Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    Is it possible to bring players more customisation during character creation. I mean to choose character silhouette (animation model), for example: multiclass mage-cleric looks like cleric, but Aerie looks like mage (her model looks like she is wearing robe). Another examples: Imoen and Nalia, both are thief dualclassed to mage, but Imoen looks different than Nalia (Nalia looks like pure mage, while Imoen like hmm fighter?). Or hypothetically another example, when playing as fighter-thief I would like to look like pure thief (hooded character model). So, is there any chance to make some kind of customisation tool, to choose how character looks (during creation or when player is dualclassing)? Like I said before - to choose which kind of model will represent our character? Although, this should be restricted to specific multi or dual classes.

I'm just freak, who love hooded/robed characters :D
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Mac and PC versions will be available on Beamdog on the 15th; it just won't be available on the Mac App store on the 15th. :)
  • SevSev Member Posts: 17
    I'm a Mac user as well, and having just pre-ordered the game I got sent an email which included a Windows installer instead of a Mac one. Will we get sent Mac installers on the 15th?
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    How can it be that the original game was in spanish, with spanish voices, and BG2EE isn't?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Actually my question was kind of silly. So just ignore this :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    rae said:

How can it be that the original game was in spanish, with spanish voices, and BG2EE isn't?

There are two parts to the answer to this question.

The first part is that we've added more than 350,000 words of new dialogue to the game, all of which has to be translated before we can release it.

The second part is that all of our translators are volunteering their time (a lot of it) to the effort, so while the finished product is going to be spectacular and definitely worth playing, we ask that players be patient while they work, so that they can get the work done well. As soon as it's ready, we'll release the translation.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My BGII EE download stucked at 99,6% and now the time to end is something about 1 day to 2 days. I believe 0,4 in 2 days to be probally a bug, so does my download get bugged?
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Happened to me when I used the Client. I shut it down and opened it up a few times and then it worked. But you're much better off using the Stand Alone Launcher.
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to add the Quick Loot Bar to BGEE?
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    Dee said:

As soon as it's ready, we'll release the translation.

Voices included?
    As I understand, the problem is not everything is translated and the release should be consistant.
  • Somulo_Somulo_ Member Posts: 270
    guys need your support, in 1 part of game we have in baldur.ini file setting - opengl 1, and now it's something like - "graphics profile" of videocard, it's not so bad, but.. it's really killing old baldur engine, because i have a card 7970 on my laptop, and it's still show me framerate 20-22, and if i switch opengl 1, like in baldurs gate 1 - it's come to normal, really nice fps (fps option is still possible to correct in the options, and make, say 50 or even 80), please tell how to switch this options in bg II, sorry if it's thread not for this kind of questions

ps: of course i have last drivers, visual, and other things, but i still think, that little problem just to switch in options opengl 1
  • NaxterraNaxterra Member Posts: 10
    My question is, what is the difference between original Baldur's Gate II and this Enhanced Edition? Apart from four extra companions and lots of bugs and incompatibility with good old mods I feel like I just wasted my 25 dollars on BG2 with widescreen mod.

Also original version was much much better compared to this one.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited November 2013
    My question is, what is the difference betwe en original Baldur's Gate II and this Enhanced Edition? Apart from four extra companions and lots of bugs and incompatibility with good old mods I feel like I just wasted my 25 dollars on BG2 with widescreen mod.

@Naxterra

Nobody force you buy the game , you can see lots of related information in main page and this forum before the game been released ,

I feel you just find something to complain,
    Bug fix , for modern OS ,continue support , future DLCs,
    It worth for me to pay the money,

• AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Naxterra said:

My question is, what is the difference between original Baldur's Gate II and this Enhanced Edition? Apart from four extra companions and lots of bugs and incompatibility with good old mods I feel like I just wasted my 25 dollars on BG2 with widescreen mod.

