Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    Balquo said:

@elminster Do you have a save just before the quest?

I do. I was just testing my before save in the meantime and it worked.

*Shrugs shoulders*

Maybe one of the ones on the lower floor panicked, fled out the door, and kept on running haha. That or perhaps I missed one on the top floor (I don't see how this is possible frankly) and then when I left and rested it was desummoned.

@Sed I'm on a mac. I'm far too lazy to figure out what is involved in installing it on here. I do not have any mods active.
    Before save
    edited October 2013
    As for how I killed them. The top floor I peppered with Stinking Cloud and then fireballed/skull trapped them to death. I used both spells and Wands of Fire to do it. I may have used a Wand of Frost also but to be honest I can't recall if the frost attack was enough to actually kill that particular doppleganger rather than just damage it.

Bottom floor was more one on one. I think I used a haste spell from Xan but that was about it.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Did you kill Zorl or Irlentree before they changed form?
    edited October 2013
    Nope (which is one of the reasons I was unsure if it at all related to #1175).
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    I've had the "there are still more doppelgangers" dialog happen in vanilla installs way back in the day so I believe this is a long standing bug/quirk.
  • I may have run into that bug pre-beta (which means this input is of questionable usefulness) but when my friends and I had difficulty solving the Merchant League quest during a multiplayer game, we thought it might have been broken by talking to Brandilar or Aldeth at the wrong time.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Kaigen said:

I may have run into that bug pre-beta (which means this input is of questionable usefulness) but when my friends and I had difficulty solving the Merchant League quest during a multiplayer game, we thought it might have been broken by talking to Brandilar or Aldeth at the wrong time.

The last time I finished this quest I noticed that Brandilar's dialogue is reset if Aldeth tells you to talk to Brandilar. Meaning you can talk to Brandilar and inform him of your mission, then talk to Aldeth who will ask you to speak with Brandilar, who then speaks to you as if you haven't spoken to him at all yet.
  • The last time I finished this quest I noticed that Brandilar's dialogue is reset if Aldeth tells you to talk to Brandilar. Meaning you can talk to Brandilar and inform him of your mission, then talk to Aldeth who will ask you to speak with Brandilar, who then speaks to you as if you haven't spoken to him at all yet.

Maybe if you reset Brandilar after killing all of the dopplegangers at his suggestion, it breaks the quest?

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The Brandilar issues has been fixed in the beta.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Did Aldeth's quest 2 hours ago and everything was fine; First I talked to Brandilar, then to Aldeth, script went to the 3rd floor, killed them all, then talked to Brandilar again and lastly to Aldeth, who gave me reward.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    edited October 2013
    Is there ANY way that you will patch BGEE before BG2EE release? Seriously, you are the slowest team i've ever seen...
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013
    manero said:

Is there ANY way that you will patch BGEE before BG2EE release? Seriously, you are the slowest team i've ever seen...

@manero
    Once the last quests have been tested by players they are, as far as I know, ready to release the public beta. The tests are being done by us players and if you want to speed things up (or just get beta access) just send Dee an email following the instructions on the first page and/or encourage other to do the same. (They must have bought the game directly from Beamdog though.)

Post edited by Vintrastorm on
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83

manero said:

@manero
    Once the last quests have been tested by players they are ready to release the public beta. The tests are being done by us players and if you want to speed things up (or just get beta access) just send Dee an email following the instructions on the first page and/or encourage other to do the same. (They must have bought the game directly from Beamdog though.)

What about phase 4 -multiplayer? or was it a joke? Damn i hope this patch is worth the waiting
    Leon said:

What about phase 4 -multiplayer? or was it a joke? Damn i hope this patch is worth the waiting

From what I understand it is open beta and phase 4 at the same time.

• ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    So why testing quests stucked on (679 / 721)?
    ThimGrim said:

@ThimGrim
    Probably because 1. they need people to test the remaining quests in order to get at least 10 confirmed positives on every quest. 2. because they haven't had time to update yet (they updated just the other day).

You can help by applying for beta (if elligible), doing the quest posted by Dee a couple of posts over, and report back
  • greckoboygreckoboy Member Posts: 33
    Hey everyone, is it intentional for spell sounds to fade as you get closer to the edge of a map? Right now, I don't hear them at all when I cast spells at any of the map edges. The sounds work alright when I'm away from the edge. If I move a small distance from the map (an inch or two away when fully zoomed out) I can sometimes hear the casting voice but not the sound effects from the spell, and sometimes vice versa. Anyone else has the same issue?
    @greckoboy I think that applies to all sounds when your near the edge of the map and using high resolution. As far as I know it's because your characters move away from the center of your view, in the same way the sounds fade when you move your "camera" away from your party.
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    How long is the next stage (open beta / multiplayer test) is expected to take once the quest testing is done?

Sorry if we sound impatient, but I've been waiting for EE to be playable without bugs for what feels like ages by now...
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148

ThimGrim said:

There are 42 outstanding checks remaining. A requirement of 10 positive, bug-free responses for said 42 checks.

That's 420 verified good-to-go checks in total.
    I hope at least 200-ish checks have already arrived :|

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    just a curious question.. all these bugs, where they also in vanilla BG ?
    Saradas said:

ThimGrim said:

There are 42 outstanding checks remaining. A requirement of 10 positive, bug-free responses for said 42 checks.

That's 420 verified good-to-go checks in total.
    I hope at least 200-ish checks have already arrived :|

I did the raiding on all areas (and one or two extra) on all but the last 2 areas listed by Dee, so hopefully it will soon be finished. :)

edited October 2013

lordkim said:

just a curious question.. all these bugs, where they also in vanilla BG ?

Of course not.
    Not all, but many of them were.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited October 2013
    well im not restless , just curious ;)

thx for the answers :O)
  • christian1715christian1715 Member Posts: 8
    What is the Phase IV?

What is the Phase IV?

Multiplayer testing.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    can I create a new game and just increase the global variable of chapter to reach Baldur's Gate and test the remaining quests?
    Saradas said:

can I create a new game and just increase the global variable of chapter to reach Baldur's Gate and test the remaining quests?

You should be able to. I'm not sure that many of the remaining things need much of that. You should be able to just use "MoveToArea" to test out all the house raiding for instance.
This discussion has been closed.