Alignment: Neutral Good

STR 14
    DEX 17
    CON 12
    INT 18
    WIS 9
    CHA 14

Background:

When asked about her past SHI'NAYNE says that her mother, Sharillae, died when she was a young child after they were fleeing from a drow hunting party. Shi'nayne was raised by King Hreidmar Stonecrusher and his wife Brynhildr as if she was one of their own. They did this out of honor, Shi'nayne's mother saved their oldest son Magnus from a drow hunting party that was pursuing her and he happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Sharillae had jumped on top of the young dwarf and took a poison tipped drow bolt in the back which proved to be fatal to her. Shi'nayne grew up in a loving home but she did have hardships, being a drow elf growing up in a dwarven city, step daughter of the king or not. One of the king's human friends, a wizard named Tarlach Velnaar, saw potential for magic in the young drow and took her in as an apprentice. Shi'nayne has become a powerful war wizard and has defended her adopted home many times. Over time she has become curious about adventuring and leaving the Stonecrusher Delve, but does not out of the sake of duty to the Stonecrusher Clan. She may be convinced to join your group if you prove yourselves worthy and get the permission from the king.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Race: Human
    Class: Paladin (Squire)
    Alignment: Lawful good

STR 16
    DEX 16
    CON 14
    INT 11
    WIS 15
    CHA 18

A young Squire in the Most Noble Order (blabla), whom you can take under your wing as an experienced and esteemed Paladin.
    She would start at a slightly lower level than the party and Paladin abilities would come as you progress through her storyline/training so to speak.
    Definately a romance option.

I guess the Saerileth mod kind of covers exactly this, but the quality of the sound files was so horrid i couldn't stand it. Had to play the mod with speech disabled and that's a bit dull.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited September 2013
    These are a pair that I used for one my many "all PC"-runs. Actually haven't used any NPCs the last ten or so games that I've played. And sometimes it's fun to come up with little back stories for your characters even if they're often really short. This is one of the more elaborate ones though.

Silvii
    Race: Half-Drow
    Class: Sorcerer
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

STR 9
    DEX 17
    CON 11
    INT 15
    WIS 12
    CHA 18

Hanessar (just made this up but could easily change it to a "real" drow name I guess)
    Race: Drow
    Class: Fighter/Mage

STR 15
    DEX 18
    CON 15
    INT 17
    WIS 11
    CHA 10

(Oh yea, I know "not more drow!" Well, at least they're not good aligned. :D )

Backstory:
    When a drow woman was leading a raiding party to intercept a group of elves transporting a valuable artifact things didn't go exactly as planned. The information they had bought turned out to differ slightly from reality in regard to the number of elves in the group - instead of four armed elves as reported there were ten of them. It was supposed to be a clean operation, eight drow, nine with the female leading them, just cut the elves down swiftly with no losses and return with the artifact.

Both sides took had many casualties, in fact only but three of the elves survived and among the drow only the female survived, left for dead by the surviving elves. Lying in the mud, covered in her own blood she wasn't going anywhere soon either way. Call it luck or a cruel twist of fate but a few hours after the incident, the sun slowly creeping up over the tree tops, three figures appear. Behind them is a small caravan with cages. Inside the cages are people.

She was patched up and taken to a healer with little scruples, only to be sold, for an extraordinary sum, to a brothel. The owner saw her as a very valuable piece of merchandise and took great measures in making sure she could not escape by any means. After a few years in service at this whorehouse the drow woman eventually was impregnated.

While all this is happening the drow house the woman belonged to has, for unrelated issues, been slowly deteriorating. Its members murdered one by one until only one was left, one of her sons, Hanessar. He managed to escape the city before joining the rest of his house in certain death. He fled for the surface to follow the tracks of his mater, and spent years on the surface looking for clues to her whereabouts.

As time passes the owner of the brothel becomes aware of child being carried by the drow woman, and he sees an opportunity to increase his incomes even further. Hoping the child will be a girl that he can eventually put to work as she becomes of age. Even if it's a boy he could probably find some use for him or even sell him off for some extra coin. He makes sure that the drow woman does not come to any harm, even by her own hand, that affect the birth of the child negatively. And the child is born, and it is named Silvii. The mother drow looks at the child with contempt and would take any opportunity she could to take slay her mongrel child. All her life Silvii is treated as an object, an object of hate by her mother and an object of pleasure for the patrons of the whorehouse. There was something special about her though, something that no one saw, before it was to late.

