Skip to content

Average BG gamer age

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2012
    I lot of other posters have already pointed this out, but we've created a beautiful, classical bell-shaped curve here.

EDIT: slightly skewed to the left, where left is younger and right is older.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284

39 and feeling all my years ... 8D

Same here :).
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I figured I'd fall on the younger side as I first got a hold of this game when I was still fairly young (I was only 15 then) and almost no one my age liked it. Glad to see I'm right in the middle!
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Although when I first bought it I was 13.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I love these age related polls reminds me of what a kid I was back when this game first came out - why I was barely 50...

Birthday this week is dedicated to the Beatles - When I'm 64...
  • _N8__N8_ Member Posts: 77
    Played PnP a year or 2 before playing BG, with the greatest DM I've ever had the pleasure of playing with (friend's dad). This is what triggered by passion for D&d. But I still have plenty of nostalgia for BG! Best rpg ever!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2012
    'Was 12 when I first bought it... still love it!
    It's incredible how many of us actually learned English by playing it - there were no translated versions at the time.

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2012
    I remember installing the six-CD set in 1999. It was on my first computer that had only 8 GB of memory. Today, my thumb drive has four times that.

I also remember playing the Atari 2600 when I was in grade school. It was all we had and we liked it!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Atari ruled the market for a time :), i remember the formula 1 speed car game from atary, where the street apparently move instead of the car :)! But that was a long time ago, i had 4 years more or less, soon after came master system.
  • balalaika86balalaika86 Member Posts: 20
    Baldur's Gate 2 was the second wRPG I played, Fallout 2 the first. I think I was 13 when I tried the demo, and bought it some months later.
  • AyurukAyuruk Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2012
    27, though I think I was about 13 when I started playing bg
  • ZraenianZraenian Member Posts: 26
    Its only logical that most of the voters are in the 25-29, 30-34 section since the game is 14 years old, and most people in their teens early 20's are into gaming. But i love the idea of being old and grey some day and still play my games on a daily basis!
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Hoho tomorrow I turn 18 O:! I'm still loving my 90's games. :D
    it's an old spirit inside a new body!
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Yeah... but a spirit that looks for the best games :D
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    24 years old
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2012
    I'm 30, i should start declaring i discovered the truth about the world soon :p

@kamuizin @Mortianna , you guys remember Eskimo (or was it called Frost Bite?) on atari, that guy that jumped on some iceblocks back and forth? I always failed so hard at that as a kid o_O
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I'm turning 45 next month when BG:EE is finally (hopefully) released..

I'm very surprised at the average age here. I would have thought the average would've been between 30-50...
  • limalama45limalama45 Member Posts: 32
    Turning into the 25 category very soon tho! Started playing way back in 1999 when I was 11 :P
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Once upon a time there was a computer game at a café, no sound, no color, but very catching for a young child. A simple game where a squared “boll” went back and forth as two long squared “tennis rackets” moved up and down returning it between them.

“Daddy, I want to play more”
    “No you can’t, it’s time to go and I have no more coins”.

Then, this game came to the child's home; a small thing connected to the TV. “Blip” sounds but no color, even more catching for the young child, and it played a lot. It could even choose between different games; tennis, squash and solo.

“Daddy, the game is broken.”
    “I don’t know how to repair it, I’m sorry. You have to do something else.”

A long time ago. The child has now grown up but is still playing computer games, from time to time.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    42!
    this one i don't remember, i had 4 or 5 years when i played ATARI, so i remember some of the games only, i have more memories of Master Sistem and SNES.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    22. Have loved BG since my early teens. Was kind of late to the fandom, got into it about five years or so after it came out. I grew up playing Icewind Dale, and as soon as I heard about BG (far too late) I played it and lamented I hadn't found it sooner. Been obsessed ever since.
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    I can't say I am surprised about the majority! but I am certain many of the 25-29 almost qualify for the 30-34 instead :) atleast I know I do.
  • cory5694cory5694 Member Posts: 23
    I saw my dad playing this when i was like 8 i would sit and watch him play and then I would get to play every once and a while. Now I love it.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I think I've reached the point of my mid life crisis now. I'm so old that its simply not fair :(

In 10 years time I'll prolly be in a nuthouse.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2012
    I was never much into D&D per se, but really enjoyed the infinity engine games. The first one to be released was BG.
    Gravity did the rest.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Mungri said:

I think I've reached the point of my mid life crisis now. I'm so old that its simply not fair :(

In 10 years time I'll prolly be in a nuthouse.

I hear ya ^^
    You are not alone!

• kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Lets just say the 1970's rocked and leave it at that.
  • phoenixclphoenixcl Member Posts: 31
    25 (just turned it this year). I feel old ._.