Skip to content

The name game.

Judging by the comments on the boards, Hexxat doesn't appear to be a particularly popular choice for the name of the new female thief NPC (and yes, I do realise I am making some pretty big assumptions here and in fact her name may not be Hexxat, she may not be a thief and she quite possibly isn't female).

Anyway, here's a challenge, if you were going to name a new female thief for BG2 what name would you choose?

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Cory
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Ms. Buttersnapper
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    hmmm..... i have 3 female character names and only one of them is a full name so ill use that...mianly because its the most memorable and if anyone plays NWN online and you recognize this....oh god >_>

Thrade Ma'Fessanellarewien ' T ' Shanalith
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Id def pick Hexxat over a cliché fantasy name.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    Awong124 said:

I have no problem with Hexxat.

i dont...but this thread is call the name game and i wanted to play.....im so lonely without BG2 T_T

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Well if it were up to me I'd replace her with Safana. I'd of course have her drop her BG2 Stupid-Evil Kit and become a Swashbuckler kit instead. Because piracy is sexier.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    How about Mildred, or Bertha?
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Thiefy McStealsalot

I suck at names and use random name generators alot...
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526

Well if it were up to me I'd replace her with Safana. I'd of course have her drop her BG2 Stupid-Evil Kit and become a Swashbuckler kit instead. Because piracy is sexier.

So basically... you want Isabela?
  • XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
    In keeping with fantasy traditions she really needs an apostrophe somewhere in there. He'xxat?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Lydiakalanirowealeekundemondisha. I imagine a thief with such a lovey name could very likely hail from Afyal, the Isle of the Elephant, which is a large isle kingdom at the eastern edge of Zakhara. Besides, more exotic NPC's native to other continents of Abeir-Toril might spice things up a bit.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493

So basically... you want Isabela?

Exactly!
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    A normal name would be kind of nice.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Someone in the the beta forums suggested Hex@
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Vervain
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    ajwz said:

Someone in the the beta forums suggested Hex@

How about !xobile?
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    .......Sexxcat?.... sorry...sigh
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    edited October 2013
    I'm kinda a fan of anagrams. Perhaps her name is going to be changed, but with the same letters?

Thexxa, Texxah, Xethxa, Haxxet (lol), Texhax, Hextax, The Axx, and my personal favorite, X.X. Heat.

@etagloc -- HeXXXat?
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited October 2013
    Hexxat kind of sounds like Hecate. Which sounds kind of like Tecate. So...

Tecate. Every time you say her name you have to take a drink =p
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited October 2013
    Hecksat.

Just kidding, I don't like Hexxat or anything similar. Judy? Large Marge? I don't know but Hexxat is terrible terrible with a double x for emphasis.

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    "Hexxat" sounds cool. Sort of like it came from that WarChasers map in WarCraft III. I like it.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited October 2013

Anyway, here's a challenge, if you were going to name a new female thief for BG2 what name would you choose?

ooooh! I know this one! I would name her...

Hexxat!?

• AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    For some reason, I can't disassociate Hexxat with Id Software's Hexen. So whenever I read her name, It conjures images of punching orc-things with a spiked gauntlet. God, now I feel really old.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    A first I thought Hexxat was hilarious. I still do, but it has grown on me a lot. I am sure that once I play the game it will be strange to think she was ever called something different.

But for posterity, I would have named her... Actually, I have no idea. Maybe Jane. XP
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    I kinda hope she is some kinda weird race, else the name is retarded ; D
    edited October 2013
    I definitely think the name sounds vaguely Infernal in that way devils and demons in Forgotten Realms have ludicrous-sounding villainy names, whether she is some kind of Tiefling or Devil or Demon remains to be seen.

Personally, I am hoping so just so she can get with the grand racial diversity of the Evil party, which has a half-orc, human, elf, and dwarf at the present.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Rather than infernal/abyssal, I think her name sounds more draconian or yuan-ti. Hm, might be fun to have a yuan-ti pureblood in your party.
    See, that would be super cool. I would heartily approve.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited October 2013
    etagloc said:

I kinda hope she is some kinda weird race, else the name is retarded ; D

I'm not up to speed on all the supplemental rulebooks, but I don't think you can do that. There isn't a race type called "retarded".