Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Are Belt and Liia Jannath supposed to be pushovers? (spoiler warning)

2»

Comments

• GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 248
    edited July 11
    Hey semiticgod, hey your right i just checked. This makes Algernon's Cloak and the Nymph Cloak the most important items for a no re-load run. I sure behaves differently then all charm spells, because the recipient of the charm spell normally goes hostile, but with Algernon's Cloak they go back to a neutral blue. Thanks for this discovery this makes the fight absolutely 100% winnable now :) Whew... poor Wizard Slayer :(

DreadKhansemiticgodJuliusBorisov
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 159
    I remember spamming the hell out of Web in that encounter. Not only did I want to keep both of them alive, but also to be the one killing all the Doppelgangers - as to not miss out on XP. So ideally I wanted everything, including Belt, Liia and the guards webbed.

I don't know how many tries that took me. Probably few dozen. Piece of cake in comparison to rolling a character!

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 215
    edited July 16
    I believe in the vanilla game you could use Otiluke's Resiliant Orb. (At least I think I used that way back in the day...) In the EE's, however, this is considered an offensive move and your PC gets nuked by Winski.

I used web instead myself, as it gives you time to setup a proper offense.

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,799
    Well, that's ironic as heck, since Web is an actual hostile spell, being red and all. How the heck does Web not offend, but the sphere does? Odd.

gorgonzolaJuliusBorisovsemiticgod
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 215
    edited July 17
    DreadKhan wrote: »
    Well, that's ironic as heck, since Web is an actual hostile spell, being red and all. How the heck does Web not offend, but the sphere does? Odd.

It is probably because web doesn't target a specific character (AOE) and causes no damage by itself. You can use it in towns without causing neutrals to go hostile, even if they get caught in it. The sphere, while it doesn't cause damage, does target a specific character - though, as you point out, it is considered a neutral (white) spell. I think it's a bug myself.

JuliusBorisovsemiticgodDreadKhanDaevelon