DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
A new update is available, which includes the following fixes:
5713: Japanese, Russian, and Ukrainian translations are now available
6680: The game now creates an autosave following the "Gorion Cutscene"
4626: Some Turkish language issues have been resolved in Character Creation
5115: German soundsets now play correctly
6375: The credits for the volunteer and translation teams have been updated
6676: Neera now moves to the Friendly Arm Inn if her initial request to join the party is rejected
6175: Minsc's enrage ability now deals the correct amount of damage (15 instead of 30) at the end of the duration
Please download the beta now and try it out. Once you're satisfied, come back here and vote below.
If you haven't played the latest version of the beta, please do not vote.

If we get enough votes of confidence, the patch will be released tomorrow.
  1. Patch III Wrap-Up (part 2)285 votes
    1. I've played the latest update a lot and am totally convinced that this patch is ready for release
      16.84%
    2. I've only had time to play for a few minutes but it looks good to me
      20.35%
    3. I have encountered a critical issue, do not release the patch (please explain)
        1.40%
    4. I am not part of the beta or will not have a chance to play the latest update
      61.40%
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    Nice work on this! Thanks for addressing these issues!
  • MoRidinMoRidin Member Posts: 14
    Sorry, problem with intel graphics =)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @MoRidin
    I've just sent you an email. You should have said something sooner!
  • MoRidinMoRidin Member Posts: 14
    @Dee
    Two weeks on a business trip ...
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Honestly Dee I've played Baldurs gate right through and tales of the sword coast, and I haven't even found a bug yet, seems to run fine! I seriously think its time to go public with it
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited October 2013
    You played through the whole thing in less than an hour? 0.o

Anyway, just flicked through the update on a few different saves. Plays as perfectly as it did before (so it's ready in other words IMO)
  • shixunshixun Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2013
    Would be nice if it is released today!
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited October 2013
    Isn't tomorrow the earliest possible?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited October 2013
    Great news for us french players :)

I played through the tutorial. The old voices seems much more louder than the new ones.

The sound 'You must gather your party before venturing forth' is in english not in french.

The new npcs audio is still in vo. I think it's better to have no voices for characters that don't have localized audio.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    French audio is a bad thing if part of it isn't localized.

For a very good reason : That means that ANY new content has a huge, big, glowing sign that says "I AM NOT PART OF THE BASE GAME, LOOK, I'M IN ENGLISH"

It's nice of you to include that, but honestly, having the sound be part french/part english is a bad move.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Has this patch been made available for macs? I can't see it.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    The autosave after Gorion cutscene works, Minsc Berserk works fine (but the description of the skill is still wrong showing Barkskin). Neera, however, died pretty easily (after 5hp damage o.O ) even though I set the difficulty level to minimum. The mage killed her with a fire arrow spell
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2013
    Oww, i was having fun playing my 1-rep evil party through phase III but i only got so far at clearing nashkel mines and the gnoll stronghold. :(
    I guess I can still use the same savegame after this update right? :D
    The only thing we changed with Neera was her placement for that fight; she was previously teleporting herself directly next to the bodyguards, and now she teleports herself behind the party.

It's still up to the player to protect her. It's not an easy fight.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    elminster said:

Has this patch been made available for macs? I can't see it.

I'm not seeing it either, which implies 'no'.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    I haven't had a problem since... the 932 (aka Green Filter) was added... Well, except the fact that it was removed... That's "still" my only problem! (Yeah, yeah, I know, I talk too much about it but it's dearly missed... and the only real trouble I experienced...).

Oh, and I'll probably install the patch a little later!
    Regarding French: it looks like there was a miscommunication. We'll be removing the French sounds and keeping the English ones. We still have plans for a better solution, but in the mean-time it's better to have a consistent experience than a mixed one.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2013
    Dee said:

The only thing we changed with Neera was her placement for that fight; she was previously teleporting herself directly next to the bodyguards, and now she teleports herself behind the party.

It's still up to the player to protect her. It's not an easy fight.

ok :) when the fight begins she is behind the party but she walks toward the bodyguards before casting her spell, and then starts meleeing the mage... but ok, not a bug, it is doable.

btw she can now be found correctly at the FAI if the party declines her offer to join :)
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    @Dee, if i may say, i really think you should stop adding more and more content at the last minute like you are doing now. You can't get things right like this.
    I could see a lot of justified askings and suggestions from beta-testers in the last days and hours, but here's the thing : either you make sure the present patch is right, or you delay it to add more things without any miscommunication / new bugs.

For example you said yesterday that the component "The game now creates an autosave following the "Gorion Cutscene"" couldn't be added right two days before patch, and yet, here we have it the next day as if you said nothing.
    Then consider the french localization that you said wasn't ready when we spoke about it earlier, and now it should be ready ?

Anyway, that was my humble opinion for tonight. If you want to release this patch now, just make it right and don't be in such a hurry... Another patch will follow later anyway.

Also i should say that your communication and responsiveness is really way better than a few months ago. You're really getting it now. Thank you for that.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    Also , i had a chance to play it for a bit and this seems good to me from what i could have seen. But, i confirm that the audio for french is not complete, some dialogues are still in english, and it's not very serious to release it at this state.

I really hope you'll get back to the old english audio / french text for the actual patch , like you said.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Dee said:

Regarding French: it looks like there was a miscommunication. We'll be removing the French sounds and keeping the English ones. We still have plans for a better solution, but in the mean-time it's better to have a consistent experience than a mixed one.

Great, thanks - that's exactly what I meant :)
    We're uploading the update now with the French voices removed.

That's the only change to this update, so nothing should be different except for the French voices, but check it out anyway.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Russian translation has many parts left in english.
    Hopefully i'm not Russian :p
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I've posted a bug report here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22772/bug-quick-save-is-deleting-itself#latest

Ever since the last two beta patch updates, Quick Save and Auto Save are automatically being deleted. Reinstalling the game doesn't correct the problem.
    edited October 2013
    We may need some more information from you; when I follow the steps in your thread I don't get that issue.
  • DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
    Dee said:

Is this only regarding the French voices or are the German ones affected, too? Just asking for interest, I myself am bilinguar, so I wouldn't care. But my friends might want to know if the German voices are finally in.
    Just French; the German translation has been fully [re-]recorded with new voice-overs, which includes the new content.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Eudaemonium seems like its up now.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    @elminster: I had actually just checked the Launcher and was about to post myself!

Seem we've been given entry to the club. I can understand why they didn't let you in, but to think they kept a noble Red Wizard like I waiting on the pavement like some common drudge is, quite frankly, beyond the pale.
This discussion has been closed.