Meanwhile, her half-brother had managed collect enough clues to track down his mater. She was sold as a slave to a whorehouse in Calimshan. When he arrived all he could see was blackness. A big charred structure with thick ashen smoke billowing from everywhere. There was no live soul in sight, not until she crawled out, coughing and gasping for breath.

PS: I really don't know enough about the FR or D&D to write detailed stories about it but call it an attempt.
    Post edited by dib on
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I think we need a sorcerer in BG2:EE - I am also keeping the option open of finding her in BG:EE.

Mariëla (Mɑ-ri-e.-læ) - Elf, Female, Chaotic Good

Character Background: Mariëla is a young (~40 years) and rather naïve Elven sorceress from the Ardeep forest between Waterdeep and Daggerford. As a child she dreamed of becoming a Druid but gave it up because maintaining balance would mean she'd occasionally have to support Evil; however she learned to shapeshift into a Wolf once per day. Instead she chose to nurture her innate magical abilities. Putting the cause of Good above all, she is prone to disregarding rules (sometimes to her own undoing) and is not above breaking the law for a good cause.

Learning of Alaundo's prophesies and having disturbing dreams about her having a role in the matter, she traveled south to learn more of the prophesies in Candlekeep – only then to learn that she'd need to donate a book of great value to be allowed into the library fortress. Mariëla went to Baldur's Gate, hoping she could buy (or "borrow") a book of sufficient value in the city. In order to keep herself alive, and to make money for a suitable book, she has worked odd jobs (barmaid in the Elfsong, housemaid for Ramazith, etc.) but always found that her masters weren't exactly reputable (and, more often than not, had less than reputable designs on her!). When you meet her, she is therefore "between jobs", looking for employment in the largest store of knowledge in Baldur's Gate: the Hall of Wonders.

After the Iron Throne / Sarevok crisis in Baldur's Gate, Mariëla has learned that the Bhaalspawn Crisis will culminate further south in the Land of Tethyr. You can meet her again in Trademeet as she is traveling through on her way south.

Being an Wood Elf, she is rather suspicious of Dwarves and doesn't particularly like Half-Orcs either.

Class: Sorcerer (Level 4 in BG:EE, Level 9 in BG2:EE)

Stats:
    - STR: 9
    - CON: 15
    - DEX: 16
    - INT: 17
    - WIS: 10
    - CHA: 16

Appearance: Slender, even for an Elf, with light skin and light brown hair.

Proficiencies: Darts, Quarterstaffs

Special ability: Can shapeshift into a Wolf once per day (from level 11: Dread Wolf)

Romance: Yes. Will romance males except Dwarves and Half-Orcs.

How to find:
    - In BG:EE: In the Hall of Wonders in Western Baldur's Gate during the daytime.
    - In BG2:EE: In Trademeet near the fountain in the center of town.

Known spells when you find her:
    In BG:EE:
    - Level 1: Chromatic Orb, Armor, Blindness
    - Level 2: Mirror Image
    In BG2:EE:
    - Level 1: Chromatic Orb, Armor, Blindness, Magic Missile, Reflected Image
    - Level 2: Mirror Image, Deafness, Knock, Web
    - Level 3: Flame Arrow, Lightning Bolt, Slow
    - Level 4: Stoneskin

Relations with other NPCs

BG:EE

- Kagain: Mariëla doesn't like dwarves, especially evil ones. She will bicker with Kagain constantly, eventually leaving the party permanently (within about a week or so, game time). This may also happen in dungeons.
    - Yeslick: Still suspicious of dwarves, Mariëla at least tolerates Yeslick's presence in the party, though they will still bicker from time to time.
    - Shar-Teel: Despite Shar-Teel's evil disposition, Mariëla respects her for her independence and her ability to stand up to men.
    - Viconia: Is jealous of the pretty Drow but also respects her for her obvious inner strength.
    - Edwin: Mariëla hates the evil Conjurer and will eventually fight him to the death.
    - Kivan: She will initially flirt with him but learns (to her dismay) that he is still true to Deheriana's memory. If you wish to romance her, this must be handled diplomatically.

