Skip to content

Your BG2 EE Party

I am already planning out my first party for bg2 now that we are 2 months away. My lineup will be

PC - Cleric
Minsc
Yoshimo
Korgan
Jan

I am thinking about slotting in a caster to round it out, or may leave it open until my play through.

Who will your initial party consist of?

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I am also considering going with Viconia as my 6th and playing as a sorc with PC.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Don't know enough about the new features, like new kits etc. I'll reserve my planning for when I have all the information.

Don't know enough about the new features, like new kits etc. I'll reserve my planning for when I have all the information.

Strong plan! I am really anxious, and did the same thing a month or two before bg1 we came out. Is there any must have companions for your initial play through?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Easy. I can finally run with an all evil party, something that was never possible in BG2 without multiplayer/fake multiplayer.

PC - Jester
    Dorn
    Korgan
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Hexxat

Easy. I can finally run with an all evil party, something that was never possible in BG2 without multiplayer/fake multiplayer.

PC - Jester
    Dorn
    Korgan
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Hexxat

Who is Hexxat? That is one dastardly party!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The announced new evil thief.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Likewise: Sorcerer PC, Dorn, Korgan, Hexxat, Viconia and Edwin. Will likely sacrifice Korgan at the Hell Trials to leave a slot open for Sarevok.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Hrm...not sure.

My first game will be with my PC berserker (with the soundset of my character from Saints Row), but I'm torn between going with a classic Viconia romance or trying one of the new ones...probably Neera. So, I'm thinking...

PC
    Neera
    Rasaad
    Jan
    Minsc
    Viconia/Jaheira?
  • SearonixSearonix Member Posts: 15
    Good playthrough
    PC - Avenger
    Viconia
    Minsc
    Rasaad
    Imoen/Nalia
    Sarevok/Haer'dalis

Evil playthrough
    PC - Blade
    Hexxat
    Korgan
    CN Anomen
    Edwin
    Sarevok/Dorn

I'm not sure yet if I'll replace Dorn or someone else with Sarevok.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    Great Thread! I am also planning from now. For main, either Berserker dualled to Mage at level 10, or Beastmaster dualled to Cleric at level 12. But both present in party. And a Kensai dualled to Thief at level 13 (ideal level for dualling Kensai due to both bonuses applied at 12th level up). Those 3 of my creation.

For Npcs, Sarevok in expansion is my standard. For SoA, Viconia, Imoen only up until she gives a piece of her soul to revive Sarevok (and then dumping her in pocket plane, for me she has always been a dead weight burden), and Jaheira, Jaheira ONLY because some quests can be done exclusively with her in party and after said quests she is as good as dumped, and for the final slot i have not decided, maybe Mazzy or a self-made Avenger, probably one i will play through 1EE with.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    PC - Dragon disciple
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Anomen
    Yoshimo/Imoen
    Keldorn/Sarevok

Might be to many mages. Maybe I'll dump Imoen for Hexxat.

• CribbianCribbian Member Posts: 19
    PC Swashbuckler
    Neera
    Rasaad
    Jaheria
    Minsc
    Imoen/Yoshimo
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited September 2013
    The good
    PC
    Keldorn
    Jaheira
    Aerie
    Nalia
    Rasaad/Imoen

The bad
    PC
    Korgan
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Hexxat

The ugly
    PC
    Haer'dalis
    Neera
    Jan
    Cernd
    Anomen

• SearonixSearonix Member Posts: 15
    lol the ugly party has the most annoying NPC's together. Well I kind of like CN Anomen at least. Cern and Jan Jansen, ugh
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    PC (don't know yet, something tanky probably)
    Rasaad
    Aerie
    Neera
    Jan
    Imoen
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    PC- Cleric/Ranger
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Keldorn
    Valygar or Mazzy
    Imoen
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    I wish I could take all of them.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2013
    no idea ill see how it all comes togethor when i play and go for a more organic experiance if i can

i realy want to play with neera and hexxat though so theyll probably both make it in
  • CherudekCherudek Member Posts: 73
    I am conflicted. I want to try out all the new characters, but taking them all in my party would mean dropping Imoen, since I need a cleric. My good-aligned character can't just abandon her in Spellhold...
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Kensai/Mage
    Neera
    Aerie
    Imoen
    Minsc
    Jaheira

I may swap out Jaheira or Neera though... I don't like having too many girls in my party for some reason. Also concerned about a lack of a decent tank until Charname reaches fairly high levels.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    PC Ranger/cleric
    Minsk
    Valygor
    Yoshimo/ Imoen
    Aerie
    Open
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    My party is going to be:

PC Fighter/Thief
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Viconia
    Edwin(a)

And a rotating place that will eventually be the ToB NPC.

Since my PC is female, I think of the team pre-ToB as being Dorn and his Harem.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    PC (some sort of healer, maybe druid or cleric)
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Rasaad
    Neera
    for the 6th i'll probably cycle everyone in at some point or another to get all their stories and sidequests
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited September 2013
    Hm...

PC (Berserker/Druid or possibly straight Berserker)
    Dorn (romance!)
    Valygar/Mazzy (never used either, but I hear both are awesome)
    Viconia (possibly Anomen...)
    Yoshimo/Imoen (Maybe Hexxat depending on personality)
    Jan (probably... love that guy)

I'll probably drop Valygar/Mazzy in TOB for that NPC. And give him Imoen's soul so he talks about candy and his weight.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    I have so many final saves, i'm not sure which to take first or if should simply go 4 new NPCS + charname + imoen
    I forgot how awesome rasaad was going to be in BG2....now I'm having second thoughts. I'm really just going to need to have 3 games going at once.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    That's why I'm kind of hoping we can turn Rasaad into a Dark Moon Monk in BG2:EE - he'd make a great Evil substitute for Korgan...
    shawne said:

That's why I'm kind of hoping we can turn Rasaad into a Dark Moon Monk in BG2:EE - he'd make a great Evil substitute for Korgan...

That would be sweet. Now I want to start planning my evil party!! Haha
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I have all eight parties planned out already, but you guys probably aren't interested in all of them, so I'll just give the first one.

PC: Barbarian -> druid (w/ expanded dual-class mod)
    Dorn
    Haer'Dalis
    Viconia
    Imoen
    Neera

I'm unsure who I'll go with to be my substitute Imoen in the pre-spellhold portion of the game. Nalia would not get along with the rest of the party, I suspect, but then that might be pretty fun. Jan would be a better choice, but I'm not sure I can justify my PC tolerating him.