Skip to content

Post your favorite screenshot!

Comments

• wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    And finally, the spellcasting menu
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I can't tell from those shots... are the spell book icons less blocky?
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    @agris If you mean the spells that have been written into the spell book, then no, they look the same to me. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, though, since the spell book doesn't really look blocky to me at all. Regardless, beyond the way that weapons look in your inventory, I don't think any icons are different in-game. I can post specific comparisons if you'd like, to confirm that. Can you put up a screenshot of what you mean?
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    @cmk24 It's at times like this I remember my most successful strategy from my original Baldur's Gate runs back in the 90's: Run for the map border and hope it de-spawns when you transition.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    Malicron said:

@cmk24 It's at times like this I remember my most successful strategy from my original Baldur's Gate runs back in the 90's: Run for the map border and hope it de-spawns when you transition.

In my experience, whenever surprised by an overpowering enemy I usually manage to beat him with the sheer power of determination. Somehow panicking combined with spontaneously employing the best of my personal tactics works out better than anything else.

On the other hand, a squad of Hobgoblin Elites effortlessly beats me to a pulp any day.
    Post edited by Basillicum on
    @wednesday I'm talking about the spell icons in the spell book specifically.

The icons in the spell book are more blocky than those overlaid onto the parchment graphic, and presented as spell scrolls. It looks as if the icons used for the spell book are 32x32, while for scrolls are 64x64 (this is a guess as to the absolute pixel density, I don't actually know).

I wish Beamdog would take the spell icons used for spell scrolls, and use those same icons for the spell book. Especially since, for scrolls, the spell icon is a discrete asset from the parchment graphic! They've already got a higher resolution version of the icon in the game assets, rendered without a defined background (This is what enabled Erephine to write up the "consistent spell scroll icons" component of 1pp v4.1.0- the spell icon itself is a discrete entity from the parchment background).

@CamDawg cuz.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think we're getting off topic here. Just to get things back on track:

Post your favorite screenshots here!

If you want to discuss something in greater detail, I encourage you to start a new thread.
    @Dee Message received. It's just that I keep bringing it up (yep, that's 4) and haven't heard anything. That's why I'm talking about it here.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Creepy, and a bit sad, too.
    Could someone post a screenshot of the new 'smooth' map borders? Thanks :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013

@Dino I'm not sure but is this what you were looking for? (this is the left bottom corner of the FAI map).
    It was. These little things really adds up!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    edited October 2013
    Now also with side borders.

Smooth! Smooth for everyone!
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    Looks really awesome.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Is this guy new? I found him on the map north of Nashkel. It's a different conversation to say the least.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    ^^^ He was definitely always there. I don't think the dialogue has changed.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Ah, okay. I never wander over to that side of the map. I meant different as in not usual, interesting, or weird. All of those would have been a better choice now that I look at it.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Is removing the lower UI border an option or is it completely gone for everyone?
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Silverstar It's still there. Here's a hidden-in-plain-sight-amidst-tutors Shadowdancer with no UI at all.image
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Kaigen said:

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, and I just stumbled on it myself: If you press the tab key to highlight containers and doors while the "Thievery" button is active on a character with Open Locks, locked containers will be highlighted in green instead of blue, making it easy to see where your thief is needed. This doesn't work with doors, just containers.

Very nice! that will come in handy... Also I see you Quick Save almost as much as I do ;)

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Kaigen said:

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, and I just stumbled on it myself: If you press the tab key to highlight containers and doors while the "Thievery" button is active on a character with Open Locks, locked containers will be highlighted in green instead of blue, making it easy to see where your thief is needed. This doesn't work with doors, just containers.

I've noticed it before, but it's inconsistent. That green highlighting doesn't always show up on locked containers, on pre-1.2 at least.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    @Corvino Yes!
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    @Mortianna I am pretty sure that studying magic makes your boobs grow regardless of starting gender. Case in point: Edwina.