Skip to content

Seravok's fleeing doppelgangers can break game progression

KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
edited November 2013 in Fixed
In the Duke's castle, when Seravok's doppelgangers are to attack, if one of the doppelgangers becomes feared it may run upstairs. However, upstairs is inaccessible until all of the doppelgangers are dead.. rendering the game *broken* if one should flee upstairs during this event.

Either these doppelgangers should be immune to fear or the stairs should be accessible by players during this encounter so that all of them may be killed.

The doorway outside to Baldur's Gate is accessible; I don't know if any of the doppelgangers can flee in that direction or what consequences it might have on the game. As it is very difficult to duplicate this, I am uncertain if the game would know if they were all killed if they left the area at all.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited August 2013
    I take it you mean dopplegangers? Lycanthropes are werewolves and other were-creatures.

Edit: hopefully I'm thinking of the right thing here...
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Sounds like they disappear when areas are changed similar to Aec and Kourog
  • KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
    Yes, I meant doppelgangers. In this event I never left the area. The guy got scared after his health got low and ran upstairs. I couldn't interact with either Belt or the duchess and had to reload an old save. I watched him run up the stairs and couldn't follow.

After slaying them ALL the second time then the stairs became accessible.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    This should be fixed with the next patch. Kahenraz, can you edit the OP and the title of this thread? Lycanthropes --> Doppelgangers
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    This was supposed to have been fixed in a previous patch. What version of the game are you playing?