Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    elminster said:

Wanderon said:

rdarken said:

He is "busy" so will not be in BG2:EE

At least not as a joinable NPC

He will be in the Black Pits 2 section but not in BG2EE's main game (SoA, ToB).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/360133#Comment_360133

I don't believe anyone has said anything about where he'll be or what he's doing; just that he's busy during the events of BGII:EE.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    PugPug said:

Is Joluv, the preorder vendor, going to be added to the Copper Coronet in BG2:EE?

I assume Deidre, originally the Collector's Edition vendor, will be in the Adventurer's Mart since an official patch put here there for all players.

They will be in my games, one way or another :)!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited September 2013
    Dee said:

elminster said:

Wanderon said:

rdarken said:

He will be busy?

I don't believe anyone has said anything about where he'll be or what he's doing; just that he's busy during the events of BGII:EE.
    Good point. I'll edit my post accordingly.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Dee said:

elminster said:

Wanderon said:

rdarken said:

He will be in the Black Pits 2 section but not in BG2EE's main game (SoA, ToB).

I AM SO SMART! S-M-R-T
    kamuizin said:

just a question, is possible to remove the thief class restriction to side with Bodhi in BG2:EE? Cos that never made much sense and probally was there only to avoid the player to screw with his stronghold quest. Maybe an alternative for the stronghold, or even no stronghold at all for thieves that choose to ally with bodhi, that would be better i think.

Bump on the question, is this possible?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin Possible? Yes. However, I don't think it'll be changing, since it does actually make sense in terms of the story. Bodhi would not ally herself with a thief.
  • So Hexxat is not one of Bodhi's minions, and probably not a vampire. There goes my Ravenloft planetravel theory :(http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20773/update-25-09-2013-all-you-wanted-to-know-about-a-new-thief/p5
    LiamEsler said:

@kamuizin Possible? Yes. However, I don't think it'll be changing, since it does actually make sense in terms of the story. Bodhi would not ally herself with a thief.

but recruit hundreds for her "thief" guild? She's selling the image of a new thief guild after all, but then i already got my answer, thx @LiamEsler.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin Bodhi's organisation is a rival to the thieves guild, but is not itself a guild for thieves. :)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @LiamEsler Yeah, but she does recruit thieves from the thieves guild. This is seen in various random encounters throughout the city at night. Therefore I don't think there's a good reason story-wise to restrict thieves from joining Bodhi's guild.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 419
    Adul said:

@LiamEsler Yeah, but she does recruit thieves from the thieves guild. This is seen in various random encounters throughout the city at night. Therefore I don't think there's a good reason story-wise to restrict thieves from joining Bodhi's guild.

Most of those guys end up as dinner I bet... only the pretty ones get to be turned into vampires!
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    If my memory serves, she captures thieves for Irenicus to use as guinea pigs in unlocking Imoen and Charname essence.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    LiamEsler said:

Oh, I don't know about that: My first playthrough of BG2 was with a thief CHARNAME :P
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited September 2013
    Adul said:

As been said by others she recruits them for food and to be Irenicus' test subjects. Doesn't really make any sense at all for the PC to join either of those categories. Really surprised to be honest that people here thought she was actually recruiting them for thieving abilities, because it's made perfectly clear on multiple occasions what the real purpose was.

She recruit for food, for tests and for potential characters to become vampires, however... she recruit. It's not like she would make Charnamea vampire, in the 1° day of him on the guild. Besides, thief or not it's just a class restriction, i never understood or swallow the excuse "you're a thief therefore i can't work with you", for me it's just something to make the player avoid losing his/her stronghold by allying with an faction that doesn't allow that, but then that should be a players choice.

The big problem in the past, was that mostly evil playthroughs needed evil thief characters, the exactly same ones that couldn't ally themselfs with Bodhi, and that was real problematic then, cos Bodhi patch is clearly the most evil and bloodthirsty to follow.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Messi said:

As been said by others she recruits them for food and to be Irenicus' test subjects. Doesn't really make any sense at all for the PC to join either of those categories. Really surprised to be honest that people here thought she was actually recruiting them for thieving abilities, because it's made perfectly clear on multiple occasions what the real purpose was.

I don't see any reason why they can't be recruited for both purposes. Vampires seem to be popping out of somewhere. Don't forget that Bodhi's guild is a new organization in Athkatla at the start of the game, and they seem to have a pretty steadily growing membership.

On the other hand, CHARNAME is a special case because Bodhi doesn't recruit him/her to make them into yet another vampire. She's looking for strong allies against the Shadow Thieves, and I don't see any reason why CHARNAME's class would disqualify him/her as such. (Unless CHARNAME is a paladin or undead hunter, but then even paladins can join Bodhi if I remember correctly.)
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Makes sense to me - if Charname is a thief his reputation by the time he meets Bhodi is certain to indicate that at least in some respects and since Bhodi is recruiting for allies against the Shadow Thieves it would certainly make sense that she would avoid recruiting thieves since they are the most likely candidates to either be spies/infiltrators with the Shadow Thieves or if not currently aligned with them the most likely to be persuaded to switch to their side in the future so why take the risk.
  • nihility00nihility00 Member Posts: 5
    When rolling a char, what is the max number of attribute points you can attain? so far the most I have rolled is 90. Is there anything beyond that?
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited September 2013
    @nihility00 It's 3d6 for each stat, so the theoretical maximum is (3x6)x6 = 108. But you'd have to be VERY lucky to roll that...
    Post edited by alnair on
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    You know, sometimes it scares me how I roughly figure out such things intuitively, especially since I never finished high school (i.e. I never was taught the more complex types math).
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The statistics discussion was interesting, but also fairly off topic, so I split the comments out into a new thread.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited September 2013
    Will the new Multiplayer System that is going to be instated with the coming patch make use of a NAT Traversal server, that is something like a VPN that redirects data communication between a NATed server and NATed clients? (Much like the Steam version of Divinity: Dragon Commander does)

Otherwise, many players using wireless internet connections like UMTS, HSPA or LTE will be unable to play without a paid VPN service with dedicated IP addresses because these connection types make use of transparent NATs ("Routers" which are not port-forwardable by the user).

EDIT: Already answered here
    Post edited by AendaeronBluescale on
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    hmm, Quick question, if (like me) u do not care about Multiplayer might i just consider the patch none beta (By witch i mean done) when the Multiplayer stress test begins?
    Love the good work.
  • RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
    edited September 2013
    After BG2:EE launches...

Will you guys consider making an "all in one" version of the game?

One install that contains BG1, BG2, TOB.

One install to rule them all.

That would be elite.

:)
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    I might have missed it, but I haven't seen an answer to this Q yet. ;-)

My question:
    Will the ipad controls be enhanced/improved somehow with the new patch for BG:EE/in BG2:EE? Will there be new touchpad control options?

• PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Dee said:

@kamuizin
    As I said before, we'll try to give about a week's notice before the beta goes live. We'll probably post a patch log sometime during that week.

What about the patch log ? Are we not in beta phase now ?

Also about the new content of BG2EE : will it be entirely linked to the new NPC (Rasaad and so) or will there be new independant quests / adventures as well ?
    Will the new content be distributed between SoA and ToB or will it be almost exclusively in ToB or in SoA ?
  • NordomNordom Member Posts: 22
    Any plans to enhance specializations for mages?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/360966/#Comment_360966
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Is it possible to make the game regocnize thief skills properly beyond 255? Since Pick Pockets kind of wants to be as high as possible.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    What NPC requires pickpocketing above 100, let alone 255?
This discussion has been closed.