Skip to content

Where would you like to find Neera/Dorn/Rassad in BG 2 EE?

Comments

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Sorry, I didn't see that one. I guess I should've spent some more effort trying to search for an existing thread about this.
    shawne said:

The devs hinted a while back that all four of the new NPCs would be in Athkatla - the idea being that you can pick them up relatively early.

Meaning Neera, Dorn, Rasaad and Hexxat, right? Not Baeloth, I hope. :P
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Baeloth will apparently have a role to play, but not as a party member - the new NPCs in BG2:EE will indeed be Neera, Dorn, Rasaad and Hexxat.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Threads merged
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Dorn:Slums or graveyard.

Neera:Government district or market district.

Rasaad:market or temple district
    Hexxat:graveyard, the tombs.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I can easly see Dorn in Talos Temple if his patrol have alliances with Talos. Would also be pretty interesting if Dorn made a remake of his appearance in BG:EE, but now without directly interests, i mean, in one of the random encounters (suna seni, the Oorgs slaver masters, one of the random bandit battles after that, the shadow thief/bodhi encounters inside the city at night), he could appear to help (or mock if charname rep is too high) in the upcoming battle.

By the way, who is Hexxat?
    kamuizin said:

I can easly see Dorn in Talos Temple if his patrol have alliances with Talos. Would also be pretty interesting if Dorn made a remake of his appearance in BG:EE, but now without directly interests, i mean, in one of the random encounters (suna seni, the Oorgs slaver masters, one of the random bandit battles after that, the shadow thief/bodhi encounters inside the city at night), he could appear to help (or mock if charname rep is too high) in the upcoming battle.

By the way, who is Hexxat?

The new thief.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Is it official that her name is going to be Hexxat?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Montresor_SP

Yes, yes it is. I saw one of the Beta-testers confirming it somewhere.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    Besides that, with a close examination of the trailer video you can see it for yourself.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93

This is what Dee had to say on the matter...

"They won't be sitting in bird cages waiting for you to let them out (wink), but I can say with reasonable confidence that you'll be able to find them more simply than, say, Valygar."

...and I have no illusions about changing whatever plans they already have for implementing the new EE characters in BG 2 EE. However, where would you *like* to find them? Where do you think it would be cool/suitable/interesting etc?

For me... part of me wishes they'd be found exactly in those cages at the start of the game :D But clearly that's not happenin... so:

Neera: The most logical place you'd find her is actually Spellhold. She might've had another accident shortly after travelling into Amn. But of course that'd be pretty inconvenient for anyone hoping to get her early...

Dorn: I can see him being a voluntary gladiator in the Copper Coronet...

Rassad: I dunno about him much, didn't even realise he was an recruitable NPC until after I finished my first and only BG EE run to date.

Well. Copper Coronet, right? That was the major npc tavern. And it was spacious indeed!

This is what Dee had to say on the matter...

"They won't be sitting in bird cages waiting for you to let them out (wink), but I can say with reasonable confidence that you'll be able to find them more simply than, say, Valygar."

...and I have no illusions about changing whatever plans they already have for implementing the new EE characters in BG 2 EE. However, where would you *like* to find them? Where do you think it would be cool/suitable/interesting etc?

For me... part of me wishes they'd be found exactly in those cages at the start of the game :D But clearly that's not happenin... so:

Neera: The most logical place you'd find her is actually Spellhold. She might've had another accident shortly after travelling into Amn. But of course that'd be pretty inconvenient for anyone hoping to get her early...

Dorn: I can see him being a voluntary gladiator in the Copper Coronet...

Rassad: I dunno about him much, didn't even realise he was an recruitable NPC until after I finished my first and only BG EE run to date.

Well. Copper Coronet, right? That was the major npc tavern. And it was spacious indeed!
    Anomen, Nalia, Korgan, the evil thief from TDD mod, edwin, minsc and yoshimo also end there if you take them off your party... hell everyone is there!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I see Dorn punching Anomen in the face when you first walk in The Copper Coronet.
    jackjack said:

I see Dorn punching Anomen in the face when you first walk in The Copper Coronet.

Great idea! Then CHARNAME could choose to pick a side or try to resolve the conflict peacefully.

Although I guess Dorn randomly punching stuck-up knight-like people in the face would be weirdly out of character. I'm quite sure he'd rather stab.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    The 'not in a birdcage *wink*' bit makes me think of the Harper's. Don't know how that would play out, but there we go.
    jackjack said:

He should better be prepared for the retribution, cos no matter the complains, Anomen isn't a weak character from a power game perspective.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    kamuizin said:

jackjack said:

He should better be prepared for the retribution, cos no matter the complains, Anomen isn't a weak character from a power game perspective.
    Isn't Anomen basically either the best or one of the best NPCs in the game from a powergaming perspective? 'Not weak' doesn't really sum it up! XD
  • DancingBugbearDancingBugbear Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2013
    This seems to be already decided.
    In that case,
    Dorn and Rasaad are Gay
    Nera is Presedent

Perhaps the reference is too obscure.

