Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    How do you intend to deal with the fact that enchanters and diviners lack high level spells? In the unenhanced games this wasn't much of an issue, but in BGEE we must pick the bonus spells from the chosen schools.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 419
    Will we see any new spells added for any classes in BG2EE or beyond? It would be great to see a wider selection in a wider variety of schools. Druids could especially do well with more varied options especially at the lower levels.

Druids could use spells like:

Lvl1: Sunscorch, Faerie Fire, Animal Friendship
    Lvl2: Alicorn Lance, Dust Devil, Produce Flame, Charm Person or Mammal,
    Lvl3: Storm Shell, Spike Growth, Pyrotechnics
    Lvl4: Earthmaw, Needlestorm, Plant Door
    Lvl5: Thornwrack, Spike Stones, Rainbow, Wall of Fire, Elemental Forbiddance,
    Lvl6: Wall of Thorns
    Lvl7: Changestaff

Specialty mages of varying schools could use alternatives for vital spells they don't have access to due to opposition schools.
  • BolekBolek Member Posts: 60
    @wojtek - just wait, they are working on it
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    edited September 2013
    What I always liked about BG was that when you export and import a previous character you got to keep your items, when starting a new game. The items didnt magicaly dissapear as in BG2 (even though I understand that they dissapear due to you being in a cage, its all about a "fun" feature to keep them IMO).

What I want to ask is if you would consider to actually allow us to keep our items (and gold?) when we start over with a character, instead of items dissapearing? If people find that it doesnt follow the "story" (the cage and torture), well they can just drop their items at free will and start fresh. I would really like to keep my items when starting over in BG2:EE (I am talking about BG2:EE restarts, not imports from BG:EE even though that would be a really nice feature to).
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

What I always liked about BG was that when you export and import a previous character you got to keep your items, when starting a new game. The items didnt magicaly dissapear as in BG2 (even though I understand that they dissapear due to you being in a cage, its all about a "fun" feature to keep them IMO).

What I want to ask is if you would consider to actually allow us to keep our items (and gold?) when we start over with a character, instead of items dissapearing? If people find that it doesnt follow the "story" (the cage and torture), well they can just drop their items at free will and start fresh. I would really like to keep my items when starting over in BG2:EE (I am talking about BG2:EE restarts, not imports from BG:EE even though that would be a really nice feature to).

Please no, people maybe don't understand but this can simply spoil the entire fun of BG2. The reset on the items is an important feature of the game, that make us again start to look for builds to our characters.

What i would like more would be an register of some of the items, the ones named and wth more importance, so all they would be avaliable in BG2, not at the begin, but to be found during the game, in irenicus dungeon, with merchants through the game, in the places where we go to track irenicus and with people that irenicus had dealed.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    kamuizin said:

Sikorsky said:

Since BG:EE is avelible on Steam, do you consider adding achivments? I think you can make a lot of achivments and it will refresch the game even more.

This kind of thing only depends of steam, beamdog has no control there.
    No, the game should report the achievements. So, we would have to write code that interacts with Steam. This would be exclusive for Steam. I don' t think anyone pays for that extra work.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

If you want to keep your items you can always use the CLUA console to add them to your inventory at the start of a new game.
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    When you start a new game of bg2 pause game the instant it loads up, your have your items from bg1 in your inventory, drop them on the ground, and when the prologe is done, you can pick the items up from the ground (personally this spoils the game for me) but it you want the items from bg1 thats how you do it
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 419
    Well if nothing else one can always use EE to re-add the items lost by the transfer and then save. The game only removes the old items at the initial entry scene.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    lockmund said:

How do you intend to deal with the fact that enchanters and diviners lack high level spells? In the unenhanced games this wasn't much of an issue, but in BGEE we must pick the bonus spells from the chosen schools.

Unless I'm sorely misinformed, this isn't true.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited September 2013
    lockmund said:

The enhanced editions use the system from BG2: During character creation, you must learn (and memorize, in the case of BG:EE) at least one spell from your school per level if one is available; if one isn't available, you can pick anything for your last spell. During the game itself, there are no restrictions about which spells you must learn or memorize.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    Thank you. I have not played a mage (beyond character creation), so I just assumed it would continue.
  • SavelSavel Member Posts: 1
    Since I couldn't find it in a search, so forgive me if its been asked...

Any reason the promo video features the names of the Giant Bomb crew as PC's?

Possibly excellent Easter Egg NPC's inbound? :)
    kamuizin said:

Please no, people maybe don't understand but this can simply spoil the entire fun of BG2. The reset on the items is an important feature of the game, that make us again start to look for builds to our characters.
    So basically what you all are saying is that in BG1 theres no replay value with a previous character (or with your words, the game becomes boring), becase we get to keep our items?
    Its a LOT easier to drop all items than adding everything back with the CLUA console, so I cant understand why they couldnt at least add an OPTION to keep items (maybe a "story vs fun question"). Or even better, add a script that places everything from your character to one of the starting chests, pick items up with free will. At least theres a reason to save unique, "hard to find" items on your character this way at export, just as it were in BG1.

Items import comes with level import IMO... I am a great fan of BG1 that way.

PS: I guess whichever way it goes, eventually there will either be a mod to keep all items OR loose them anyway, with import.
    Dee said:

@Greenpakto
    If you want to make a request, you should post it in Feature Requests. This thread is for asking questions, not for debating the answers. :)

Haha, yes I guess that is completely true. I forgot myself! Will continue the debate there :)
    Thanks for the answer anyway!

• KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    Will there be any additional class rebalancing?
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    My question:
    Will the ipad controls be enhanced/improved somehow with the new patch for BG:EE/in BG2:EE? Will there be new touchpad control options?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Does developer have plan to show below information later?

BG2-EE

LIST OF THINGS THAT CAN'T BE DONE.
    LIST OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    Do the developers EVER intent to complete the Enhancements of Baldur's Gate? Putting in some decent overhauled FMVs would be a start. You know something that was advertised and never happened, and the ones that have been done are utter garbage from a low grade motion comic.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 94
    I don't have Beamdog's client installed...has the open beta for the patch started? Or is that still a ways off?
  • BolekBolek Member Posts: 60
    Which mage specialization is the most offensive ?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Can the player wear Irenicus' stylish bathing cap in BG2:EE?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Musaab the open beta didn't started yet they will announce it when it will be out
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Is Dave Gross coming back to write the new thief's story? And why haven't we been told anything about her yet?
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    shawne said:

Is Dave Gross coming back to write the new thief's story? And why haven't we been told anything about her yet?

no , Andrew Foley is on that from what i know

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    wojtek said:

no , Andrew Foley is on that from what i know

The guy from Cowboys and Aliens?! Oy. Well, maybe he'll surprise me.
  • Is the glitchy application of bonuses from weapons like Equalizer and Daystar being fixed for BG2EE, or will their alignment-based bonuses still bleed over to the other hand when dual-wielding?
This discussion has been closed.