Skip to content

What game would you like to get after BGEE 2 ?

wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
I encourage everyone to vote to find out what game is most wanted

ps : sorry for my stupid mistake :) i didn't mean smg , i meant sth in the poll , sorry for my english
  1. What game would you like to get after BGEE 2 ?175 votes
    1. Baldur's Gate 3
      34.86%
    2. Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
      29.71%
    3. Smg with Planescape Torment
      22.86%
    4. smg with Neverwinter Nights
        4.57%
    5. other
        8.00%
Post edited by wojtek on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    IWD 3
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    What does Smg mean?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Isn't the thing OG will work after BG2EE going to Adventure Y though? Ie. the DLC set in the gap between BG1 and 2.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited October 2013
    Madhax said:

What does Smg mean?

something :) , sorry for stupid mistake
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    IWD could definitely use some enhancing. The mechanics are a bit rusty - Ranger dual wielding works by single wielding a weapon and gives you another attack for example.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    Baldur's Gate 3. Ideally probably not a direct sequel but something in that universe would satisfy me best, with some nods to NPCs if not necessarily the PC.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    how about an enhancement of the original fallouts? got them on steam back on the sale but they still take some work to get them on a new os, and there are always stuff you could add to make a game better. i actually saw a mod for new vegas porting the first game from scratch, but that is for people who want to play it in new vegas's rpg/fps engine rather than strategy turn based.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Baldur's Gate 3 with a good storyline. That's all I ask.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I voted an overhaul of PS:T. Give me enhanced graphics and gameplay, leave the story as-is.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Planescape: Torment was a lot of fun, I never actually finished it but I enjoyed myself. I would also like to see Icewind Dale updated, because I never played it at all and this would give me an excuse to do so.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Planescape re-done in HD with an engine modification that lets you use all 8 characters at once. This is the only thing I will ever need in life.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    C'mon! Didn't anyone else think NWN was awesome? The multiplayer was just so ahead of its time, and with a new and improved toolset, it could be even greater still by bringing its community back to life!
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Flashburn said:

C'mon! Didn't anyone else think NWN was awesome? The multiplayer was just so ahead of its time, and with a new and improved toolset, it could be even greater still by bringing its community back to life!

If only you could play with a party...
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I never finished Icewind Dale, but I've played through Kresselack's Tomb and stopped before or in the middle of Dragon's Eye for various reasons soooo many times that I can't really muster the energy to try another go nowadays. I think the inclusion of BGEE's half-orcs, kits, spells, and fighting styles would really liven up that experience so that I could put together at least one party I'd love to run through it with.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

Baldur's Gate 3. Ideally probably not a direct sequel but something in that universe would satisfy me best, with some nods to NPCs if not necessarily the PC.

I'd love a story set in a different part of the same world, starting again from level 1 with a different protagonist. It'd be cool to see characters from charname's party running around as high level NPCs like Drizzt in BG1.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Personally, I wouldn't mind to be able to romance the Lady of Pain in Planescape: Enhanced Torment Edition. The children of the Nameless One and *her* would be no doubtly adorable with their bladed heads and dreadlocks.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    The culmination of ToB marked the ending of the Baldur's Gate saga for me. I don't want a BG3. Sure we can have another game set in Faerun (what's IWD and NWN if not that...) but don't call it BG3. That, to me, implies it should continue the Bhaalspawn saga, and that one is over.

I think NWN series could use some freshening up.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    A new IE-ish game. Definitely an added bonus if it is somehow related to any of the DnD games like BG.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    I'd love to play a HD Planescape, but IWD with BG2 kits and rules sounds good too.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    please BG3, it must happened , finally
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2013
    Planescape Torment is the one...
    Why BG3? The story was brought to a conclusion in Throne of Bhaal, and anything beyond that would be a stretch. Seriously, do we really need a level 40 and above campaign?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "I encourage everyone to vote to find out what game is most wanted"

If that's the case, then Baldur's Gate 3. But the title of this topic doesn't suggest what game from Overhaul Games we would like to see, but rather what game we would like to buy generally, without connections towards Overhaul or Enhanced Editions.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    I would love IWD for iPad! BG3 is a close second.

I would also like to see the old Gold Box games enhanced to run on modern operating systems.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I don't think I'll ever really get the love people have for IWD. I found it so intolerably dull it was unbelievable =/. I don't think I got past the second dungeon or so.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    IWDEE
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited October 2013
    enqenq said:

I think NWN series could use some freshening up.

A lot of freshening up. I know they fixed a lot of the bugs, but I tried to play it somewhat recently and it's still pretty buggy. Also, I'm not the best at these games, but NWN is HARD. Especially HotU.

Also, something about the 3D world makes it harder to forgive the age to me. BG:EE looks great to me, but I think it would be a lot of work to get NWN to look as good (comparatively, I mean). I'd love to see it, though. Get that CEP and PRC and roll a Soulknife or a Psion OH YEAH
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    If Atari has to be involved probably nothing new. A retouch of PST would bye promising though. Otherwise go to crowd funding and create a game using the engine Obsidian is designing for Project Eternity, making the BG sequel in spirit, not calling it Baldur's Gate and not basing it off D&D (ie no Atari).
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited October 2013
    nano said:

I'd love a story set in a different part of the same world, starting again from level 1 with a different protagonist. It'd be cool to see characters from charname's party running around as high level NPCs like Drizzt in BG1.
    This. I like it to be weak and vulnerable at the beginning, than get more powerful in the end. And there's so much of Faêrun still not covered by a (tactical, isometric) computer RPG.

*edit: but it doesn't need to be called 'Baldur's Gate 3', make it something unrelated to the Bhaalspawn saga, that saga is finished and it would be nice to see another part of Faêrun covered than Amn or the Swordcoast. Neverwinter and the Icewind Dales are also covered, so go somewhere to the east for a change.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I voted BG3 because that's something I have been waiting 12 years for. (12.... years)
    But an EE of PS:T would be pretty awesome as well.