Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

will BGEE make modding for the first part of the series more popular?

2»

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,326
    @Kerozevok - BG:EE will hopefully make more people either start or restart playing BG, thus vicariously reviving a modders' interest in the game as well as in modding it. It worked on old time modders like @Cuv, for example ;)

Having to install a pile of mods not for customization as much as to make the game look, sound and work the way it was always supposed to do was also a major drawback, together with poor new OS compatibility. BG:EE fixes these aspects and further improves on them, so the accessibility of the game should increase significantly.

Throw in a bunch of engine bugfixes, restored/ fixed opcodes and scripts that actually work (not to mention potential post-ship externalizations) and you have more modder-friendly and flexible title :)

CuvAndyrEpitomyofShynessGrieg
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    @AndreaColombo I agree with you, searched on the web and install over 10 mods is not very fun for a new player has just discovered the game. For that reason BGEE will become the reference in the next months.

But for the "revival of the modding", I am much less confident... Create / export a quest mod for BG1/2 or for BGEE, it's the same, it's no more easy or more difficult.

Throw in a bunch of engine bugfixes, restored/ fixed opcodes and scripts that actually work (not to mention potential post-ship externalizations) and you have more modder-friendly and flexible title :)

It's great, but the problem remain the export, a tool without GUI (and without read-me) is not user-friendly for a beginner.

Post edited by Kerozevok on