Nera could be in the origional dungeon
    Also possibly the planar sphere
    Possibly the plane with the bard troop
    Any unusual access unordinary place or location of an unusual catastrophe
    Or running from some wizards, or angry mobs somewhere in the wilderness, like the town gates, or hiding somewhere, like in the sewers (eager to get out, but she was doing alright down there).

Dorn is hunting after Firkraag or his henchman in the Windspar hills, ready to join you when you face his new foes.

Rasaad is at the the docks, thumb wrestling with The Thumb, calling on his mighty methods.
    Or at the docks, weighing on those that come, and go.
    Or at Trademeet, with the temple of Wakeen.

The extra character should be a shadow thief. There are too few thieves in the game. Maybe Mook; she was the only one with a decent voice act in the Italian TKC. Some of them seemed too charactered and smart to be short lived, or short roled. The one with Seamon Haveren; she has reason to be appreciative after you helped them out, and is stuck on the island. There could be one in the large Shadow Thieves' Compound.
    jackjack said:

Dorn is sitting over the unconscious body of Anomen, having a drink. He made lots of animositous relationships with the pergoers of the Copper Coronet.
    kamuizin said:

[re. Dorn]

Anomen is one of the weakest characters, except perhaps Mazzy, only useful becouse of the immense advantages of multiclasses. He's also the most foolish one, rather than Mazzy, who's just daft, and thinks he's many times tougher than he is, and makes the most idiotic moves (also he conveniently gets multiclass, despite being human. Maybe this could get fixed, like Jahara's unique access to harper's call).
    Maybe he could show up and kill Keldorn, so you don't have to deal with him, in a prelude, like him at the Friendly Arms Inn in the first part, before he goes to the Windspare hills.

Southpaw said:

Rasaad - Docks, investigating Shadow Thieves and the Vampires. Willing to help CHARNAME, he joins without a lot of talking.

But don't you want to hear some more about Selune?
    "Selune guides me."
    I like to see that when the plotting's messing up. Rasaad gets stuck in the corner of a building, while we're going to the exit.

Nalia in starting dungeon (or any extraplanar area, or running at the gates); Dorn in Copper Cornet (should be in Windspar); Rasaad at the docks (should be in Trademeet); A Shadow Thief from one of their excellent stock.

Nalia could keep the other bird company in the Harper estate, where everything's messing up.

• SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Really fun to see all speculations about where Rasaad, Neera, Dorn and the new NPC will be found.

I have to say that the guesses are educated and intelligent but not necessarily totally right ...

As a Beta-tester I can say ( at least I hope I can say it ) that I did my first beta playthrough with Rasaad and Neera and their quest's where awesome (!) ....
    I liked Rasaad's quest and storyline the most. Really, really well written and intriguing.
    edited October 2013
    It's just not interesting if they've developed other affiliations. They've gone into something else. "Oh, it's you..."
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    edited October 2013
    @kamuizin and @gcg, might I suggest we get back on topic?
    Perhaps a moderator could delete/relocate the last few comments, and clean it up. Maybe Anomen can have a dream while knocked out, and tell about how he was considering his use as a charging cleric, compared to the others.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Move along.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2013
    Anomen comments split to a new thread. Feel welcome to continue that discussion there.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    I'm going to go out on a really crazy limb here, and, assume they will all be tied into the first scene, when you leave the Dungeon.

It makes sense, when you think about it. o.O
    I also would like that. It'd tie in nicely.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Here's some guesses of mine:

Neera as a guaranteed encounter popping in via an unintended wild surge teleport and some red wizards close behind seems like a fairly appropriate way to bring her in. It could happen as soon as you try to enter the slums.

Rasaad seems likely to be in the Docks to me. If there was to be a temple of Selune in Athkatla it would make sense for it to be near the docks since Selune is often worshiped by those who navigate by the stars. There's also some history of an avatar of Selune running a tavern in Waterdeep's Dockward :)

Dorn... The Copper Coronet seems like the most obvious place to find him but if not there... I could see him as another scripted transition encounter or finding him in the Government District.
    Nic_Mercy said:

Neera as a guaranteed encounter popping in via an unintended wild surge teleport and some red wizards close behind seems like a fairly appropriate way to bring her in. It could happen as soon as you try to enter the slums.

I like the wild surge teleport. Although I think it more likely that she'll have The Cowled Wizards close behind, simply because it doesn't seem very likely that the reds would be allowed to hunt someone in the middle of the city without The Cowled Wizards meddling.
    The wild surge seems like a good idea, particularly because of the occurrence of all of them showing up in the same general area. Particularly if she had some meantime impedance of something like being polymorphed into a sheep and put in somebody's pasture.