BG2:EE

- Korgan: Another evil dwarf! You have about one week (game time) to decide which of the two you want to keep; otherwise they will fight to the death. And yes, it might also happen in a dungeon.
    - Edwin: As in BG:EE – Mariëla hates the evil Conjurer and will eventually fight him to the death.
    - Viconia: Mariëla is still torn between her loathing of Viconia's evil disposition and her respect for her inner strength. If both the Mariëla and Viconia romances are active, she will ultimately give you the "Either she leaves or I leave!" line. You then have to boot Viccy, or Mariëla leaves. Kill either romance and they will at the very least get along.
    - Jaheira: Learning of Mariëla's original desire to become a Druid, Jaheira tries to teach her the ways of nature. The two women get along well, even if you romance one of them. While both romances are still active, they may bicker.
    - Aerie: As long as both romances are active, they will hate each other. Once you kill one of the romances, they get along.
    - Cernd: Also recognizes that Mariëla wanted to be a Druid and tries to teach her the ways of nature. Tries to romance her but she shies away from him after learning of his earlier relationship with Galia.

Having browsed a few hundred pictures on the net, I found this one by SulaMoon at DeviantArt best illustrates how I imagine Mariëla. All rights belong to the original artist.

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Silias Kato
    Male Human monk
    Lawful good (duh)
    Deity: Ilmater

Preferred Weapons: Katana, Staff, Darts, Unarmed

Stats: 14/14/14/10/16/10

Personal Equipment:

Background:
    There is something odd about the 'being' of this monk of the crying God as you observe him. When asked about his past, Silias gives a story that seems implausible, yet the account is somehow impossible to refute. He implies he was the hero of Neverwinter, when no other tale seems to recall his involvement, yet he is clearly a seasoned traveler and adventurer. His explanation for being here is also vague, as he has no recollection of ever traveling to Amn... nevertheless, he does not seem to question why, and says he is eager to explore and seek out chances to do some good. Perhaps there is a reason he finds himself in this land, and perhaps it involves aiding you.

Found in: Slums

Interactions with other NPCs
    Generally cordial, but has a strange sense of humour that confuses most. Jaheira and Minsc will get on fine with him, Mages such as Nalia, Imoen and Edwin will sense 'something' out of place in him, often trying to question his motives and nature.

Will add more later.
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited September 2013
    *A WARNING TO THOSE WHO ARE SENSITIVE OF ALL THINGS DISGUSTING: PROCEED WITH CAUTION.*

I don't know why, but this... thing... reminds me of the ghouls from PS:T. Yuck.

Morraghaine [moor-ra-gain] the Vile, NE female half-elf cancer mage

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Cancer_mage

Stats

Looks: Blond hair, green eyes, no lips, body coated in blood and dirt and feces, extremely emaciated
    Homeland: Unknown
    Current location: Athkatla Sewers

Introduction: As you enter one of the round chambers of the sewer, something falls from the ceiling; a large, seemingly formless lump of filth. As it hits the platform below, it cracks open like the shell of an egg - and the stench produced is powerful enough to nauseate you.

From this cocoon of excrement and other bodily fluids, a disgusting creature arises. It looks like a female human or elf at first glance... but surely, it cannot be? As this question burns within your mind, the women-thing looks directly into your tear-filled eyes, nay, your very soul. It looks amused for some reason.

How she works with the other NPC's: ...

Story: "You wisssh... wisssh... to know of Morraghaine... ssstrangest one? Nothing... inssside. Emptinessss. Must fill... with rot. With maggotsss... with death. Nothing... mattersss." Morraghaine's talons sink into the plump rat's abdomen. It soon stops to struggle and scream. "Ssshare it all then... with you. With all... all of you."
    Post edited by Sniiiimon on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I have my doubts about the existence of cancer mages, no offense meant, but do we have any official source for this?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Hm, we're kinda making up new kits either way, don't we? At least my version of the Chorister kit is different from the Songs & Silence mod. I see no problem with kits that don't really exist officially. Could always inspire a mod.
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    kamuizin said:

I have my doubts about the existence of cancer mages, no offense meant, but do we have any official source for this?

Book of Vile Darkness

edited September 2013
    @kamuizin

Yep, it's from the Book of Vile Darkness. And none taken. Official or not, I just wanted to create a vile NPC.

