Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I used it day one of the beta and got a line-effect, like Aganazzer's Scorcher. Subsequent iterations of the beta seemed to give it a wider reach, such that I could knock out a clump of kobolds in one shot. Now it seems almost like Flaming Hands.

Perhaps I should have posted this elsewhere.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Any chance for more modern keybinding options? For example shift modifiers. I find mages a more pleasant class to play than sorcerers at higher levels, because if I don't really care what my low level spells are, I can just spam memorize one of them so I can scroll past them fast. But my sorcerer is gonna have 4-5 different spells of each level, so yeah.

Keybinds compatible with gaming mice would be sexier than a gagged Jaheira.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Dear Dee, i know that sprites cannot be done in HD, due to various reasons, as you explained in a previous question.

I have 2 questions however:

1) Since, the backround areas in BG2 are getting "powered up", have you considered, not making HD sprites, but making certain "touches" to some of them, in the same way that 1pp mod did. For example, through 1pp, the leather armor sprite of human male fighters, had the bulk of its boots reduced, cleric elf females were fixed of black spots, etc.

I know some sprites that were not touched at all, and could maybe use some touches. Have you considered anything, if you can answer of course. This would be a more minor touch to sprites, nothing in the HD, or remake kind.

2) Considering again that, backround areas are going to look better in BG2:EE, as we said in (1), and that, backround areas already looked more crisp than character sprites(which are quite pixelated) even in the original, how are you thinking of addressing the problem that, the sprites will look even worse by comparison? I know HD is out of the question, but is there any way to avoid visual inconcistency?

• ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    I'm wondering, since I'm assuming that the original BG2 portraits and soundsets will come included with BG2EE, will they then be retroactively added to BGEE via a patch after the release?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited October 2013
    Scooter said:

I'm wondering, since I'm assuming that the original BG2 portraits and soundsets will come included with BG2EE, will they then be retroactively added to BGEE via a patch after the release?

In opposite , BG-EE portraits and soundset can be inculded to BG2-EE ?

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    A third question i just remembered, although i know it's a tricky subject...

Have you considered certain subraces? Like Tieflings, Aasimars etc?
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Will any of the new NPCs have plotlines that extend into ToB? Related: Will they have banter / interaction in ToB?
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    darrenkuo said:

Scooter said:

In opposite , BG-EE portraits and soundset can be inculded to BG2-EE ?

And continuing, will there be any brand new portraits and soundsets released with BG2EE, and if so will they be available for BGEE?
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I think they've said previously (maybe in the FAQ) that they won't be rolling back BG2 soundsets and portraits, but it's an easy enough job to transfer those manually if wish to do so.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Got a technical question :
    How does stealth work exactly for thieves ?

- What is rolled when you first try to hide ? (Heard its average of d100 vs [Hide in Shadows + Move silently] / 2)
    - What is rolled each round to check if you're still hidden ? is it the same or different from the previous answer ?
    - What are the penalities for hiding during the day without shadows ? Actually, what are the exact list of bonus/penalities that can occur when you try to hide in shadows / try to keep staying hidden ?

• NordomNordom Member Posts: 22
    Aranthys said:

Got a technical question :
    How does stealth work exactly for thieves ?

Do not forget to put it into Manual ;)
  • LuxeflexLuxeflex Member Posts: 7
    Will BG2:EE have more new items than BG:EE? I ask this because I'm playing this game for the Zillionth time (might be a bit less) and I keep repeating and finding the same items all over again desperately searching for some unique new ones with kick-ass stats.

Just say yes, so I won't have to make a Chavalier waiting for Blackrazor again :)
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Luxeflex said:

Will BG2:EE have more new items than BG:EE? I ask this because I'm playing this game for the Zillionth time (might be a bit less) and I keep repeating and finding the same items all over again desperately searching for some unique new ones with kick-ass stats.

Just say yes, so I won't have to make a Chavalier waiting for Blackrazor again :)

Cavalier, a Loyal good Paladin, the epitome of goodness
    Blackrazor, a weapon that can only be retrieved by doing evil deeds

huuuuum :o
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Evil deeds that make you a Fallen Paladin.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    pixie359 said:

Which then gives you the opportunity to redeem yourself...

• artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Wanderon said:

Which is getting a little bit off-topic
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Wanderon said:

pixie359 said:

You can redeem yourself as a fallen paladin in Baldur's Gate?
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    I want to play Bg 2 EE now. If I preorder can I play right away? I figure that would only make sense as otherwise what would be the point.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited October 2013
    Malicron said:

Wanderon said:

pixie359 said:

You can redeem yourself as a fallen paladin in Baldur's Gate?
    I think you can in BG2, as part of the paladin stronghold questline I believe.

But you're way past that by the time you get Blackrazor.
    DKnight said:

I want to play Bg 2 EE now. If I preorder can I play right away? I figure that would only make sense as otherwise what would be the point.

If you could buy it now and play right away, it wouldn't really be pre-ordering. It would just be ordering.

If you pre-order you'll likely be able to pre-load part of the game before release (and download the remainder on the release day), so in theory you'll get to play the game a little sooner, but for the most part the only real reason to pre-order is to show your support.
    edited October 2013
    TJ Hooker said-"If you pre-order you'll likely be able to pre-load part of the game before release (and download the remainder on the release day), so in theory you'll get to play the game a little sooner, but for the most part the only real reason to pre-order is to show your support."

Thanks for quick reply. The question is just what does that mean? Does that mean I can play a few parts of the game NOW and then have to wait until Nov 15 for full game. Exactly how much can I play. Im sorry for asking stupid questions its just a bit confusing.
    Thankyou for that summary. Im going to save my money until then.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Cannot wait for the pre-release Hexxat datamining -_-
  • LuxeflexLuxeflex Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    On the off-topic Blackrazor argument: in the original BG 2 you could've pickpocketed Blackrazor with Jan Janssen (or any thief) edit: i mean you can pickpocket the genie for the tear :-)

Could we get a preview of some of the new items, pretty please?
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "it wouldn't be too much trouble if we wanted to do it" and 10 being "it would take far more resources than it would ever be worth, don't make me laugh..."

How difficult would it be to let us dual/multiclass kits?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    11; it could potentially break every creature in the game.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Dee said:

11; it could potentially break every creature in the game.

lol, thanks Dee. <3
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Dee Is there some way to know if a bug report filed in the road to v1.2 has been acknowledged/confirmed and added to the tracker? There's a lot of reports that are ~3 to 5 days old in the forum (3 of which are mine) that either have no replies or only a forum member saying 'confirmed'. Should we be tagging @SomeDev whenever we post a report? The danger is someone like me continues to bump a report, thinking it hasn't been noticed, when it actually has. FYI, none of these have been added to the known issues thread.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Tag me ( @Dee ) in the report; that will ensure that it gets a look.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Will Intel graphics chipsets ever be able to work (be supported), or is that not possible? And will BG2EE encounter the same issues with said chipset or will it work properly?
This discussion has been closed.