Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    My evil play through of bg1 will be put on the back burner. I do think I'll have to go grab a few items and get them in my inventory (golden pantaloons ect) and do a new final save for my lawful good play through.

Anytime @Quartz, anytime.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    CoryNewb said:

My evil play through of bg1 will be put on the back burner. I do think I'll have to go grab a few items and get them in my inventory (golden pantaloons ect) and do a new final save for my lawful good play through.

Anytime @Quartz, anytime.

I'm still trying to decide whether to do evil or good playthrough first. Leaning on the evil side atm since Dorn is lot more interesting character for me than Neera or Rasaad. Also Hexxat is most likely delightfully evil!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Hexxat, Dorn, and Neera will be in my party for my evil playthrough.

I wanted to try and play through rasaads quests on bg1 before trying him out in bg2...but we will see.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    GemHound said:

To be honest, what I can't wait for is to import and play with my 4 to 5 characters I have cued up for BG2EE.

Four to five? Dang! I've only got one ready, and another that I'm working on right now.

I do what I want, my Swashbuckler pretty much functions like a normal Thief sans backstabs he just happens to hit everything, not get hit himself, and do lots of damage. Because jumping right into dual-wielding in BG:EE seems boring to me.
    Mike said:

Looking forward to Irenicus telling me how awesome I am at the beginning of the game whilst torturing me. Hope that didn't sound to masochistic...

Not masochistic, but maybe a little sexual.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I've obtained my BG2EE goal of pre ordering it today! :) now I look forward to pre loading it to avoid the traffic. anybody know when we should expect pre loading?
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Looking forward for my Swashbuckler (one of my most favorite classes) to meet Hexxat. Perhaps I'll also try one of the romances everyone talks about and I never really bothered to go deep into.

With my luck, Hexxat will be a lesbian unable to romance hunky male humans...
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Southpaw said:

Southpaw said:

With my luck, Hexxat will be a lesbian unable to romance hunky male humans...

I thought you were an Illithid? D:
    2nd edition Illithid = male ;-) ... who vaguely looks like a human. Under a passing light (preferrably none)... Come on, we all have some hobbies...
    I was under the impression that Illithids were hermaphroditic. Was that a later extrapolation in 3E?
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Really hope it has new portraits, new voicesets, new kits/new abilities, and lots of new content

Last "new Portraits" on BG:EE wasn't nearly enough

Otherwise I don't think I'll buy..
  • sylvanussylvanus Member Posts: 27
    Looking forward to new HLA, new items, and especially to my avenger killing faldorn again
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Please let me pay $50 for a DLC of Baeloth. Or someone make a mod that brings him in.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think the big question here is what will sell more copies on the 15th: BG2:EE or the PS4?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    ajwz said:

I think the big question here is what will sell more copies on the 15th: BG2:EE or the PS4?

Realistically, I think we all know the answer to that question. :P

Personally I'm just plain waiting on the next-gen race. PS4 seems like a far better console but Xbox One is getting all the good exclusives. So very frustrating.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited November 2013
    @Quartz Lol, um, I think you would die horribly while it takes over your body and transforms your organs and flesh into a new Illithid. Not exactly fun, unless you're into that sort of thing.

The whole Illithid ceremorphosis process reminds me of the brain worms in The Wrath of Khan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXenL7iu0w
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Everything, i never played through it.
  • SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    Mortianna said:

@Quartz Lol, um, I think you would die horribly while it takes over your body and transforms your organs and flesh into a new Illithid. Not exactly fun, unless you're into that sort of thing.

The whole Illithid ceremorphosis process reminds me of the brain worms in The Wrath of Khan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXenL7iu0w

Baldur's Gate and Star Trek II linked together? My life has come full circle...

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Kennis said:

Please let me pay $50 for a DLC of Baeloth. Or someone make a mod that brings him in.

NO. NO MORE BAELOTH DIALOGUE. All the alliteration... You don't know, you couldn't possibly understand... I've got a wife. I've got a dog and two cats. WE CAN'T GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN.

(And that's coming from someone who didn't even write that *much* Baeloth dialogue...)
    Ahem. I write alliteration for fun, I think you're overstating the problem. ^_~

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22604/veraka-s-saga-spoilers#latest
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    According to Steam its approximately 3 days and 16 hours until release. If I'm not mistaken that would put their release (not necessarily the same as Beamdog's) around 1pm Edmonton time.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Four days eh? What to do, what to do??!?!!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    elminster said:

According to Steam its approximately 3 days and 16 hours until release. If I'm not mistaken that would put their release (not necessarily the same as Beamdog's) around 1pm Edmonton time.

Bah, I was hoping for a midnight release, since I work nights but just happen to have that night off (no, I didn't use vacation :P )
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606

Kennis said:

NO. NO MORE BAELOTH DIALOGUE. All the alliteration... You don't know, you couldn't possibly understand... I've got a wife. I've got a dog and two cats. WE CAN'T GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN.

(And that's coming from someone who didn't even write that *much* Baeloth dialogue...)
    You guys really painted yourselves into a corner with that one didn't you? It could have been worse, what if every sentence had to be a palindrome? ;)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Damn that is 5 over hear. Same as last year, so I might not be playing until 6 if I preload then have server problems. Hopefully no server problems so that I can play around 5.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

Damn that is 5 over hear. Same as last year, so I might not be playing until 6 if I preload then have server problems. Hopefully no server problems so that I can play around 5.

Don't complain that's like 9 pm here. So unless Beamdog is nice to us Euros, the launch day for us is really Saturday. :(

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    So that's Saturday evening for us Old Continent folks?
    Unfortunate. Dinner with family that evening, D&D all day on sunday. Ah well, at least I won't be bothered by inevitable server issues.
  • KazugaKazuga Member Posts: 38
    Can't wait, have played BG2+ToB like 500hours+. im exited to play this amazing game again after Year's...