Skip to content

Average BG gamer age

Comments

• ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
  • catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    27, i played original BG when it first came out.My p120 16 MB really struggled with it.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Most of you are younger than me.

I hate most of you.
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    I figured us old people (those of us 30 and up) would be the majority. Obviously I was wrong...lol. I know 30 and up isn't "old" of course, but in gamer terms there's lots of gamers out there that consider 30 as having one foot in the grave already. Especially since I started gaming at around age 8.

Also with the nature of the game its-self, being D&D, you would think that drew in it's share of older gamers when BG came out the first time back in the day. If you were in your 30's then, you might be in your mid 40's or early 50's now.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    It's interesting, and actually refreshing, being the minority here. Most mature forum community I've ever seen. That said, adults, don't let the "mature" title go to your head ... age does NOT denote maturity, it just helps.

14, kids my age just don't appreciate great "old" games as much anymore...

That's a real shame as well. Old school games, especially where reading is concerned, helped with many kids reading and comprehension skills. I remember being around 10 or so and playing "Dragon Warrior" on the NES, having to read and understand every word to be able to enjoy the game.

I'd be willing to bet money that HardKorePanda here has a pretty good grade in English and a higher than average reading and comprehension skill.

When the wife and I have kids we're going to read to them constantly and I'll personally make sure they get to play games that have real substance and not just a bunch of mindless twitch games, even though those too help hand/eye coordination.

Quartz said:

age does NOT denote maturity, it just helps.

LoL true. Sometimes it doesn't even "help". The internet can take a healthy, responsible, mentally stable adult and turn them into a mad raving Troll after two Youtube videos and half a day on Facebook.

• GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    @RavenX

Ah, your post made me remember a summer vaction *shrugh, cant remember when* me and my family were on a car trip down through europe, and i bought "Link's Awakening" for my game boy in Germany,
    Wasnt untill abit later when i started it up realiseing it was in german.
    Took me ages to play through it :^)

Think i still have the game and the old game boy somewhere, might have to look for it next time im home *nostalgia*

@Glokta Good times, man, good times :)
  • BabylonBabylon Member Posts: 10
    Turned 30 several months ago and immediately fell from the most numerous group to the minority. I've never felt old in my life before coming to this poll. :(
  • RyProvRyProv Member Posts: 2
    Well I feel young. BG1 did come out when I was 4, but that never stopped me from enjoying it. The game has only gotten more fun as I have aged. I can ascribe certain parts of my childhood by my playing styles with this game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NadroirNadroir Member Posts: 50
    I'm 17 currently. This was the very first computer games I played on a cd. I was around 5 I think?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    tilly said:

@Quartz
    Age brings neither wisdom nor experience; only the potential for both. ^_^

Well said!
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    21, I played the first BG, while my dad was waiting for Diablo II to come out. So, I was about seven when I played BG. However, I did get to watch my dad play some PnP at a younger age, and I fell in love with DnD right then and there. :D
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Damn im in the 25-29 category. I feel so old :(
  • NeragNerag Member Posts: 4
    I started when I was around 15... good old memories
  • FentonFenton Member Posts: 38
    I feel OLD well in the 35-39 range. Still I feel OLD on this forum now :(
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    I thought there would be more of us in the 35-39 range. When BG was released I was a 23 year old university student looking for anything to do than study ... I'm sure I'm not the only one who avoided school with BG.
  • GwaiGwai Member Posts: 20
    oh, I'm generic as hell
  • Allen63Allen63 Member Posts: 53
    How many retirees? Lets see an over 65 category (which means 65 to 85 on average).
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    Although only just 20 sooo played the original over and over and over in the under 20 category
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    I'm 25, and I HATE that poll options usually lump me in with people pushing 30 now :P lol. Makes me feel old <_<
  • ccoolleeiissccoolleeiiss Member Posts: 7
    Zafiro said:

I'm surprised people under 20(even in their 20s) are playing this game instead of something shiny; feels like take a special one to play an "old school" RPG.

Yeah, it's not the most popular genre with my age group. Heck I only discovered it 2 years ago. After playing, and loving, Planescape: Torment, I feel like I needed to play BG. Then I discovered BG:EE and decided to wait an extra month for it.
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    Just turned 30 a couple of months ago. Started playing on my fathers PC when I were 7 or 8.
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    tilly said:

@Cyhort
    H-hey! n.n' I am _not_ old.

You are ^-^ *raspberry* :p

I never sad you were! It's me! My age issues!

D-don't hit me.... *hides*