Skip to content

Patch III Wrap-Up (part 2)

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    How much time is "a lot"? Because I'm planning on going solo through the game with the GodBow to test if anything's wrong without it taking too much time.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Use your best judgment.
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Glad to see that when I beat Sarevok the game no longer crashes unceremoniously after the cutscene. Although I still miss hearing the "Tiax Rules" song over the credits. Are we going to get credits back, or are they just gone?

Other than some minor hard-to-reproduce bugs, I haven't seen anything game-breaking in the latest update. I'm going to try and do another playthrough with the most recent patch ( my playthrough was during patch updates, and I just finished the game as of now ).

I like what's been done with the UI so far, and the menu that doesn't take up the whole screen. It feels a lot more natural.

I played as an Archer, and I did have this issue with arrow switching. If I had two types of arrows in my quiver, let's say Arrow +1 and Arrow of Dispel, if the Arrow +1 ran out, my weapon would change to a fist and I would start meleeing. I would expect the quiver to just switch to the next available slot when it runs out, regardless of type.
    JuliusBorisov
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    On Beamdog, I still don't have any update. I'm still stucked in 1.0.2014.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    So far so good for me. The latest update seems stable to me. I'm nearly finished a play I started after being accepted into the Beta. Just a couple of major quests like Werewolf Island and Durgar's Tower to go through and then I'll finish off Sarevok. No complaints here yet.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    Played it about an hour and 15 minutes. Runs really smoothly with no major problems from what I can see. Only minor problem that I found is that at least one of the special ability descriptions (Minsc's Berserk) still has barkskin as the description. Still, I say release it tomorrow.
    RedGuardJuliusBorisov
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    I'm going to echo elminster here (as much as it pains me to concur with such a simian).

EDIT: I had a single complaint, but it turned out to be caused by a stray file in my override folder, so I was just being an idiot (I think I shall now lament the pain you must be feeling at the thought that I might be less perfect than you previously believed).
    elminster
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013

I'm out on an adventure, doing my best to find a critical issue, but I've not found one yet.

All I've found are [Pun] CRITICAL MISSues! [/Pun]

(As in in-game critical misses with thac0, not any critical misses from a bug-fixing perspective)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    is it worth downloading the entire beta just for this last stage or is it better just to wait it out?

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    element said:

is it worth downloading the entire beta just for this last stage or is it better just to wait it out?

At this stage it is probably better to wait it out, since the patch is probably going to be released into the wild tomorrow. You can download the beta for possible future beta builds, though, if you so desire.
    RedGuardelement
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013
    ChrisYui said:

I played as an Archer, and I did have this issue with arrow switching. If I had two types of arrows in my quiver, let's say Arrow +1 and Arrow of Dispel, if the Arrow +1 ran out, my weapon would change to a fist and I would start meleeing. I would expect the quiver to just switch to the next available slot when it runs out, regardless of type.

Oh yeah, I noticed this too. Very annoying in-game but I forgot all about it while on the forum. Let's hope it can be fixed in the future.

Otherwise I believe it's good to go. :)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited October 2013
    thanks @Eudaemonium that's a lot of help.
    Eudaemonium

ChrisYui said:

Oh yeah, I noticed this too. Very annoying in-game but I forgot all about it while on the forum. Let's hope it can be fixed in the future.

Otherwise I believe it's good to go. :)
    FYI if you right-click on the fist you should be able to select new ammunition.
    JuliusBorisovIthual
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Dee said:

It's actually intentional. You'll switch stacks of the same type automatically, but it you have different kinds it keeps you from wasting rare ammunition.

And that's exactly the way it should remain. Very well thought.
    elminstermagpieJarrakulIthual
    edited October 2013
    Flashburn said:

Okay, after some hours of LUDICROUS SPEED testing, from Candlekeep all the way to the start of the Candlekeep Catacombs I've found a few (minor) bugs. I've done most of the side-quests as well.

3) Kobold Commandos that shoot Arrows of Fire make you save vs. breath instead of spell, even though that's what Arrows of Fire are supposed to make you save for.

I believe Kobold Commandos have their own special Arrow of Fire (Arowkc.itm). This is what they actually fire but they also have regular Arrows of Fire (Arow08.itm) in their quick slots (which is what you actually can pick up). Anyways I believe Arowkc.itm has always been a save vs. breath weapon going back to BG1 vanilla.
    Flashburn
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Downloaded the update, played it on werewolf island now I'm aiming for chapter 6. Looks good so far.
  • DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    Played a few hours with the latest update and everything is still working fine.

@Flashburn I noticed everyone in my party with 16con or higher had alot better stamina than the others, so I agree something is fishy there. 17-30 days sounds abit over the top though, I think my party members got fatigue after around a week.
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    @Deio @Flashburn
    About the fatigue.
    Did you do some reload?
    I noticed, in the proper version (I don't have access to the beta) when you load a save, the fatigue is reset if the character didn't complain before the save.
    I don't think it was fixe in the beta.
  • DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    @BJMJD Not sure actually, I tend to sleep as little as possible when I play BG so it's quite possible I have a few reloads in-between sleeping sessions.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited October 2013
    @Deio
    @BJMJD
    I didn't reload or sleep at all between starting in Candlekeep and 17 days later around the wilderness areas of Beregost with 18 CON.

I know that party members with <16 CON will get tired after a day or so, but those with at least 16 have almost limitless energy. I remember that it took a week to get from Ulgoth's Beard to Durlag's Tower in a different playthrough and all my party members were fatigued except Imoen, Kagain, Baeloth, and me. Only Xan and Branwen were tired.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    @Isaya :
    You're mistaken, I'm okay with having a partial french soundset, even if I don't like it and think it gives a feeling of "that game isn't complete/polished" to the users.

But i absolutely disagree about having both english AND french sounds in the same version. It's the worst option possible to me, and it's the option they had chosen, hence me disagreeing.
    BJMJDAedan
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    @Isaya
    @Aranthys is right, we were not complaining about having the French sounds instead of english ones.

Iit's true i made some complaint about it to @Dee, and asked about having the choice to get the sounds AND the subtitles of our choice if possible.
    BUT, i'm aware we must be only a few people to prefer an original version with french subtitles and i'm ok to follow the voice of majority, until this choice option can be fully implemented.

In the latest update though, the french sounds were mixed with english ones. It's a bug i already reported earlier in beta, that has not been fixed. That's why we asked to remove it, until they can fix it completely and offer us a true and working french version, like in vanilla.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Well, I encountered voice lines cutting (friends and foes) from back to BG1 (1998). I got a little used to it in the end and since they didn't fix it in BG2, I taught it was a sound card problem (even though creative sound blasters were the top sound card in the day, for the price/reliability anyway! (However, I don't miss the set blaster settings one bit!)). But if it is possible to fix it, please, do so! It would be so cool hearing everyone shouting their attack line at once! :)

Right Boo? (Squeek!)
This discussion has been closed.