Skip to content

Where would you like to find Neera/Dorn/Rassad in BG 2 EE?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Tresset Quite right :)
  • Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
    mlnevese said:

If anyone gets it right the person should get a Nostradamus badge ;)

Why? Historically, the only thing Nostradamus can be said to have gotten right was jam, and that seems rather unrelated.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Ideally, and I know it won't be done on release or likely ever but ideally, I'd want BG2EE to be so integrated with BGEE as to check what kind of party you finished the game with and put the top 2 NPCs in the cages where Jaheira and Minsc are.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @blackchimes Yeah that won't be done ever; at least with this contract. The current contract prohibits such things as changing anything about the original NPCs. Content may only be added onto them. No original content can be changed in regards to them.
    Well technically this doesn't change any NPCs, just their placement... a bit ;)
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Ideally, and I know it won't be done on release or likely ever but ideally, I'd want BG2EE to be so integrated with BGEE as to check what kind of party you finished the game with and put the top 2 NPCs in the cages where Jaheira and Minsc are.

It would be a welcome change, but...want in one hand, wish in the other. :( My great grandmother had another version of that saying that would get me a couple of Abuse-flags.
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    Rassad does have a connection to the shadow thieves, so I would not be surprised to find him locked up in the thief stronghold, or else in the general dock area.
    Dorn is a wanted criminal, so he could easily sit in a cell next to Jan/hide in a less frequented area like the sewers or the graveyard.
    Neera is the hardest to place since she is so random and could pop up anyplace/anytime.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    They're all in the opening dungeon. They aren't in birdcages, they're in HUMAN cages!!!!
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Dorn - got kidnapped by Irenicus just as everyone else, but busted out of his cell (located in a different part of Irenicus' dungeon) during the Shadow Thieves' attack. You meet him in Waukeen's promenade, right when Cowled Wizards teleport Irenicus out. Angry and willing to pay Irenicus back, he joins CHARNAME.

Neera - Waukeen's promenade, circus tent, falling for the illusions and under attack of shadows. She tried to lay low and get some work at the circus as an illusionist, which angered the little power-hungry gnome. You save her and she joins you for protection.

Rasaad - Docks, investigating Shadow Thieves and the Vampires. Willing to help CHARNAME, he joins without a lot of talking.

Baeloth - Copper Coronet, helping to run the gladiator pits. After a funny conversation, he will try to diss you, but flees after getting cut. Second time- you meet im upon entering Underdark. He finally got to get back, but then he sees you. Angry and afraid, lets out a rant about constantly meeting you and you always thwarting his plans (akin a villain of his own story). He then teleports back to surface hoping to avoid you in the future. Bonus points for a possible intermezzo - meeting him before in the underwater city in disguise, complementing his personal story of an unsuccessful villain.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Southpaw I can safely confirm that Baeloth won't be returning in BG2EE, as he's a little busy (Phil has mentioned it previously)-- he's not the evil NPC to which we refer.
    Southpaw said:

Rasaad - Docks, investigating Shadow Thieves and the Vampires. Willing to help CHARNAME, he joins without a lot of talking.

But don't you want to hear some more about Selune?
    Kaeloree said:

@Southpaw I can safely confirm that Baeloth won't be returning in BG2EE, as he's a little busy (Phil has mentioned it previously)-- he's not the evil NPC to which we refer.

I know he won't be recruitable, but I thought he'll make a cameo appearance.

@blackchimes- no. do you?
  • EejitEejit Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps Dorn will be hanging out with the Fallen Paladins. Maybe pals with Anarg and you can convince him to join you.
    Tries to make instant noodles
    Telepors from Baldur's Gate to Athkatla

That needs one of them advice animal things.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Dorn had a change of heart and is found performing with Haer'Dalis
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    Southpaw said:

Dorn - got kidnapped by Irenicus just as everyone else, but busted out of his cell (located in a different part of Irenicus' dungeon) during the Shadow Thieves' attack. You meet him in Waukeen's promenade, right when Cowled Wizards teleport Irenicus out. Angry and willing to pay Irenicus back, he joins CHARNAME.