Edit: Speaking of which, now I just have one more NPC to go!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ahh, the Book of Vile Darkness... excellent. It's one of my dear favourite 3rd edition supply books for sure.
    Gotta love that Demonologist PrC and tasty Thrall of Juiblex PrC in that book! :3
    edited September 2013
    @Kamigoroshi

Yes, the BoVD is brilliant! I'm the kind of guy who usually enjoy being the good guy... but the book is simply delicious when in the mood or need for all things evil.

@Everyone

Phew. There. This is my last NPC for this thread. For now. I wanted to create one from each in-game race (I count Teer as a human... just because) and now I've done so.

Arry [ARRY] Melaro, TN male halfling shadowdancer

Stats:

Looks: Brown hair (with streaks of grey), ice-blue eyes, tan complexion
    Homeland: Luiren
    Current location: Adventure Mart, Waukeen's Promenade

Introduction: As you enter the so-called Adventure Mart, you spot several distinct individuals. One of them is a handsome halfling clad in an ugly and garish outfit. "Ribald, ol' buddy ol' pal! Whatcha want for this here dagger? It's MAGNIFICENT!" You cringe; the halfling is loud, too loud, and his shrill voice grating. Perhaps he's one of the clowns from the circus outside?

Personality: This middle-aged halfling is far more intelligent and deadly than he first seems to be. In truth, while he is still a fun-loving man, Arry can be just as serious and cold as the situation requires. He is fearless, adventurous and cares little for life if it "ain't no fun" - a far cry from most of his kin. He also enjoy pulling off pranks and hiding in places even a halfling should be unable to hide in.

In battle he dons a cloak of living shadows, and jumps, tumbles and teleports around faster than most can follow with their naked eyes. He strikes where his foes least expect it and only rarely do they see him coming.

How he works the other NPC's: He will romance Gordessa if you can't or won't. He and Mazzy however will not enjoy each other's company as they are just so radically different. Keldorn scoffs at his questionable attitude towards life. He becomes good friends with Yoshimo and Jan, who shares his love of, um, colorful clothes.

Story: He has traveled far and wide on many an adventure, but most of them haven't been very epic or even that dangerous. Arry has always been on his own... but now he's tired of that. He decides on a whim to travel with you. Or so you initially think. In truth, the reek of death coming from you is nigh-overwhelming for those that can sense it. This is why Arry comes with you: He's certain you can offer him the adventure of a lifetime.
    (Link to the full painting over at deviantart! :3)

Name: Mink
    Race: Half-Mercury Dragon/Half-Halfling
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class: Bard
    Deity: Hlal
    Preferred Weapon: Claws, Bite, Breath Weapon
    Preferred Fighting-Style: Singing
    Dislikes: Being alone.
    Romance Options: No way.
    Last Known Location: A new wilderness area, deep within the Forest of Tethir.

Ability Scores:
    Strength: 5
    Dexterity: 13
    Constitution: 11
    Intelligence: 7
    Wisdom: 6
    Charisma: 17

Young Half-Mercury Dragon Ability Adjustments:
    +1 Dexterity; +1 Constitution; +3 Charisma
    -5 Strength; -3 Intelligence; -4 Wisdom

Innate Half-Mercury Dragon Abilities:
    [spoiler]
    - As a half-mercury dragon, Mink is immune to fire and blindness. She also reveices a +3 bonus saving throw against light-based attacks and has infravision 90-feet.
    - Half-Mercury dragons have the innate ability to cast reflected image (once per two levels per day) and mirror image (twice per day).
    - Furthermore, she can use Dragon Fear (twice per day). Dragon fear aura inspires panic and fear. The fear radius is one yard per level and creatures with 1 HD or fewer than Mink will automatically flee in panic for 2d6 rounds. Creatures with HD equal to or greater than Mink are immune to the effect.
    - Due to Mink's magical nature, her claws and bite progressively becomes more and more potent to hit monsters with special weapon requirements. Note that these are not damage adjustments. The progression is as following:

Mink's Level Hits Creatures Requiring
    2 Silver Weapon
    4 +1 weapon
    6 +2 weapon
    8 +3 weapon
    10 +4 weapon
    12 +5 weapon
    - Her breath weapon is a beam of brilliant yellow light, which is 1/2 foot wide and strikes a linear path for heat damage. The heat of the beam is intense enough to ignite flammable objects that fail saving throws vs. Magical Fire with a +2 bonus. At 7th level, Mink uses her breath weapon with an additional dice of damage for every 2 levels and increases in range by an additional foot for every level aboth 7th. The breath has a combat initiative of +1. Mink can use her breath weapon ability twice per day and once every three combat rounds.
    - Like all half-mercury dragons, Mink reveices a +5% racial bonus on Pick Pockets.
    [/spoiler]

