Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @mirceapui there are sites out there that will detail what exactly there is on each map in Baldur's Gate. If you like you could just Google the various maps and see what is there worth taking.
  • mirceapuimirceapui Member Posts: 26
    Yeah i know, but i want to feel the game in my way and not with some walkthroughs. I think you understand me :)
    No, I understand. My suggestion would be to stick to quests and perhaps loot the nearby areas or whatever takes your fancy. No need to do everything in one playthrough.
    Adul
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @mirceapui
    I would definitely visit any house with a marker on the map. You will miss out on a few quests if you don't check all houses, but nothing vital (docks district is one of those areas).
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know how character importing from BG EE to BG2 EE will work yet? Will there be differences from the vanilla version?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @mirceapui I agree with RedGuard, don't worry about missing things now, because BG is one of those games that can provide entertainment through dozens of playthroughs.
    RedGuard
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    This may have been answered but...

The extra vendors that you get for buying the Gold or Collector Editions will be in the Game I assume? There was the extra vendor in Ribald's Adventure Mart and another Vendor in the Bar/Inn where all the NPCs are found... Will those two vendors be in the game?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yes, Deirdre and Joluv are both in.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Ettercow said:

Does anyone know how character importing from BG EE to BG2 EE will work yet? Will there be differences from the vanilla version?

At release, it will work more or less the same; you'll move your saved game or your character from the BG:EE directory to the BGII:EE directory, and then import your character from it.

We have plans for something a little more robust later on; for the moment, moving the files works just fine.
    etagloc
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    Is there going to be a pre-load for Macs at any point?
    Jairyanna
    Will there be a way to preload the game before release with a standalone installer, or is this feature only available through the Beamdog client?
    Will the new NPC's have substantial content/quest lines through and into ToB?

Also will we see more content for Monks in BG2 (both in SoA & ToB) either through Rasaad or otherwise?
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    At what time (and timezone, not everyone lives on the same spot...) on the 15th does BG2:EE "unlock" on Beamdog?
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Kaltzor said:

At what time (and timezone, not everyone lives on the same spot...) on the 15th does BG2:EE "unlock" on Beamdog?

wish it had a countdown like the steam version ;D
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Seriously, this bugs me - after watching an early BGII Enhanced gameplay I've question to devs: why characters paperdolls models were not changed to BGII models? Is or will there be an option to change them?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    etagloc said:

Kaltzor said:

wish it had a countdown like the steam version ;D
    Steam countdown is not always correct. Recent Deus Ex HR Director's Cut was unlocked after 20 or so hours of delay for Europe.
    elminster
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Aramintai said:

Seriously, this bugs me - after watching an early BGII Enhanced gameplay I've question to devs: why characters paperdolls models were not changed to BGII models? Is or will there be an option to change them?

It was always the intention to keep the BG1/1PP paperdolls, as far as I am aware.
    @Eudaemonium
    And what exactly is the reason behind it? Personally, I prefer BGII paperdolls over BGI, especially elves and better looking armor on all models.
    RedGuard
    No idea. To be honest it seemed a general consensus that BG1 was better. I actually find it almost impossible to fathom how you prefer elves in BG2. Their models gave me nightmares.
    ScooterTJ_Hooker
    @Eudaemonium
    Must have missed a poll or something. Still, I don't see why not make it an option, especially if all the assets are there.
    Just take it as an executive decision. I don't think it's going to change.
    I also prefer the BG2 paperdolls in BG2. BG1 paperdolls are fine in BG1, I like my variety in these games.

Ah well. Mods to the rescue!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    RedGuard said:

Will the new NPC's have substantial content/quest lines through and into ToB?

Yes. Quite so. I think Phil is on record as saying that the new NPC dialog (SoA and ToB) is bigger than all of the original dialog in ToB.
    Also will we see more content for Monks in BG2 (both in SoA & ToB) either through Rasaad or otherwise?
    See above. Rasaad has quite an interesting quest line.
    AdulRedGuardStarflower2525JuliusBorisov
  • How can it be that there is a playthrough off BG2EE on youtube. Has someone managed to put his preload to work. Is it a review copy or did it leak?

How can it be that there is a playthrough off BG2EE on youtube. Has someone managed to put his preload to work. Is it a review copy or did it leak?

He said in a thread here (now mysteriously gone) that it was a review copy.
  • WalKaNWalKaN Member Posts: 9
    Dee said:

Ettercow said:

At release, it will work more or less the same; you'll move your saved game or your character from the BG:EE directory to the BGII:EE directory, and then import your character from it.

We have plans for something a little more robust later on; for the moment, moving the files works just fine.
    Will the final-save export all the stuff (stats, level, skills, proficiencies,...) from the others characters (Misc, Jaheira, etc...) through BGEE to BG2EE?
    WalKaN said:

Dee said:

Ettercow said:

Will the final-save export all the stuff (stats, level, skills, proficiencies,...) from the others characters (Misc, Jaheira, etc...) through BGEE to BG2EE?
    No, only Charname gets transferred. The other characters who return come with set levels, stats, skills, and proficiencies.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Come to think of it, the screencaps of BG2:EE showed us a duergar(?) player portrait. Thus I'm assuming the upcoming game will introduce us with an all-new portrait pack DLC, just like its prequel did. My question is: Will these BG2:EE portraits also be available in the BG:EE shop?
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    edited November 2013
    @Kamigoroshi You can take a screenshot of your BG2EE game screen, crop the portrait out of it, and put it into your BG1EE portraits folder. :)
    So, with Trent's twitter comments that the Mac BG2EE might be somewhat delayed, can we get an approximate timescale? He said that other builds would arrive *on* Friday or later, so are we still potentially looking at Friday, but several hours later than the PC, or is it being pushed back to early or late next week, or even further? =)

Just a request for some information. Even if it hasn't been pinned down, an approximate timescale would be welcome. =)
    forktheworldJairyannaonanLeoNegus
This discussion has been closed.