Well, obviously YMMV as far as new content and ease of use goes. But if you are into mods, the list of mods that are compatible is pretty big and continuing to grow. Also, the devs made the game more moddable so there's future content to look forward to from the community.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    wheres the access to watchers keep in SoA?! where is it?! did you make it so we can access it later? or do we have to wait till ToB? ... *hyperventilating*

PS. its cool if i have to wait... ive just come to rely on the access to the shop-person at the top for early access to certain ToB items, and i can usually clear the first level at low levels... just... just lemme know whats going on here. le' sigh
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    That's true. The EE allows modders to do things that are just plain impossible in the vanilla versions. And for the first time in years we see NEW modders entering the scene. Just wait some time and there will be great mods out there.
    Paulg said:

wheres the access to watchers keep in SoA?! where is it?! did you make it so we can access it later? or do we have to wait till ToB? ... *hyperventilating*

PS. its cool if i have to wait... ive just come to rely on the access to the shop-person at the top for early access to certain ToB items, and i can usually clear the first level at low levels... just... just lemme know whats going on here. le' sigh

If you leave Athkatla through the city gates area you should have watcher's keep appear on your world map at the bottom. Kind of south-east of the city I guess.
    elminster said:

Paulg said:

If you leave Athkatla through the city gates area you should have watcher's keep appear on your world map at the bottom. Kind of south-east of the city I guess.
    well maybe im doing somthing wrong here.. but what im sayin is.. ive done that, and no watchers keep, have you actually SEEN it on BGII:EE elminster? i know is in original bgII.. cant get it in "EE" so far.

• MilkTeaMilkTea Member Posts: 4
    Any plans for future "official" portraits?
    I always felt like Half-orcs just don't get enough love. There are very few (I actually want to say one) official portraits that could be considered recognizably half-orc. Even amongst the fans, custom made half-orc portraits seem to be pretty few and far in between.
    Any future kits planned as well?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Paulg - I just left Athkatla and, if I were nuts enough, I could head to Watcher's Keep right now, so I can confirm that for you.
    Paulg said:

elminster said:

Paulg said:

well maybe im doing somthing wrong here.. but what im sayin is.. ive done that, and no watchers keep, have you actually SEEN it on BGII:EE elminster? i know is in original bgII.. cant get it in "EE" so far.

Yea I've seen it in BGIIEE. Looks like its a bug that some people are having while others aren't. Are you on PC or mac? Are you using any mods?
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    If there's still any doubt, I can confirm that I not only have Watcher's Keep, but I've been there and am currently using loot from the first floor.
    elminster said:

Paulg said:

elminster said:

Paulg said:

Yea I've seen it in BGIIEE. Looks like its a bug that some people are having while others aren't. Are you on PC or mac? Are you using any mods?
    got the PC version, no mods, i imported my character. is there a level where is shows up?... or am i just gonna have to give up on it?.. sad.

I have something I was wondering. I've noticed that none of the new animations for sleeping, dying and the like that were in BG:EE aren't in BG2:EE, we still have the old videos. Will the new videos be put in later, or are we keeping the old style?

I think we're keeping the old videos, which is a shame since I greatly preferred to new resting videos. Is there a way to mod them in?

Agreed. Honestly, I'm just hoping that they had to rush out BG2:EE a bit so they temporarily skipped unimportant things like those videos, and they'll be implemented later.
    Paulg said:

elminster said:

Paulg said:

elminster said:

Paulg said:

got the PC version, no mods, i imported my character. is there a level where is shows up?... or am i just gonna have to give up on it?.. sad.

Sorry I really can't help here. I do however know that problem has been reported on official channels.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I prefer to keep the old resting videos in order to keep up a cohesive art style.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    2 bugs atm in the black pits, both of them in fact.

In BG and BG2 Black pits enemies are following peope when they're invisible.

In Blackpits of BG2, Simulacrum isn't making the character invisible, it only create the copy.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Simulacrum isn't supposed to make the caster invisible, so that's working as intended.

If you haven't already posted the other issue in the Bugs section, I recommend doing so.
This discussion has been closed.