Background: Mink is a timid, 15 years old half-mercury dragon/half-halfing girl. Which means the human equivalence of both her mental and physical age is roughly that of a 7 years old child. She doesn't know her parents. In fact, she never even met them once in her life. Sixteen years ago, thieves broke into her dragon mother's lair in her absent. It is well known that dragon eggs fetch a high prize on the black market. And that's exactly what the burglars came for: the single egg in which the unborn Mink slept. The joy of the thieves from their successful hoard stealing quest didn't last long though, as suddenly the angrily mother dragon skydived right above them. Her wrath was merciless and terrible. But it was all for naught: her egg wasn't with the burglars at that time.

Mink's first memory is that of an old abandoned shack, located in the deepest parts of an ancient forest. Cold, hungry and all alone, the newborn walked its very first steps. The tiny half-dragon's goal: to get outside and look around, for starters. Slowly but surely, our little Mink explored the environment around her. It didn't take long for one of the more curious forest dwellers to take an interest in the half-dragon toddler.

Suddenly, Mink was startled by an elderly (yet still fairly mischief) faerie dragon. After he satisfied his curiousity by playing with the baby for a bit and gave her both a name (purely for his convenience's sake) and something to eat, the dragonet geezer decided to take the hapless half-dragon under his wings. He teached her many things: starting of how she could get her own food, the ability to speak and write in various languages, the ancient songs and stories of the draconic races, as well as some magic lessons to round it all up. As the years gone by and Mink grew older, so did the elderly faerie dragon. Eventually, the day of parting came. And with the natural death of the faerie dragon, Mink was alone once again.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I dunno, I think my aquatic elf sorcerer looking for his niece that ran away to be a surface dweller is the best one. When he finds her, it would be an emotional encounter.
    edited September 2013
    Okay, so I can't stay away from this thread.

@Kamigoroshi, I hope you don't mind if I steal your character-format-style? It is much more pleasant for the eyes than my own...

Name: Asheera [ah-SHEER-ah]
    Title(s): The Clanless One
    Race: Dragonborn
    Class: Cavalier (paladin)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Deity: Bahamut
    Weapon(s) of choice: Bastard sword and tower shield, breath weapon (ice-blue fire)
    Dislikes: Evil dragons
    Home: Sigil (formely Abeir)
    Current location: Unknown
    Romance option: No

Stats:

18/95

Abeir: A world so very similar and yet so very different from Toril. A world where dragons rule supreme and the gods are all but silent.

From this world the dragonborn hail. To these draconic humanoids honor means everything. To stain your own honor and that of your clan means nothing less than total condemnation.

This was the price Asheera had to pay for her worship of Bahamut.

As a child, Asheera loathed and feared all dragons, as most of her kin do. For what are the dragonborn but slaves under their tyranny?

As she grew older however a presence deep within her soul made itself heard. It was the voice of the Platinum Dragon himself.

Asheera was aghast and ashamed; what could Bahamut want with her? Did he wish to toy with her? To break her spirit utterly?

Instead he spoke to her with love in his voice; instead he showed her visions of freedom and happiness.

He told her that not all dragons are evil tyrants, that there are other worlds besides her own. "And I have chosen you, my child", he said with warmth. "To prove yourself worthy of becoming the herald of my return."

Slowly but surely Asheera began to trust the deity. And this trust would eventually grow into an unshakable faith in him.

When her clan and kin learned of all this, they cast her aside... and thus she became an outcast. A clanless dragonborn. Bahamut whispered to her: "You must let go of your shame. You must become stronger. Now go. I will show you the way to the city of Sigil... once you are there, my voice cannot reach you. But do not worry. You are never alone. I am with you always."

In Sigil she began to hone her body and her swordplay.

"I will find self-perfection. I will restore my honor. And I will do good in Your name."

