Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    Itomon said:

I am super happy to be part of it! Good job you all (testes, devs, hamsters, rangers and everybody!)!!

Heh heh testes... I mean testees!
    Dee said:

New update to the beta. This one's a biggie, so be sure to check out the Update List.

Wooo! It definitely looks testes! I mean tasty!
    FlashburnelminsterJairyanna
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Thunder said:

Thunder said:

Deio said:

Any reason why the bugreporting is going so slowly? I think I've probably reported on more than 500 of the "events" in the form.

Probably because they want more than a few reports per quest to make sure it works.
    That makes no sense and you're giving "thunder" a bad name. -_-
    I'm sorry that you feel that way old man.
    Old man? What are you talking about? You failure...
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Yessssss yesyesyesyesyesyes. I LOVE the new custom portrait interface!

Hexxat is a real qt 3.14 too.
    elminsterJairyannaJuliusBorisovlolien
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Dee I dunno what you guys did with that last update but my characters suddenly aren't taking damage and my portraits are splitting into two, Plus Rasaad has died but hasn't left party ugh!
    Can i send you the saved game so you can take a look?
    Ok seems my characters die but they aren't showing any red damage on the portrait screen to the right
    Just checked the non-beta version and its fine, its just the beta version.
    Also have checked different saved games and its the problem with all of them on beta version

So a summary of the problems are
    No red damage visible, however I am taking damage as I can die and lose characters
    When damage is taken the portrait splits into two and overlaps
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yep, we're aware of that issue; we should have it fixed soon.
  • KhailKhail Member Posts: 9
    I just jumped into the game and noticed the same issue on beta. Damage to my party moves a second portrait overlapping the first instead of the usual red fill on the portrait.
  • RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
    Eta = ?

:x
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    Should be there now...
  • jpersinnejpersinne Member Posts: 23
    Jeez guys, quit making the game awesome.

Last night I dreamt of you; I dreamt that I was applying for the beta, because I really wanted to play. Now, I can't in good-conscience actually do that, because I know I'd be too busy having fun to track down any of your bugs. But the fact still stands: this looks awesome, and I really want to play with it.

Please keep up the good work.
    IllustairMessiCameronTofer
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Some really nice progress is the raw numbers of the topic. Also been reading the updates, seems all good.

Thanks for the effort beta testers and crew. :) I must say one of my biggest gripes when playing bg is that I always have to check online when I'm either not sure something broke, was only half implemented or if I just missed something.

The thorough testing will give me peace of mind during my last play-through before BG2EE and will definitely up my experience, so I'm all for it.
    MessiCameronTofer
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    So just less than 100 quests to check, and beta for everyone?
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    When the 1.2 update is finished will it be sold directly with the game on Beamdog or will it remain a separate file that is optional to download?
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    It'll be part of the game.

It's a patch. It would make no sense to make the patch optional.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244

ThimGrim said:

So just less than 100 quests to check, and beta for everyone?

A requirement of 10 responses for each remaining check must be met, then Phase 4 will begin.

so what exactly is phase 4? and how many will there be? was hoping patch was almost ready :(
  • If your game is already installed, you'll get an "apply update" button on the launcher, so if you decide you want to finish your current playthrough before updating (for example) you can hold off. New installations will automatically be brought up to the latest patch, though.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

so what exactly is phase 4? and how many will there be? was hoping patch was almost ready :(

Phase 4 will be multiplayer testing. AFAIK it is the last phase.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013
    Come oooon last 100 quest! Be tested by 10 different people nooooow! :)

Btw, @Dee is it just "any" 10 users that can test them or has enough testing been done on certain computer configurations (for example Macbook X or Dell Y) and do not count?

I am on a 13 inch 2012 macbook air and realised that if I spend as much time playing BG:EE as I do hanging around in the forum then I might be able to do a few quests. :) I'll just console to Baldurs Gate and get to work. :)

I also have an old 2008/2009 macbook pro so if I'd have enough time I just might test on that too.

Edit: I just sent you a BETA ACCESS e-mail.
    Post edited by Vintrastorm on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're done with hardware testing, so if you can run the game your tests are valid for the purposes of Phase III.
    Vintrastorm
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Not really the last 100 quests but something like ~15 real quests and ~5 NPC joins. It makes sense that that requires proper testing. The other ~70 open issues are raiding/stealing from houses for which I do not understand that they really need 10 verifications, however, if the development team deems it necessary, then we just have to wait for it.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013
    Dee said:

We're done with hardware testing, so if you can run the game your tests are valid for the purposes of Phase III.

@Dee
    All I need is beta access, afaik. :-) The beamdog mail that you want is the same that I use to download BG:EE and to log in to Beamdog, right?

Please just let me know when I get Beta access, (and if my mail went through). I just checked the launcher but nothing yet. :)
  • Dronovich_mskDronovich_msk Member Posts: 45
    will be the patch ready during next 1 or 2 weeks on ipad?
    Vintrastorm
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    @Dee my game crashed while fighting on the chessboard in Durlag's Tower. Basically charname had just died, there were two lightning bolts flying, and couple confused chars, etc. So a big battle. I've attached the crash dump, and my save from just before the fight.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited October 2013
    Messi said:

@Dee my game crashed while fighting on the chessboard in Durlag's Tower. Basically charname had just died, there were two lightning bolts flying, and couple confused chars, etc. So a big battle. I've attached the crash dump, and my save from just before the fight.

@Dee could you please grant particular attention to the chessboard? I remember some months ago, before the legal mess, I was doing a no-reload run. I was very near to the end of the game, and I came to that chessboard. Well, at a certain point of the battle, the main character simply insta-died, without apparent reason. He didn't move from his square, as far as I remember he didn't get any blow or lightning bolt, he simply.. died. I remember I tried many times to reproduce that event, running along the board and doing other things, but with no luck. With great frustration, my no-reload run was over. I would be grateful if you check that particular event, since now I'm afraid to go there..
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited October 2013
    I got another weirdness in that fight. Shar-Teel had the confused orb over her head, but was still completely in my control.

Here's a pic from my combat log. The spell against, at least most of those, saves are being made against is Horror, and the potion she drinks is Potion of Healing.

I've also attached my save from after the fight where she still has her new head piece, but is completely fine otherwise.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited October 2013
    @Massi, had she some kind of Immunity to fear? If so, this last issue is already in the tracker (#5899).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Just got to Baldur's Gate and am going to start testing those 90 remaining things. I recruited Yeslick, Quayle and Eldoth (for Skie). The only bug so far was on 3F of Cloakwood mines, where Dorn seemed to glitch through a solid wall. I couldn't reproduce it, though.
This discussion has been closed.