Skip to content

What game would you like to get after BGEE 2 ?

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    rdarken said:

Also, something about the 3D world makes it harder to forgive the age to me.

I found it bad even when it was new, and I have a very special gripe with the painfully obvious square grid. But I also didn't enjoy playing NWN2 as a non-warrior, because charname automatically did the talking, and doing the talking meant getting the initial aggro, and if you weren't built to take it, have fun running a lot. And if you are an AoE freak... have fun running a lot. Maybe it "makes more sense" that they run past the tank after the squishy after he has announced his presence with a fireball, but it's not fun, I'd rather they were tougher and dumber.
    rdarken
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    That grid.... I hate how you finish walking and often the character will take a step back. Or you can't get close enough to loot or interact with something even though you can see a clear path.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    rdarken said:

enqenq said:

I think NWN series could use some freshening up.

A lot of freshening up. I know they fixed a lot of the bugs, but I tried to play it somewhat recently and it's still pretty buggy. Also, I'm not the best at these games, but NWN is HARD. Especially HotU.

Also, something about the 3D world makes it harder to forgive the age to me. BG:EE looks great to me, but I think it would be a lot of work to get NWN to look as good (comparatively, I mean). I'd love to see it, though. Get that CEP and PRC and roll a Soulknife or a Psion OH YEAH
    True but I wouldn't be surprised if they could do a lot with it. I know there was this game I played a lot as a kid, called Freespace. Anyways the source code for it was released in 2002. A bunch of modders got together and basically brought this game from 1998/1999 (fs2) up to like 2007 era graphics. It was pretty damn impressive. Still it would probably be a lot of work removing all of the blockiness hehe.
    jackjack
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I miss NWN.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i chose baldur's gate 3 because i would like to see overhaul flex their muscles for a new game made entirely by them instead off just another remake of a game they cant really do anything unique with. but if they want to do all the remakes first thats fine by me :D i can wait for their first original game
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Direct savegame import from ToB and deity-level gameplay. I don't really mind a hamfisted retcon of how ToB canonically ended.
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    edited October 2013
    Other:

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor Enhanced Edition

The Temple of Elemental Evil Enhanced Edition
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    How about some of the old school Dark Sun games, like Shattered Lands or Wake of the Ravager? What can I say, Dark Sun was always my favorite D&D setting.

If we want to stick with infinity engine games, I'd rather see them enhance Fallout 1 and 2. I have tried to play those games, and the interface drives me mad before I get very far.
    Michail
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Pool of Radiance: EE! (Gold Box, not that Ruins of whatever...)
    atcDaveMichail
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    While a 3rd installment would be nice, that means new map content. And the added map content in BGEE was very weak imo. Looked low res and didnt follow the same artstyle.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    planescape Tormet. The best game and story even purpassing Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 in terms of story and setting. It was so alien and strange Loved it to bits.
    Never was a fan of icewind dale myself to hack and slash for me.
    lordkimEudaemoniumMichail
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    I'd like to see BG3, it'd be interesting to compare it to the upcoming "Project Eternity'
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Wilbur said:

Flashburn said:

C'mon! Didn't anyone else think NWN was awesome? The multiplayer was just so ahead of its time, and with a new and improved toolset, it could be even greater still by bringing its community back to life!

If only you could play with a party...
    What if that was the enhancement (or one of them)?

I personally like the idea of enhancing all of the listed games. And I admit to some apprehension about what rules system any potential BG3 would use. But still think that new content and material would be a nice next move for the folks at Overhaul/Beamdog.

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Wilbur said:

Flashburn said:

C'mon! Didn't anyone else think NWN was awesome? The multiplayer was just so ahead of its time, and with a new and improved toolset, it could be even greater still by bringing its community back to life!

If only you could play with a party...
    What if that was the enhancement (or one of them)?

I personally like the idea of enhancing all of the listed games. And I admit to some apprehension about what rules system any potential BG3 would use. But still think that new content and material would be a nice next move for the folks at Overhaul/Beamdog.
    I'm on board for enhancing all the games. I am also apprehensive about future rules systems, but more importantly the ugly canon of current-day Faerun. Anyhow, 4th edition would be better served as a tactical game (anyone here played Gladius? like that), I have no idea what Poorly-Named-5th-Edition is going to be like. I think WotC (Hasbro) hates to admit when they've seriously flubbed, and they did just that with the storylines of Faerun. It's pretty obvious to me that the quality of thought put into it came from the school of "make the square peg fit the round hole."

