Skip to content

Does the Blackguard get anything special?

13»

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Kaltzor said:

You know... All the talk about Carsomyr, Personally I don't think it's all that awesome in the hands of a paladin...

But if you have a level 13+ Fighter that's a grand master in Two Handed Swords dualclassed to a Thief using it through Use Any Item...

Wow, you're saying if you use one of the game's most overpowered mechanics with one of the game's best weapons, your character will be really powerful? Amazing!
    SionIV said:

The Inquisitor will always be there to put the Blackguard to shame.

And I'll always be there to impale them on a poison smite-y greatsword.

SionIVFredjo
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    I would like to reiterate a critically important question...
    what is carsoymr's caster level for its dispell on strike ability?

What is Club of Detonation +5 caster level for its fireball on (sometimes) strike ability

What is Storm Star +5 caster level for its chain lightning on (sometimes) strike ability?
  • lamaroslamaros Member Posts: 139
    Kaigen said:

Ooh, somebody please do figure out what the base Unholy Reaver does. I'm terribly curious, now!

Based on what I can read, it looks like charm/dominate immunity and a 50% chance to dispel on hit, but there are a couple of flags I'm not 100% sure about.

So the description is just wrong in vanilla?
  • lamaros said:

Yep, they likely weren't concerned about getting the description perfect, since it's a weapon that's unusable by the player in vanilla.
  • lamaroslamaros Member Posts: 139
    Kaigen said:

lamaros said:

Yep, they likely weren't concerned about getting the description perfect, since it's a weapon that's unusable by the player in vanilla.
    Outside of rogues, who likely wouldn't choose it over other options.
    lamaros said:

Outside of rogues, who likely wouldn't choose it over other options.

Even then, it was implemented in SoA, while ToB was still just a twinkle in David Gaider's eye.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050

Kaltzor said:

You know... All the talk about Carsomyr, Personally I don't think it's all that awesome in the hands of a paladin...

But if you have a level 13+ Fighter that's a grand master in Two Handed Swords dualclassed to a Thief using it through Use Any Item...

Wow, you're saying if you use one of the game's most overpowered mechanics with one of the game's best weapons, your character will be really powerful? Amazing!
    Not really, I'm just saying that even Carsomyr doesn't really make a Paladin all that powerful in my opinion and there are better ways to use it...