Neera - Waukeen's promenade, circus tent, falling for the illusions and under attack of shadows. She tried to lay low and get some work at the circus as an illusionist, which angered the little power-hungry gnome. You save her and she joins you for protection.

Baeloth - Copper Coronet, helping to run the gladiator pits. After a funny conversation, he will try to diss you, but flees after getting cut. Second time- you meet im upon entering Underdark. He finally got to get back, but then he sees you. Angry and afraid, lets out a rant about constantly meeting you and you always thwarting his plans (akin a villain of his own story). He then teleports back to surface hoping to avoid you in the future. Bonus points for a possible intermezzo - meeting him before in the underwater city in disguise, complementing his personal story of an unsuccessful villain.

I agree with both but the circus tent, for newcomers it doesnt make sense to get 2 mages at the same time - I speak of Aerie ofc. In fact, you will probably miss out of her now if you picked Neera over her.
    raxtoren said:

Southpaw said:

I agree with both but the circus tent, for newcomers it doesnt make sense to get 2 mages at the same time - I speak of Aerie ofc. In fact, you will probably miss out of her now if you picked Neera over her.
    You might be right. But what Aerie?
    oh yea...you mean the ogre, that *pretends to be a beautiful elf*. I ain't falling for that.
    (lulz)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Southpaw: Not to get off on a tangent, but if someone makes a mod where Aerie is eventually revealed to have been an ogre all along, they will make me a very happy man.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    edited August 2013
    I want to see Dorn running the slavery ring. Instead of being all goody-two-shoes, you* can say nuts to Hendak, and partner up with Dorn for some extra income. Now that's evil!

My CHARNAME suggested to Rasaad that he run off and join the circus** so that's where I plan to find him :)

Neera... who knows? She turned herself into a squirrel and is gamboling around the fountains in the Government District. Bring peanuts.

*but not me, 'cause goody-two-shoes is how I roll
    **in a nice way
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Eejit said:

Perhaps Dorn will be hanging out with the Fallen Paladins. Maybe pals with Anarg and you can convince him to join you.

I hope for that, anything that give me an excuse to storm and kill paladins will be highly appreciated :)!

They all can be in new areas made for them on prupose, but who knows.

I see dorn in the following places:

- in the temple district fighting paladins and starting an automatic speech when you get near him.
    - With the fallen paladins, and with some hope, a way to change that quest cos the conclusion of the fallen paladin quest sucks.
    - Investigating the killer in the bridge district out of curiosity (or at least related with his deeds), maybe even being wrongly accused of the deeds and wanting vengance for that.
    - in the temple district working with talosites for some end (doubt of this one but, still...)
    - In the infernal plane where you land with the planar sphere, trapped there (that could lead to a lot of new content in that area).
    - hired by the evil lord in trademeet to poison the druid grove, so or you join him and make that quest in the evil way, or you don't get him at all.

Neera:

- Somehow i see her entraped in the twisted runes micro-plane, the one accessible by the door in the bridge district, but who knows.
    - Maybe in one of the forest areas that appear after chapter 6, but that would be a bit late game to get her, so maybe not.

Rasaad: His background says that he was in the slums in akhlata when his brother was "killed", so maybe after BG:EE he's going to get some answers from those events.

But, what i hope to exist, is some patron evolution for Dorn. In Ush Natha for example, would make a lot of sense if Dorn Betray his old demon patron in favor of the lesser demon lord there, after all he's a lot more powerful and his old patron isn't useful anymore.
    Patron evolutions would be awesome for Dorn (and pact with Demongorgon would be nice also, but i kinda doubt this to happen).
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

I'd like to see them in Suldanessellar.

This way, you can introduce three NEW NPCs for BG2:EE in Athkatla!

I'm pretty sure Dee already said there would be one entirely new NPC, in addition to Neera, Dorn and Rassad.

