projectiles and other effects (clouds from cloudburst, the stones from spike stones, etc.) are using their original IWD graphics, so no alpha-blending.

And since I never responded upthread @spaceinvader - the sorcerer selection window is a GUI issue, which should be addressed by future patches for EE. On vBG2 you have to use TobEx to enable scrolling.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    CamDawg said:

lunar said:

Illustair said:

Can I use this on iPad without jailbreaking the device? Like dropping it on the portraits folder as I've read on other threads for some other mods

Spell descriptions and new scroll descriptions will be either empty or wonky, since you can't edit dialog.tlk on Ipad without jailbreak. The spells should be usable, but any new text, new spell name, new description added, will be wrong and weird.
    Actually, they probably wouldn't even be usable--a lot of the spells and scrolls need processing (assignment of projectiles and whatnot) so you can't even just drop in the files.
    Can the mod be installed on pc, then by copying all the files in the override folder of pc into Ipad's portraits folder? It may work since I'll be putting processed files. It works on scs mod. Unfourtunately I still couldn't find a way to change dialog.tlk on Ipad without a jailbreak, so it is all moot. :-)

Beta 3 is out to fix one facepalm bug. I had incorrect assignments for Cure Moderate Wounds, so it would crash the game if you tried to memorize it.
    lunar said:

Can the mod be installed on pc, then by copying all the files in the override folder of pc into Ipad's portraits folder? It may work since I'll be putting processed files. It works on scs mod. Unfourtunately I still couldn't find a way to change dialog.tlk on Ipad without a jailbreak, so it is all moot. :-)

That would work but yeah, the strings for the new spells wouldn't be present because of the tlk issue.
  • NicholsNichols Member Posts: 16
    I'm trying to install on mac and I'm getting a permission denied error. I have read/write privileges and I'm on administrator. Any ideas?
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    CamDawg said:

Any chance of adding "Mordenkainen's Force Missiles"? It's included in the "Lost Crossroads Spell Pack" by Galactygon, which unfortunately isn't compatible with BG:EE... yet.

The goal is simply to get the IWD spells into the BG/BG2 games, not necessarily make new ones.
    @CamDawg Mordenkainen's Force Missiles IS an IWD spell and can be obtained from:
    1. Orrick's Study, Kuldahar, Chapter 4
    2. Edion Caradoc, tower southwest of Burial Isle, Heart of Winter

Purely out of curiosity, have you actually tried the Spell Pack with BG:EE? If you tried it and it didn't work, could you be more specific as to what happened exactly?

IIRC, @Galactygon once said he built the mod with as few assumptions on the engine as possible, and as a consequence it should have been mostly—if not entirely—compatible with BG:EE.

@AndreaColombo I haven't tried it myself, but I got it from one of @Galactygon's post over at blackwyrmlair.

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5030
    "This confirms incompatibility with BG:EE. I have made assumptions on hardcoded ingame strings that have been changed in BG:EE."
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    is this an update to 3rd edition, in short?

is this an upgdate to 3rd edition, in short?

No. IWD1 is also based on 2nd edition rules. This mod adds spells and new bard songs introduced in IWD1. IWD2 was based on 3E rules.
    aaah my bad!
  • MeanbunnyMeanbunny Member Posts: 107
    As a huge fan of IWD and a huge proponent of two handed axes as well as other missing weapons in the game, I really want to thank you @CamDawg and your team of modders and developers who put your heart and souls into this amazing game. You guys have been making it better ever since G3 was born. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Does this work for BG2EE or no? If it does that would be awesome
    I wonder, with IWD EE coming, is this going to be updated too?
  • LillyhimeLillyhime Member Posts: 36
    Er.. I would love to install this, cause of the bard song part.. But I'm having trouble. I have no idea what it wants me to do when it asks for me to type in my install path. Nothing I've put has worked. D:
  • VhaluusVhaluus Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    I am very confused. When I go to download this mod the only files available are for IWD in BG2 a project that is about importing the entire IWD game into BG2. Now I understand that's what this project is based off but I see no download for IWDification on its own.