If you could get them to admit they're wrong, perhaps we could see something set before the Spellplague, even if we have to use whatever the most recent ruleset is.
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    IWD!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @LordRumfish - would suggest that the school of thought for 4th/5th editions has been at least in part about making a more CRPG friendly game system (and failing on both fronts).

I don't want this thread to be hijacked by 'Version control' though so.... Let's just say that I absolutely agree that any new EE projects would be welcome. And that I personally think any potential BG3 game should use the same rules set as BG1-2 if for no other reason that consistency.
    atcDave
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    atcDave
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

IWDEE

It would give me a reason to mod it again. Modding sucks when it comes to the IWD games.
    jackjackQuartz
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80

How about some of the old school Dark Sun games, like Shattered Lands or Wake of the Ravager? What can I say, Dark Sun was always my favorite D&D setting.

If we want to stick with infinity engine games, I'd rather see them enhance Fallout 1 and 2. I have tried to play those games, and the interface drives me mad before I get very far.

I would love to see those redone in the enhanced IE. I can't even guess how many hours I played those two back in the day. Hmm, maybe I should see if I can get them running in DOSBox while I'm waiting for BG2 EE...
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited October 2013
    I may be incorrect but you can use tutu to get the upgrades on the others can't you? I for one would really like to see some new content for our hard earned money and think that bg 3 would be the perfect title to exceed all of our expectations and investments achieving unparalleled replayability with a whole new round of theory crafting and adventure. I have limited knowledge of lore and edition rules so do not even know if this is possible, but I would really love to see it.

Edit: If BG3 is a nogo if you guys own the title Eye of the beholder EE.
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Baldurs gate 3 game was being made after bg2 its involved the ascension of char name and his travels through the divine world, it was already quite far in I believe by the article that Iread, and the programmers heart was broken when it got cut and black isle went under, could be that bg3 will restart his work or maybe even include him could be a member of overhaul for all I remember, wish I knew his name
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Just read the work was the black hound project that got cancelled which was to be bg3. However OH have said they want to make bg3 with a more original storyline and wont be continuing the work according to wiki
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I would really love an Icewind Dale EE ... game has like, THE BEST immersion/atmosphere ever. I've dreamed in IWD graphics a couple of times, really enjoyable experiences. :)
    JuliusBorisov

I would love to see those redone in the enhanced IE. I can't even guess how many hours I played those two back in the day. Hmm, maybe I should see if I can get them running in DOSBox while I'm waiting for BG2 EE...

I've done that actually. I was able to get Shattered Lands to run, but it crashed whenever I saved. I didn't put much effort into it, though, so maybe there's a workaround.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I see so much potential in IWDEE
    lolien
  • quiner87quiner87 Member Posts: 5
    BGEE Android. Torment would be cool too.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    jamesker said:

Baldurs gate 3 game was being made after bg2 its involved the ascension of char name and his travels through the divine world, it was already quite far in I believe by the article that Iread, and the programmers heart was broken when it got cut and black isle went under, could be that bg3 will restart his work or maybe even include him could be a member of overhaul for all I remember, wish I knew his name

I know they were going to make another and it was cancel, but I also thought I read a article about a legal issue with the title that I thought was more recent.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I'd like to se an IWD enhanced edition. I'm not entirely onboard with or looking forwards to a BG3. I'm not completely opposed to continuing my favorite video game series of all time I simply am not convinced that there is anything left that needs to be said with the franchise. Bhaal is dead and long gone, the PC has either destroyed his essence or become a god himself. Unless it's going to be like the game Black and White or some new way too high level adventure that has the PC fighting 2-5 dragons per encounter there's not really anywhere to go with a BG3. And a BG3 that was simply a new character with a new story (that maybe happens in Baldur's Gate, hence the name) will come off as kind of a sad money grab by plastering the franchise name on a game that really has nothing to do with the BG franchise. It's a totally different game, give it a totally new name.

IWD is a classic (not in the same vein as BG but a classic none the less) and I'd be quite happy with a new shiny version of it that perhaps used the IWD2 engine.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
    Oh ya, where's our Linux version of BGEE? I'd buy the game again if it ran on Linux. It'd be great press for them, since it would get reposted on every Linux site.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    On a related tangent I am also GREATLY looking forward to DLCs for BG:EE and BG2:EE.
    jackjack