Skip to content

The most ridiculous stats you have rolled for a Baldur's Gate character?

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Sorry for the off-topic.

@Key_Strokes
    Thanks. Do you still have the link? Or at least the artist's name... I usually go to deviantart, and have seen some good stuff but I don't think I've seen that of yours.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of my roll, so I only have one of my first save. The highest I've gotten in BGEE is the same as the original version: 98 for a paladin.

I do recall getting 93s and 94s for some of my straight fighters, but I would spend hours rolling until I was completely satisfied with the stats. Gatekeeper and Shadowkeeper always felt like cheating...

102!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooaaaa!!!!!! Again, for an half-elf archer. I've been obsessed with archer class lately.hehe after distributing the stats, it looks like this:

Str - 18/89
    Dex - 18
    Con - 18
    Int - 18
    Wis - 15
    Cha - 15

Superior physical condition, genius-level intellect, very wise, very charismatic...truly worthy of being a demigod!

Must rest my index finger for a while though...
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    fredamora said:

102!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooaaaa!!!!!! Again, for an half-elf archer. I've been obsessed with archer class lately.hehe after distributing the stats, it looks like this:

Str - 18/89
    Dex - 18
    Con - 18
    Int - 18
    Wis - 15
    Cha - 15

Superior physical condition, genius-level intellect, very wise, very charismatic...truly worthy of being a demigod!

Must rest my index finger for a while though...

Hehe.. that's nice! good things definitely come to those who wait.. and I share your "obsession" for Archers, too :) !!!
  • EightgallonEightgallon Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    My blade got lucky as heck after 30 minutes of rolling

18 STR
    18 DEX
    17 CON
    18 INT
    15 WIS
    16 Char

Dual Wielding Stupifier, dagger of venom
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The best roll I've had is the 94 on my current Bard, who got:

15 STR
    18 DEX
    16 CON
    17 INT
    10 WIS
    18 CHA

Having a great time. Took me about 5 mins.
  • Key_StrokesKey_Strokes Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2012
    @fredamora: http://nebezial.deviantart.com/gallery/10002183 (portrait of my fighter/mage); http://michalivan.deviantart.com/gallery/ (portrait of my berserker/druid). I've used a few additional galleries but I can't find them in my history, alas.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Lawfull Neutral Monk.

Str 17 (18)
    Dex 18 (19)
    Con 17 (18)
    Int 12 (13)
    Wis 11 (13 and maybe 14)
    Cha 16 (17)

(with tomes)

Thats my current.

May have rolled higher in the past though.
    edited December 2012
    @Key_Strokes That's very kind of you. Thanks! Very nice find by the way!!
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    I just legitly rolled
    18/00
    I quickly clicked next.... never ever had a 00 and that many 18s
    @hammernanvil: ahh, the infamous reflexive-next-click. Ouch!
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    Isandir said:

Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of my roll, so I only have one of my first save. The highest I've gotten in BGEE is the same as the original version: 98 for a paladin.

I do recall getting 93s and 94s for some of my straight fighters, but I would spend hours rolling until I was completely satisfied with the stats. Gatekeeper and Shadowkeeper always felt like cheating...

Why waste points in int and wisdom? You could have had 18 to all stats that made a difference and at the end of the game ended up with a 19 in those stats. There are also 3 wisdom tomes in BG even though wisdom does nothing for a Paladin/Ranger. :)
    19/18/18/14/19/18 is a perfectly fine post-tome stat line; as much as the powergamer in me resists, I do hate dump stats for my player character.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    edited December 2012
    "Why waste points in int and wisdom? You could have had 18 to all stats that made a difference and at the end of the game ended up with a 19 in those stats. There are also 3 wisdom tomes in BG even though wisdom does nothing for a Paladin/Ranger. :)"

I have an unfortunate tendency to want to role play everything, so I couldn't bring myself to give him less than 13/16. I've tried the power gaming approach, but I find that I end up enjoying the games a lot less when I do, as I'm focusing entirely on stats and inventory, and ignoring the story.

• UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    Isandir said:

"Why waste points in int and wisdom? You could have had 18 to all stats that made a difference and at the end of the game ended up with a 19 in those stats. There are also 3 wisdom tomes in BG even though wisdom does nothing for a Paladin/Ranger. :)"

I have an unfortunate tendency to want to role play everything, so I couldn't bring myself to give him less than 13/16. I've tried the power gaming approach, but I find that I end up enjoying the games a lot less when I do, as I'm focusing entirely on stats and inventory, and ignoring the story.