Ok for those who have the same issue as me this link worked http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=948
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Works great for bg2ee but there are no ingame spell descriptions in bgee :disappointed:
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm obviously on board, at least within the scope of fnp. I was thinking that we could have a component that just brings iwd spells to the ee's
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Well, my thinking is, we might as well give the results back to IWDification, rather than just keeping them for our mod. If we're going to do all that work, we might as well give the benefit to everyone!

I'm perfectly happy to do that!

Thinking about it, I'm happy to do wizard spells through TnB and donate those too

Good idea. Let's go in batches. We'll update the divine spells first, have them set for FnP, and we can add them to IWDification with a simple GAME_IS check, so after that the old engine will get the old spells, and the EE games will get the EE spells. Then submit it to CamDawg and G3 and see if they want to officially fold it into the mod.

Then we can move on and do the same for the Arcane Spell Pack.

Sounds like a plan!
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2017
    Hello guys, im a newbie and i need some help.
    Regarding correct install order there is a general rule that goes like this (if i am not wrong).

- quests
    - NPCs
    - spells
    - items
    - kits
    - tweaks

So based on that i named the parts of THIS mod like this:

Bard songs (3-Spells)
    Arcane spells (3-Spells)
    Divine Spells (3-Spells)
    Two-handed axes (4-Items)
    Casting Graphics (6-Tweaks)
    Commoners Use Drab Colors (6-Tweaks)

and where i need help is: if i want to avoid wrong install order and compatibility issues, should i install everything that this mod has to offer all at once OR i should install for example spells along with spells from other mods, then install the items along with items from other mods etc.

sry for my bad english, i hope u understand. plz reply and thanks in advance !
  • LamaPatateLamaPatate Member Posts: 10
    Hello, I love your mod, it's amazing, the only English mod I installed, unfortunately as I said, it's an English mod, so I have taken a few hours gathering translation from IWD:EE modified a few things and translated by myself the content I didn't find in IWD:EE.
    So, now I can play your mod in French, what I wanted, since I finished the translation of it, I decided to share it for other French people for them to not have to play with some English strings neither to lost hours translating it.

My apologies if I'm not allowed to talk in another language than English here, I will just explain for French people how to install the translation now, I will do it in French (pretty logical).
    EDIT: Sorry for the suspicious and useless archive, it doesn't let me upload the file on its own here without putting it in an archive...

Donc pour les anglophobes, j'ai changé le fichier de texte du mod pour avoir tout en français, donc je le partage, pour l'utiliser :
    1 - Utiliser l'éxécutable de IWDification pour que tous les dossiers d'installation du mod soit présent.
    2 - Aller dans le dossier « iwdification » qui vient de se créer, puis dans « languages », ensuite dans « english ».
    3 - Là, vous décompressez l'archive que je vous ai donné et copiez mon fichier « setup.tra » en remplaçant l'original (vous pouvez toujours conserver l'original au cas où).
    4 - Vous installez le mod normalement en lançant l'éxécutable « setup-iwdification.exe ».

Et voilà ! Alors, j'ai testé en jeu avant pour être sûr que ça fonctionne bien, c'est nickel, j'ai juste pas eu l'occasion de version les nouvelles lignes de dialogues, les noms des nouveaux monstres, les nouveaux chants de barde et les nouvelles armes (seulement les plus puissantes), mais il n'y a aucune raison pour que ça pose problème.
    J'ai aussi laissé une coquille volontaire dans le nom de la fonctionnalité pour les haches à deux mains ( le « à » de « Hache à deux mains » est écrit sans accent seulement dans l'installateur Weidu, pas en jeu) parce que sinon l'installateur m'affiche des caractères étranges.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited June 2017
    Just played through IWD(EE) for the first time since I bought it, like 2 years ago or whenever it came out. I was playing a Druid as my party leader and I had a blast with all those cool druid spells. The increased variety in arcane spells was also great to see.

So it would be sweet to see an updated version of this, even if it seems like the mod is not being worked on anymore, which is a shame. Would be even more sweet to see an optional component to replace all BG spells with their IWD counterpart in the cases where they differ. IWD's spells generally feel a bit more balanced/interesting and it would do a lot for consistency. Hell, I'd buy this as a DLC if Beamdog did it themselves. :wink: