Skip to content

Name my son! (Warning, may include maths)

pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
My wife has a parasite which has an appendage. We hope she will be recovered from this infestation in late January. At that point we will presumably be deemed responsible for its' welfare. Part of that will likely include giving it a handle by which it can be addressed. So far we like x Aneurin Nelson Taylor.

Please solve for x.
Post edited by pixie359 on
alnairDrugarAendaeronBluescaleMortiannaTJ_Hooker

Comments

• XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2013
    I'm a big fan of acronymic initials. How about Phillip (or any P-name) for PANT or Richard (or any R-name) for RANT. My daughter will be Victoria Allison Gant xD

Yes, perhaps too silly, but I couldn't resist. Your sardonic tone made me think you might enjoy something offbeat.
    pixie359Mortiannaalnair
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited October 2013
    the first name has URIN in it.... you can do better
    Fredjo
  • XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
    Also, since we're solving for "x", someone is bound to demand a "warning: math in this thread" disclaimer.
    Ugh, must stop and get more coffee.
    pixie359
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    @etagloc I hadn't noticed that, but you wouldn't pronounce it like urine thankfully. Plus, as a middle name, I assume it will be too ashamed of it to ever use it in public.
    @xanar I have had Soldier suggested for very similar reasons.
    Thread title updated.
    alnair
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @pixie359, is Taylor your last name? If not, could you tell us the initial? So we can try more acronyms!

It would be cool to create a recursive one... like e.g., if your last name begins with an E, Sante (that's a proper -albeit not very common- name in Italian, don't know how strange it sounds to you).
    @alnair Yep, Taylor is the last name. Although it is sometimes used as a first name. Hmm. Taylor Taylor.

Taylor Taylor.
    BaldursCatalnair
    Definitely sounds better than Tant Taylor... there goes my idea for a recursive acronym :/
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Lady Deathflower
    Mortianna
    What about Swift?
    (No, I'm kidding, don't do that... your son would hate us!)
    @Lateralus Lady Deathflower is a glorious name, but I'm afraid I'm not sure it suits a boy. Although Lord Deathflower doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
    Mortianna
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Carbos (after one of the first assassins in Candlekeep)
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    General, he would be General Aneurin Nelson Taylor
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    sarevok irenicus AneURIN Nelson Taylor.. thats one badass name
    pixie359 said:
    Always a pleasure!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You could go for Roger as a first name and encourage him to take up the drums. There's at least 2 different famous drummers called Roger Taylor.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    pixie359 said:

@Lateralus Lady Deathflower is a glorious name, but I'm afraid I'm not sure it suits a boy. Although Lord Deathflower doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Too late to get the gender changed?

How about...

Lord Reaver Wrath of the Forsaken Warlords of the Punishing Hammer of Death
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Parasite with an appendage...Nice way to talk about your son...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @pixie359 Remember this song in few months

AnduinalnairFredjo
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Tinker Taylor the Dragon Slayer?

Has a certain ring to it...

Terror Taylor of the Middle Middens?

Tarnesh Nelson Taylor (will get a complex he is going to get killed everytime he meets friends outsice a pub... Although TNT goes great when leaving your name at the arcades... Showed my age their...)

Terrible Traffic Taylor?

Dad Let Strangers Choose my name Taylor?

alnairBaldursCat

Parasite with an appendage...Nice way to talk about your son...

Just in case this needs said - it was a planned pregnancy, we are very happy, and will be bringing a healthy (as far as we can tell from the scans) baby into a loving and financially and socially secure family. All of the discussions around care and upbringing are happening in real life. The main thing for this child to worry about is that I spend too much time mucking around on the internet and have a terrible sense of humour.

Sorry if my flippancy seemed crude or offensive, it wasn't meant to be. If anything, it was a sign that I was happy for people to play around with the idea, which they have with great results.
    elminsterdeltagoAristillius
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    How about Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus? A lovely and short name, is it not? ;)
    alnair
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Can't you just call them 'Child One', and be done with it?:D
    Fredjo
    Oooh, why has nobody yet said The Nameless One?
    DrugarFinneousPJBaldursCatCrevsDaak