And to be honest, I want quality, not quantity. I know they can't do too much with regards to new NPC and old NPC interaction due to contract issues, but I really hope the new NPCs fit seamlessly into the BG 2 story, and hopefully interact at least a little with the old ones where appropriate.
    While I agree with you on quality over quantity, there are several conspicuously large holes in the NPC lineup. In that, I don't think that a blitzkrieg of NPCs is necessary, I do hope that we see more than simply Dorn/Neera/Rassad/Evil Thief-type out there.

As it stands, if I want to run a band of Bloody Mummers, my choices are pretty limited:

Viconia
    Edwin
    Korgan

Adding Dorn and the new (potential) evil thief type does round out the roster at 5, this is still no where near the list of options available to goodly parties. And for those of us who don't rush through chapter 2, Edwin and the new evil thief type are likely not going to be available for several hours of game play at least.

I am happy with whatever goodness they give us. I hope that they give us more than just those listed.
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Judging from what we've seen in BG:EE, I think the following are likely:

1: They will not be attached to any pre-existing quest. Instead, they will each have their own unique quest that will tie into their romance lines.

2: Their unique quests will not be immediately available, you'll have to wait for them to ask you for help.

3: They will be located near the beginning of the game, to allow enough time for enough of their romance talks to activate before they want you to go on their quest.

4: They will introduce a few new areas in relation to their quests. Since Rasaad and Neera already got a new area, I'm guessing that Dorn and the new NPC will have new areas.

Here are my guesses, spoilered for length and small BG2 spoilers:

Dorn:
    Dorn has finished with the vengeance that was his central storyline in BG:EE, so he'll be looking for something to do. I would say the Copper Coronet would be a good place, but it's a bit crowded, with Korgan, Anomen, and Nalia all being there already. As someone earlier said, there really isn't anything interesting in the City gates, so I'll guess that he is drowning his sorrows as he was in BG:EE.

Neera:
    Perpetually on the run, Neera will be in trouble and needing help as always, and potentially in a slightly comical fashion. Her quest to find a way to control her wild magic with Adoy's help was a failure in BG:EE, but gave her the idea that there may be magic items to help control or at least mitigate the effects of wild magic. So, she will be in Waukeen's Promenade, looking in the magic shops for helpful items. I'm thinking that when you walk by an un-enterable doorway along the northern edge of the promenade, she will come running out, followed by two ruffians who had been harassing her, followed by a pit fiend which she had accidentally summoned. The fiend kills the ruffians and then you must battle the fiend yourself. When the battle is finished, a couple cowled wizards with teleport in to "defend the public" from the demonic entity they detected. You'll have to lie to the wizards and say that Neera did not summon the demon, at which point she will join you.

Rasaad:
    Rasaad has history in Athkatla, if you will recall his story in BG:EE. He will still be looking for answers about why he was attacked by the Dark Moon Monks. I'm thinking he will be somewhere in the Docks, trying to find something out about the Shar sect, and failing. Recognizing you, he will reason that he is making little headway on his own, and that he will at least be doing great deeds at your side, and ask to join you. His quest will pick back up when you return from the Underdark.

New NPC:
    Rumor has it that the new NPC will be an evil female thief. Being a thief in Amn, it would be easy to assume that she will be a shadow thief. That's why I think she is indeed not a shadow thief, it's just too obvious. Rather, I'm guessing that she will be found in the Graveyard district, hoping to joing this new assassin's guild that she has heard about. Not wanting to be made into a vampire, she'll offer to joing with you instead, and she guesses that you have plenty of blood on your hands.
    @revaar, that was excellent. Especially Neera and new NPC. *Thumbs up*
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Hi,

I don't know if any information is available on this already, but I would love to speculate on how the new NPCs are introduced in BG2:EE.

Especially I'm curious about Dorn. Seeing as he was left to die in a dungeon by his former comrades, I'm thinking it would have a fitting ring to it if he did the same to CHARNAME to avoid being trapped in Irenicus' dungeon.

Rasaad would probably need a pretty good reason to return to Athkatla given his past there, I think.

When it comes to Neera she should definitely be hunted by the Cowled Wizards as well as the reds.

Ideas? Opinions?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The devs hinted a while back that all four of the new NPCs would be in Athkatla - the idea being that you can pick them up relatively early.