Skip to content

A charismatic front-liner with specials

13»

Comments

• KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    Good to know. This is the first time I'm hearing about the Cha bonus to shopping.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I noticed a difference going from 20 to 21, but I could always be crazy.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited October 2013
    I like to use Bows and Quarterstaff with my Stalkers and change their visual style to that of a thief, just for the hood they have. I like to look cool. ;) Having someone with fighter thaco and crushing damage is very useful when facing golems and the like.

My tactic is to scout the next enemy group, let my party tank agro the enemy, and then backstab the mage. Unlike thieves, I can just continue to attack normally after I'm revealed and once you have at least 19 str, enemy mages will be lucky if they can even get a spell casted before they die.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Kneller said:

According to the PnP rules for that edition, a Ranger only gets minor access (levels 1-3) to some druid spheres. In BG, they get everything.

Side note, does charisma actually matter for a sorcerer? Or, because a sorc doesn't need Int like a mage, you figured you might as well have him be the face? And, actually, does charisma even matter for shops? I thought that was all determined by Rep.

I usually take a best out of 10 (or if I plan to dual, best out of 20) roll. So the thief/fighter and ranger/cleric didn't have the points left for charisma (87 and 90). That's why the sorcerer is the shopface; started with 15 charisma, with tome and cloak, its 18 and in doubt, Friendship from scrolls for expensive purchases.

I rarely play any rangers because I usually run all evil parties, so I don't know what ranger/clerics get on higher levels (and frankly, not even when, what or how many spells pure rangers get). I just find it very easy to resist the druid spells - it's not even "resisting" because I'm not tempted. Usually my clerics are tank-only with shield and hammer or mace, so I'm probably just too distracted with the enjoyment of a dual wielding damage dealing cleric to even bother with druid spells.