I feel the same way sometimes, but usually the power gamer wins out. :)
  • Syn4u2cSyn4u2c Member Posts: 6
    Not on Baldur's Gate but Eye of the Beholder for the Game Boy Advanced. 101 stat points in total. Needless to say it was my thief. =]

Photobucket
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Elven Fighter/Mage

STR 18/84
    DEX 19
    CON 17
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 10

Best stats I've ever managed. And I've rolled a tooon of characters. Rolling for stats is kinda like a slot machine addiction for me . . .
  • James93James93 Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2013
    I got a 96 on a Conjurer, but it did take me a good hour or rolling.
    I previously got a 94 on three rolls, but lost that character to misclicking Import instead of Export...
    But it's good 'cause my Conjurer now has:
    Pretty sweet.
    Question: What is the "/00" that people put on the end of Strength?
  • vekkthvekkth Member Posts: 25
    18/98

pre-tomes stats for my new solo kensai called Takeshi
    I had better overall roll stored already (94 i think) but 18/98 was irresistible. Also had a 18/00 roll minutes before but it was only 74-76.
    Solo kensai is a lot of fun but i doubt that it is suitable for no-reload playthrough even with godly stats.

@James93: the /XX is referred to as exceptional strength, which provides fighter-type classes an additional strength table to follow for bonuses between strength 18 and 19. Stolen from a post @Nitsua made a few months ago, this table is drawn from the original BG2 manual and illustrates those bonuses.

• MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Not as amazing as some of the other ones posted here, but I've been rolling up characters trying to see what clicks for me for my first BG:EE run and I ended up with a super Sorceror on only my third dice roll. That Half-Elf is ready for the wish spell (If I continue on with him!).image
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    I think that's my best roll since I started playing BG/IWD ... (96 for my newly created Skald...took me 9 minutes *d00h*!)

Photobucket
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    96 so far for my elven sorcerer. But even with this much, it felt a bit, well... too much after the tomes... Just rolled a blackguard yesterday with 94 after managing to accidentally roll again after a 96...

But I really wanted to write here, cause I don't really get this thing going on here about INT... Fighters, thieves, ranger with 18 intellect? I'd rather put those points on charisma or wisdom. Sure it's a matter of preferences, but... eh :) I prefer my protagonist to be more wise and charismatic :) especially charismatic. Don't really like chars with low charisma, except if it's the core of their character being introverted.
    @ Senash You're right, it's preference. I'd prefer my character to be Smart rather than Charismatic (how i am in real life), no point being Charismatic if you have the Intelligence of an Orc.
  • KamehouseKamehouse Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2013
    This is one of the funniest threads in the forum. Better than the who-can-solo-whatever thread with all these i-am-the-best posts... ;-)

Many people here must have won in the lottery many times if they really had that luck. How many 18/00 with great stats... How many all-18-but-one-with-more-than-10... How many with a sum of 100 or more...

Well, as nobody can prove he got these values, one can't prove that everybody with a sum of 100 or whatever is lying, even this is usually the case. Just the liar saying he got a value less than 75 - what is technically impossible as the game works - or the liar having 18/00 strength values for non-fighters are definitively proven wrong (and proven being idiots to stupid to lie).

By the way, you need average 50,000 throws to get a sum of 100 or more... 5,000,000 to have a strength of 18/00 at the same time... Well, the chances are doubled by the fact that sums less than 75 are discarded and further increased because values not matching the requirements are rerolled, but it's still unrealistic to get these values.
    100 or more - 50,000 times
    101 or more - 500,000 times
    102 or more - 6,500,000 times
    103 or more - 85,000,000 times
    104 or more - 1,200,000,000 times
    105 or more - ...
    Good luck in reality!

So back to the topic. I can't tell my worst throw, because I discard these to fast to sum. The best I got so far was a 94 or 95 for a paladin, i think.

CU
    @Kamehouse Those are some Interesting Odds, but remember even if the chance is 1 in 9,999,999,999 rolls, you can still (if you are lucky as hell) get that roll within 100 rolls.
    Also, some people have been playing this game for years, i think i must've rolled a good 500 times in a row the other day, in one day.
    So if you've been playing this for years upon years, it's totally possible for someone to have rolled 50,000 times during the course of playing the game.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited January 2013
    18/75

score : 99 for an evil fighter that will be dualed to cleric

EDIT : 99 not 98 :p
    Post edited by Aasimar069 on
    @Aasimar069: It's 99, not 98.
    @James93: Yes, and all those lottery winner gathered here. Sorry, but there are to many sums much higher than 100 they all together could not roll playing a life time...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    If you say so...