Now at long last she is ready. She will travel the planes to the world that Bahamut showed her so long ago: Toril. Asheera's true destiny, whatever it may be, lies there.

edited September 2013
    Sure thing, @Sniiiimon. Anyone can use my NPC format if they wish to. Formatting any kind of texts has always been a pain in the pantaloons on these forums.
  • leddyhsleddyhs Member Posts: 54
    For the stats, I'd love to see humans with a lot of "borederline" stats where they can, with or without a tome, dualclass into something else. ;)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Harald

Race: Human
    Class: Assassin
    Weapons of choice: Daggers, Shortswords, Crossbows, Single Weapon Style

Stats:
    Str 17
    Dex 18
    Con 16
    Int 14
    Wis 10
    Cha 11

Background:
    You first meet Harald at the City Gates in Athkatla. He greets you with, "I have heard of you. You are capable and more importantly are about to leave town. I need to leave town for a while, and have skills you may find useful. Scouting, that sort of thing."

Biography:
    Harald does not look remarkable. While his hands are deft, his face is not particularly memorable and his simple clothes could belong to anyone. When he talks he does not waste words, and his accent has traces of Athkatla, Baldur's Gate and several other places. You cannot say for sure where he might come from. His normal appearance belies a bloody past and sinister choice of profession. As a young man he worked with a mercenary group until he found a role he excelled at, and his current vocation. Harald kills people for money. He is very good at it.

Until recently he had a loose association with the Shadow Thieves, but operated independently. A sharp dagger, light step and no remorse can make a man rich in the City of Coin. But it is a dangerous job, and one of these dangers has led him to travel with you.

His last job was for a fat merchant lord against a member of a rival consortium. He was given specific instructions of the time, place and methods to be used. This was meant to ensure it was public and a message was sent to other members of the rival group. Harald was suspicious, and with good reason. It was a trap, his mark was tipped off to win favor for the fat merchant. With a price on his head and a number of rich enemies in Athkatla, Harald says he needs some time out of town to think, and plan his next step.

Everyone loves an evil assassin, don't they? I've stolen ideas left, right and centre here. His name, and part of the concept of him looking very normal is stolen from Harry Palmer, the spy protagonist from the Ipcress File. The film's producers gave him a "boring name" to differentiate him from glamorous James Bond.
    I tried to give him the most "normal" portrait I could find. He's not metro-looking, nor is he a lantern-jawed hero, you wouldn't look twice if you saw him on the street. That's the point and one reason he's so good at his job.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    edited October 2013
    Karsi

Karsi

Female Deugar
    Fighter/Thief
    Lawful Neutral

Long Sword ++
    Crossbow ++
    Axe ++
    Club +(9)+(12)

Romance: Male or female shorties and Half Orcs.

15 Str
    17 Dex
    18 Con
    11 Int
    13 Wis
    9 Chr

Backstory: Deugar society is rough and militant. Karsi, while not the wildcard her kin my claim, was far from able to stay within the dark. Karsi however won't tell you anything about it.

Karsi took to the surface, knowing full well she didn't belong but often felt lonely and without a purpose. She now wanders, looking for odd jobs to earn some pay but won't divulge the deeper truth behind her past. She shrugs it off however and does say she misses her family, as cruel as life was down below.

I can't find all that much for Lady Dark Dwarf pictures...
    Post edited by Dazzu on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    For the reflexive character you mande, her int stat isn't much coherent @Dazzu.
    It's more a balancing feature, but 17 dex, the max for dwarves, it plenty of reflexes.

Her knowing that she wouldn't fit in isn't much smarts as it is intuition, hence the slightly above average wisdom. I suppose I could average her smarts out, but wouldn't go beyond 12.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Here's another hypothetical NPC based on a character I created.

Rhodanna - Archer
    imageimage

Str - 15
    Dex - 17
    Con - 15
    Int - 10
    Wis - 16
    Char - 18

Racial enemy - Spiders
    Special ability - Immune to poison

Where you find her - In the Friendly Arm Inn, but only after you've cleared the Nashkel Mines.

Her story - She grew up living on a farm with her parents and siblings, in a remote area of the Sword Coast. One day, her farm was overrun by giant spiders - she managed to escape into the woods, but the rest of her family was killed. Since then she has mastered the use of the longbow and has vowed to rid the Sword Coast of giant spiders.

In her many battles against spiders, she has survived several near-fatal bites (often gulping down a life-saving antidote just in the nick of time), and has developed a natural immunity to poison as a result.

