Skip to content

will BGEE make modding for the first part of the series more popular?

2»

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Kerozevok - BG:EE will hopefully make more people either start or restart playing BG, thus vicariously reviving a modders' interest in the game as well as in modding it. It worked on old time modders like @Cuv, for example ;)

Having to install a pile of mods not for customization as much as to make the game look, sound and work the way it was always supposed to do was also a major drawback, together with poor new OS compatibility. BG:EE fixes these aspects and further improves on them, so the accessibility of the game should increase significantly.

Throw in a bunch of engine bugfixes, restored/ fixed opcodes and scripts that actually work (not to mention potential post-ship externalizations) and you have more modder-friendly and flexible title :)
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    @AndreaColombo I agree with you, searched on the web and install over 10 mods is not very fun for a new player has just discovered the game. For that reason BGEE will become the reference in the next months.

But for the "revival of the modding", I am much less confident... Create / export a quest mod for BG1/2 or for BGEE, it's the same, it's no more easy or more difficult.

Throw in a bunch of engine bugfixes, restored/ fixed opcodes and scripts that actually work (not to mention potential post-ship externalizations) and you have more modder-friendly and flexible title :)

It's great, but the problem remain the export, a tool without GUI (and without read-me) is not user-friendly for a beginner.
    Post edited by Kerozevok on