Now that BG2:EE is back on a roll. Why dont we do some fun theorizing for Baldurs Gate 3!
1. Where you think and where would you want the next playable area in the huge world of Faerun?
Here's a link to the map of the huge world of Faerun http://www.maplib.net/fullmap.php?id=13010&legend=1
When I combine the playable areas of Baldurs Gate, Amn, and Icewind Dale, and compare it the rest of the world, you can see that we've only seen such a little amount of the world of Faerun.
But dont get me wrong, we've seen some beautiful sights and visited some fabulous areas in those 3 games,
this just means there is a lot of potential to see even more.
2. Sequels/Spinoffs in a different timeline and setting seems to be popular as long as they hold true to the original elements of the previous games. (ie: Devil May Cry)
At what timeline do you think Baldurs Gate 3 will be in and in what kind of setting?
Do you think the timeline will be set after/before/between Baldurs gate 1/2?
3. What do you think the story of Baldurs Gate 3 will be like?
What theories come to mind after ToB?
What kind of story would YOU like BG3 to have?
4. Any returning characters you would want to see or new characters to meet? :O
To answer these my self.
1. I would love to be able to play in the regions of Cormyr and Sembia.
There are cities scattered across the Dragon Coast which could potentially serve as a hub area like Baldurs Gate or Athkatla.
There are also the Thunder Peaks, The Dale Lands, and The Pirate Isles to explore in those regions.
2. Would love to see this sequel happen after the events ToB
The timeline would be easily determined and potential for a new protagonist and his/her story could be developed.
3. Maybe a war between races, between neighbouring countries, maybe a civil war, maybe even a war between the gods.
4. Definitely Boo and possibly Dinin Do'Urden, Drizzt bro.
As you can see, with the amount of already created land/lore in the forgotten realms comes endless possibilities for content able to be digitalized, re/imagined, and materialized for us players
Let me know what you think!
Lets kill some time by theorizing and predicting until BG2:EE comes our way and maybe even BG3