Eventually she traces the source of the region's spider problem to a mysterious den in one of the northern forests. When you meet her, she is preparing to embark on a quest to destroy this den, and asks for you to accompany her. If you accept her into the party, you must destroy the Centeol's den within 14 days or she will leave. Once you have destroyed the den, she will agree to remain in your party from thereon in.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I think BG2 needs more demi-human women.

Alva Strongarms
    Female Dwarf (Shield Dwarf)
    Cleric
    Lawful Neutral
    Warhammer & Shield

Only daughter to King Anthrus Strongarms, the leader of clan Ironfang. The Ironfang dwarves have been involved in bloody warfare with the Duergar for over a century. The king is aging and looks to his daughter as his successor. Inspired by a vision of the Dwarven god Dumathoin, she leaves the Mountains of Alaoreum on a pilgrimage to the remains of Shanatar. There she is promised what she desires to drive back the Duergar and grant her people peace.

As a priest of Dumathoin, she is willing to give up her life to be a vessel for her god. By gaining his favour, she'll slowly become a Chosen of Dumathoin. A process where the body slowly calcifies, turning her into a priestly archlich of living, moving stone. While Charname is faced with the possibility of becoming a god, she's faced with an eternity filled with endless servitude to her god, king and people. She's pretty much your typical Cleric, except she gains the benefits of slowly turning into stone as she improves her level.

Upon meeting Charname at the Windspear Hills, the calcifying process has already begun. Her storyline involves her pilgrimage to become a warrior that can defend her people but also emerging doubts about her fate. The player could choose to encourage her decision or find a way to reverse the process.

Reia LaVaeste
    Female Half-Elf
    Paladin (Undead Hunter)
    Lawful Good
    Halberd

She is a member of the Order of the Silver Chalice, the fighting force of the demigoddess Siamorphe, stationed in Tethyr with the task of protecting Queen Zaranda. Her desire to protect the throne of Tethyr drives her every move and she is easily influenced via her piety. So when a prophecy is handed down to her from above, she dives into enacting it. Unfortunately the prophecy is actually a hitlist of several Bhaalspawn laced with the promise of her purging evil from Tethyr. Upon encountering Charname she has already smited several suspected Bhaalspawn off the list and begins to to make Charname the next vanquished one. When defeated she begs you to finish her off but you can spare her life by asking for her skills as a fighter. She decides to follow you with one eye watching your every move.

Despite being Lawful Good, she has alot of blood on her hands. By being spared by Charname she soon begins to doubt her purpose and the validity of her mission. As she learns that the Bhaalspawn saga isn't so black in white, her perspective of being a Paladin changes. She instead embarks on a journey of repentance. Eventually she finds the true identity of who wrote her false prophecy and used her devotion as a tool for murder.

Iblith Forgotten it's true name, so it has adopted a Drow insult as one.
    Female Gnome (Spriggan/Svirfneblin/Abomination)
    Fighter (Wizard Slayer)
    Chaotic Evil
    Unarmed (Natural Claws)

This creature ambushes you randomly in the Underdark. Each ambush grants you the chance to capture it and subsequently bind it into servitude or convincing it guide you. The creature speaks in a tongue foreign to you and will often resort to gesturing and grunting for communication. Upon traveling it will pick up some words of common language. Due to its' savage nature, it adopts the Wizard Slayer kit.

This NPC is more of an enigma or novelty character, with a personality crossed with Gollum and an intellectually stunted Ravel Puzzlewell. She was once a young svirfneblin from a nearby village that was captured by a mad drow mage who corrupted her mind and twisted her body into something resembling a Spriggan. She manages to break free from her captor but remains closely outside her old village and the Drow city of Ust Natha, as she struggles with a case of Stockholm Syndrome and a desire to kill all with magic potential to sate her need for vengeance. During her capture, she never knew the identity of the being that experimented on her, so she doesn't discriminates.

Helping her with her demons and giving her the chance to experience an emotion other than rage will change her alignment to Chaotic Neutral. Once a follower of Calladuran Smoothhands, she has now been lured into the arms of Urdlen. She manages to travel above the surface by disguising her identity with an eclectic mix of armor that hides everything but her long claws.
    This topic shouldnt die!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Agreed!
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited October 2013
    18++ idea
    female elf half-elf for more 18++
    evil more 18++
    cleric stats 15/15/10/17/13/17
    mage specialist 10/16/10/15/17/16
    assasin 16/17/10/14/14/17