Skip to content

Some arrow traps in Durlag's tower do not stop firing

KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
edited August 2013 in Not An Issue
Some arrow traps in Durlag's tower don't stop firing arrows and will kill-on-actication (over time) unless the game is saved/loaded to stop it.

Expected behavior is for only one arrow to fire.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I tried it out myself, and the arrow traps do fire a finite amount of arrows (10). That does seem a bit much though.
  • KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
    I've never been to this area in the original BG so I cannot confirm if it is normal. However, it is a LOT of damage and very unexpected. Arguably, it is the most damaging trap out of all of them and definitely out of place.

Are there any other traps (such as in BG2) that exhibit this kind of behavior?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It definitely should be there. I don't think one of the deadliest traps in the game is out of place in the deadliest dungeon in the game. Was also there in the original.
  • KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2013
    It's just kind of sad that I can withstand flaming balls of fire, sufficating gaseous of death, fiery missiles of untold magicks and destruction, but a couple of sticks with sharp points and I shriek in terror.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Not An Issue.
  • BelnickBelnick Member Posts: 16
    yea just there, no escape, fire thru the entire map, would have been better with a death spell that you cant save against, at least that is quicker